Booster Boxes and Charity

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by KiaserX, Mar 31, 2015.

1. KiaserX Level 30

I have always enjoyed the booster boxes. I have enjoyed them because of their exclusive items and limited time sale. I am generally eager when the sale presents itself because of the potential to obtain a rare aura and useful game tools. That being said, why not take it a step beyond in-game vanity or usefulness and with the limited sale give a portion of proceeds to charity?

I had the thought, as I was thinking pink, that October, in the United States, is breast cancer awareness month. Corporations as well as many cancer awareness groups try to raise money, in hopes of gaining a better foothold in the terrible disease. While the breast cancer is just one example, I figure that it can go towards other reputable charities also. I think that by taking a portion of the proceeds from DCUO and other games can really do some good for both the company and the player community.

I know that gaming is a business and we all are part of turning the profit in order to keep the game running. I know that some folks may not enjoy the idea of their funds going to a charity instead of into the game where some elements are needed. It is a risk,m and I hope that the benefits of giving to a charity outweigh the bad. I would feel really good if I knew a part of my money gave another person a chance to live another day, while I enjoy the fruits of my gaming labor and costs.

Have a great gaming day

~Roxley~
    • Like x 6
  2. dngnb8 Devoted Player

World of Warcraft has similar fund raisers. One can buy vanity pets or mounts and the proceeds benefit a charity.
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

This is such a great idea. Perfect time to introduce special pink auras....
  4. GoldMaul New Player

There are already pink auras in the game.
  5. ArtOfFreak Well-Known Player

Ummmm, I domate about 1500 - 2000 a year to charities. My game money should go to the devs to help them make a better game. Charity begins at home. Not to mention, maybe I don't want to donate to the charity they choose.
  6. KiaserX Level 30

Thanks for the feedback and most of what I had said I figured others would also mention. If it happens it will happen and if it doesn't, well... Point is It could be nice and does not necessarily have to come from booster boxes. However, pink auras in the game right now are slim and regular. Pink auras have not happened in plasmic, nimbus, smoke, or radiant. People do love a good purple too. Anyhow, thanks again for the feedback and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and for those with other holidays and events this time of year. Enjoy the family time and may good fortune smile upon you all.