HL Trolls Stop Stuning

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sin Cattvo, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Buckley Loyal Player

So basicly you want to have a entire power adjusted because you had a bad player in your group. :rolleyes:
  2. Disatria New Player

Dude already said he wasn't on pot and we have already establish what was going on in the raid to cause the knock back and here u are talking trash like u always do in every thread u post in. Chill out dude
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

Everyone complains about the Controllers stunning, until they need the adds stunned, then they complain the Controller isn't stunning the adds...LOL
  4. Delta795 New Player

I had a tank complain I that I stunned and add (1 add) once last week, mind you it was to recast PoTafter I picked up the healer and he (the tank) was yelling for heals.

Just for shiz and giggles for the remainder of the raid I hard stunned everything where it stood in every room and laughed as I watched him try to pull.

Yeah, I'm THAT guy
  5. D0SE New Player

Logged in just to like and repost this. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    • Like x 1
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

WTF is a controller using RAM for....

My loadout is normally, Impact (POT) LB (for defense debuff) combo to mini guns if needed, GH - combo to LB and than Mini Guns....

I do not have RAM nor do I see any reason to have RAM. HL trollers needs to stop acting as DPS and play as trolls. Debuff, CC, and power...You get plenty of CC effects with Impact, LB, GH along with the combo to MG. No other combo moves are really needed for HL trolls....Jeez
  7. Malachyte Devoted Player

Outstanding...:)
  8. Delta795 New Player

Run TOTD then come tell me how great LB works (psst it doesn't)
    So that leaves you with Impact (not gonna throw that more than every 20 seconds)
    That leaves you with only a few.. Ram works great as a stun as a HL troller, TBH my old HL load out tray for most content was
    Impact, Ram, Light Barrier, LightBlast, Recharge Group Shields

Ram could be swapped out if Heal debut was needed but I have Never carried GH in loadout for DPS or Troll as there are better options. Ram is one of them
    • Like x 1
  9. Malachyte Devoted Player

Lightblast works great for me for both stunning the adds the tanks have gathered up, to stunning the Totem Master as he's heading to the middle if the Tank can't pull him right away to stunning the add in the outer chamber off the bat so I can get away quickly.

It debuffs fine for me on all bosses, just need to get a good line of sight at times, but I find it to be essential.

Why doesn't it Lightbast work for you ?? is your Dom over 3k ?? if not LB won't stun then and the debuff disappear rather quickly
  10. Delta795 New Player

3130 Dom, but doesn't last as long as ram does for a stun.
    Maybe its the juggle, or knockuo that adds the extra second of stun but it does last longer.

FYI Dom has Zero effect on debuf duration and I have met many HL trolls having the same issue with LB
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Huh....I was pulled into Throne and I did not have an issue with LB and my dom is not even 3K, close but not 3K.
  12. Malachyte Devoted Player

Interesting, I have had 0 issue with LB, yes I do use Impact and ram as well to stun. I find that LB works great on the group of adds the tank has where ram or impact will only hit a few depending on the angle you hit them at..
  13. Delta795 New Player

Huh? Minimum is 3k...I'll have to strip a few SP and see what happens at like 2990
  14. Delta795 New Player

This was also maybe first week or 2 new content was out. As a diehard GL fan it really sucked to switch yo be able to stun adds in there. Have another leaguer with same issues that switched around the same time for same reasons
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I use GH into LB, that that is why it worked...I believe a straight LB is not as effective from my experience as a GH into LB combo for stuns as a controller. That has been my experience in most content.
  16. Delta795 New Player

That makes zero sense. GH is a single target stun
    When using HL the first power from the tray (in this case GH) is the actual stun or debuf.
    What you are seeing is weapon CC from combo into LB which only lasts duration of channeled power.

You should be able to cast LB (clip out of it after 1st might tick) and stun should last duration.
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

Straight LB works fine for me
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Maybe it is range that is the determining factor here...I know I had to move up a bit to make my stuns work.
  19. just an honest dps New Player

talking trash? no i'm talking truth.

your response to claws or boxing gloves "And we'll the alternative is using claw or boxing glove which will get him killed instantly.
    That's wrong. has nothing to do with talking trash or chilling out. if you clip your attack or lunge the other way you will NOT die. take your own advice and chill out.
  20. MrB Dedicated Player

Lb locks adds in placE while ram can be used to push adds to the tank so they dont havE to use extra pulls to get adds. If you like to expose your tank more then go ahead and don't use ram. Also helps clear adds off Ares when he is down so dps get a clean burn.

Also entrap is great for thrones because once you entrap adds you can pick them up and throw them to the needed tank. WOrks great if an add gets close to essence, you can just pick it up and throw it to the tank.