The Worst Complaint You've Heard About Your In-Game Skill

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Avenged, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Legends PVP: We had just started the match when this guy asked the group if we were "any good at this?". So we responded with yes. He then asked what our PVP cr is, I said (at the time) 98, but I had just gotten a ps4 so I could start PVPing again. He then said "mine's 100, I'm better than you!" My friend & I started laughing at the sheer arrogance. Dude then said "well you know what I mean". I checked him out on one of the stat sites later, come to find out his PVP cr was only 99 (and his sp was & is much lower than mine) but he was better than us. :rolleyes: We still laugh at that, & throw around "I'm better than you" for giggles. I'm always hoping to run into that player again...would have so much fun with that.
    • Like x 1
  2. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

This is because after they breakout, we can't pull for about 3-5secs. And the DPS spamming powers usually aggro the adds which then leads to the tank getting blamed. This leads to the troll being blamed because at the end of the day, most people don't want to take any blame for what they've done.
  3. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

But you're sorc. Numbers wise, sorc has always outdone nature.
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Basically just this stuff here.... Nothing worse then people not understanding scripted aggro drops.

I can shoot people with frost snipe till I run out of blue bar, it doesn't mean they're going to be velcro'ed to me the entire time.

Same with Throne too, I can only hold 8 NPC's before they start to go other places.... Not my fault the burns not there to keep the numbers down.

Although on the flip side, I felt great after helping a group in Lockdown when it was the top raid and I heard "Yo, this tank is beast as F#$%! It okay for us to add you to our friends list ?!?!?"
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Yeah, this DRIVES ME NUTS..... Then you get a bunch of clown DPS'es saying "hey Tank, there's adds back here you need to pull!"

Well I have news for you, see how they're blinking and have immunity ?!?!? I CAN'T pull them just yet, so give it a rest!

I really do wish we could pull them while they're stunned so we wouldn't have to hear this junk in game.
  6. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

lol nice idea for a thread!!
    Was running breach once as a troll and I was burning ads faster than the DPS. I knew her power so I pointed out a few tips in order to improve her damage. She kept doing the same thing so I pointed out again after a while. Nothing changed. We managed to get through it all but as soon as I left the group I got a tell from someone from her league saying I was a sh*tty troll.
    I don't get why people feel offended when help is offered, I always ask for someone's loadout if I see something different that is working.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vesper Dedicated Player

No. Not true. Not true at all. Two equally skilled players with equal cr, equal skill points, the Nature will almost always out-numbers the sorcery. Nature has more Heal Over Time, with higher tics of healing. The Consume of the pheromones also is a massive group burst heal. Nature also has a much larger area of effect for group healz, hitting most peeps in a large room. Sorcery has a very nice Circle of Protection, but if you are more than a few feat away from the visible edge, no healz for you.

Sorcery has to be HIGHLY on its game in order to out-numbers a Nature.
    • Like x 3
  8. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

I personally like that we can't pull controller stunned adds. At the same time, I wish the community played better and actually understood simple game mechanics.
  9. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

Well I should say this, last time I healed side-by-side with a sorc heal was back in Nexus when it first came out. I was also undergeared so that would explain me getting outhealed. But in t3/t4 days unless I went bug form and spammed power, my friend (sorc) always outhealed me. We had the same resto but he'd still beat me by like 100k which at that time was a lot.
  10. kav Committed Player

[IMG]

Why do you put up with such magnificent nutjobs?! Why?!
  11. Menelaos Dedicated Player

First time I ran Khan everyone in the raid seemed to know to use the roofs to move from one objective to the next. I did not, and I attempted to follow them on the ground and was killed. One of the players with a mic decided he would be the comedian and began making wagers with the others as to how many times this "explicit" would die before reaching them. I died twice more and it wasn't what they said, but rather their laughter every time an under-geared first timer would die. I figured out where they were and rode their "superior abilities" to victory. But I did get mine in the end, as it seemed Mr. Comedian really needed a style to complete a feat and well, if you remember the old loot system, after hearing he was missing it I made sure to *NEED*. Story would end up way cooler if I had gotten it, but the one and only other "pug" got it and he typed in group: "This should shut him up".....made me laugh :)
    • Like x 2
  12. L T Devoted Player

There are a lot of jerks in the game. I thought I was the only one who encountered them. Thanks for this thread.
  13. Van_Gho Committed Player

It gets better.........no, no it doesn't
  14. Teldon New Player

I know all to well your pain here. Hell it still surprises me the amount of sheer stupid when it comes to non-tanks and the attitude that if they take even one point of damage for any reason, then I have failed as a tank.
    • Like x 1
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Curious as to why you like it that we cannot pull them. I understand that we can't, but would love if we could pull them while they're stunned to keep them all piled together as much as possible.
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I was once called ¨the worst healer¨ in HIVE Moon Base alert back in 2011. I only went healer because they asked me to, didn't know a single thing about it, only had Watcher out and didn't hit any instant heals at all. Made me sad, but it was the motivation I needed to improve.

I like to think I am a pretty good healer now. ^.^
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Mostly for kicks and giggles :p
  18. NaumNML New Player

This actually happened to me for the first time not to long ago....was running avarice impurity with a leaguemate and two guys from another league (we qued in). I get a tell after we are done saying me and my leaguemate are trash and we suck because we didn't free his healer from the cube. He tried so hard to make me mad, and I just kept trolling him by talking about feats lol. He ended up just laughing saying I'm hard to make angry. He doesn't even know I left healer in there in the hope my leaguemate would die so I could tbag him lol
    • Like x 1
  19. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

I've recently been chastised while tanking in both the Forge in HoH, and the Spike Room in LoLs. When Rage tanking, something will stun me and nothing I do breaks me out of it, hence I rage crash and die. Then the insults come.

Think I'll change back to Ice or something. :(

Of course, if I really am missing something (not been rage for long), and theres a way I can avoid the stun, please someone tell me! :eek:
  20. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Of course I have back-seat tanking stories aplenty. I think my favorite was the know it all dude who was lecturing to his buddy the whole time, just non stop chatter about how everyone else was screwing up the raid compared to how he runs it on all his alts. When he got onto the subject of tanking, he said that he never loses aggro like I was when he's running on his quantum tank.