Munitions-Trolling Role

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crzyrazr, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

Ok so I have seen and read all these posts about DPSing with Munitions. Even though it seems that is it's main intent. I think it would be nice to hear from a controllers point of view.
    So let's hear about it.
    What are some of the good things?
    What are some of the bad things?
    How does it feel?

That are just some of the questions I have about it.

Thanks
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Multi-net launcher pulls multiple targets. Pretty sure that's unique among troll powers. Also, Smoke Grenade launcher is a nice group stun that doesn't seem to render the main target unpullable before they break out. APS is your industry standard group shield. xD
  3. Owl Devoted Player

Munitions Controller powers:
    • Power Over Time: Chain Grenade Launcher, Laser Net Launcher
    • Instant Power to 3 team members: Reload
    • Supercharge Shield that restores Power: Active Protection System
    • Defense Debuffs: Five Barrel Minigun, Smoke Grenade Launcher
    • Damage Debuffs: Flak Cannon, Mini-Nuke
    • Healing Debuffs: Multi-Net Launcher, Rocket Launcher
    • Self Shield + Detaunt: Survival
    • Pull: Multi-Net Launcher (combos into either a single or multi-target pull)
    • Stuns: Chain Grenade Launcher, Laser Net Launcher, Multi-Net Launcher, Flak Cannon, Smoke Grenade Launcher, Small Package, Chain Gun, Five Barrel Minigun, Particle Gun, Rocket Jump, Rocket Retreat, Mounted Turret
    • Like x 5
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Munitions seems very good for playing damage troll. In that case Biggun is a must-have supercharge.
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Rocket jump and rocket retreat are great area stuns in troll stance.

Multi net launcher is also a must.
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Biggun is a must have for damage trolling
  7. Judgmental Jolt Well-Known Player

All I have to say is Multi-Net launcher. I freaking love it. The ability to choose between single and multi-pull is simply blowing my mind.

Rocket retreat is also awesome as an interrupt (lunge to interrupt, rocket retreat to get out before you even get in).

So far, I love Munitions. I didn't know that I was ReadyForMunitions but it turns out I was! The real question is how soon will I be begging to have my ring back (HL-traitor here)?
  8. Real2TM Well-Known Player

I ran elite last night and was able to do a single pull with multi net launcher to pull an ad from essence. I did not see multiple targets being pulled. Do I have to hit a couple with the net then hold triangle?

It is very fun to use the power. Five barrel machine gun is great BUT I noticed the ads tank had a bit of an issue with me making the ads run around. I chose smoke grenade instead since it keeps them in place. The active protective system sc is awesome! Coming from gadgets with no real sc to this is very cool. Saved us from wiping a couple times with bow masters being out. Multi net launcher served it's purpose to get add away from group and essence. Also it helps out quantum dps because of the pi's. I used survival as well to pick teammates up. Doesn't really work as well as distract but still gets the job done (will test out more).
  9. Van_Gho Committed Player

Whoa whoa, go back, munitions is a troll role? I haven't seen a rambo in troll mode yet, are you just making this up?
  10. Judgmental Jolt Well-Known Player

I noticed while I was on my league hall sparring targets that the multi-pull didn't always work. It could very well be some enemies having immunity, or not having a net on them. From my experience and understanding, doing a tap range after multi-net is a single pull, but doing a hold is a multi-pull

I can say with 100% confidence that I've had it pull at least 3 enemies in RTN while I was stealing adds from the tank (one of those things I like to do to cause trouble)

I'll have to try it next time I'm in Throne as multi-net is pretty much my go-to stun. Smoke grenade is also pretty nice. Out of curiosity, how does Survival differ from Distract? Gadgets is the only troll power I haven't tried, but I thought Distract and Survival should be almost identical
  11. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

Thanks for the feedback! I may play around with it before deciding to switch a toon to it.

How does it feel compared to the other trolling powers? I am a quantum controller and I feel like champ when I lock down ads and start beating them swiftly about the head and shoulders.

Now alot of time I am running as a backup troll in raids. So has anyone ran as a backup troll to another troll? Are you seeing any issues that may make it harder to run as a backup troll or even main troll for that matter?
  12. Real2TM Well-Known Player

I'll try doing the multi pull with 1 add in a net and I'll tap a couple ads and see how it works.

Survival and distract basically do the same thing. Distract I was able to cast it and run over to the ad tank and pick him up no issues. Survival I was not as successful with it. I don't think it lasts as long as distract but I'll do more testing on it.

If it doesn't work out that great I can try the splosion. Seems that would kind of do the same thing.

I am also planning on using eye of the tiger in troll role to see if the power back works as well in it. If it does I could stun the ads when the tank has them and still dump power without causing issues.
  13. Avian Dedicated Player

I use the following powers

PoT - Chain Grenade Launcher (I prefer this over Laser Net Launcher because it hits multipile enemies and applies burning PI)
    Recharge - Reload
    SC - Active Protection System (Group shielding & power)
    Aggro dump/shield - Survival (similar to Gadget's Distract)
    Multi stun/healing debuff - Multi-Net Launcher (Multi stun, it also combos into a single target or multi target pull)
    Defense debuff/Multi Stun - Smoke Grenade Launcher

I haven't had the chance to test which one of my debuff powers have the biggest AoE for stunning yet but if the defense debuff is better I'd probably swap out the healing debuff for something else depending on the content.
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

I think most people are gravitating towards this loadout as well. I don't think it's missing anything.

I invite everyone to discuss their experiences and loadouts for both DPS and troll role in my prelim guide: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...iminary-guide-discussion.249051/#post-3188810