Kicked By Players - Griefing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Mar 23, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Note that he does not say "There's also something to be said for kicking the random people grouped with you when you choose to queue up with random people." Does he? He says playing with those players. I take that to mean that they expect us to be patient with those we play with if we choose to random queue (within reason, of course). As long as players are doing their best and have positive attitudes, I am very open to having anyone in my group.
    • Like x 1
  2. Krypton Dedicated Player

Ahhh. I remember the ninja looting threads. lol Thank you for the memories.

They were almost like the kick being abuse threads.

I am just glad I don't have to put up with one person holding an instance hostage anymore.

Running Inner with no kick. Sudder. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Krypton Dedicated Player

Again OP wants to be right only. Can't seem to understand their are two sides to the stories of Kick. I am still trying to understand the point of this thread?

We have the new kick system, with the new rules. It is what it is.
    • Like x 2
  4. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Like Chuck stated, Mepps didn't say anything at all.
    You my friend are reading into his statement what you would have liked him to have meant.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We actually don't have that just yet. They just turned the old kick system back on in the meanwhile until they can actually implement the improved version, which is going to require some UI tweaks.
    • Like x 1
  6. damagedealr New Player

Bottom line a limited kicking option= more people being elitists, because i doubt any high levels will give pugs a chance in league runs or if they are running with friends and this is really what so many people who pug alot and are for the limited kick option or no kick, don't understand. The best leagues or friends i know don't even pug unless its a very last resort because theirs a sort of distrust between league/friends who know what their doing and a pug(stranger) who you've never ran with. So in my opinion with a limited kick option theirs also less chances of pugs to get into good groups to beat difficult content because no ones going to want to deal with the grievances of not being able to kick players who aren't doing their job or to adjust the group setup to make their instance more successful.
  7. Makineko Committed Player

I pugged FoS 2 times on my alt yesterday. Both times with a kick happy dps who was being outscored by most of the raid. My alt is geared up with 90% Troll gear but I have 2 items of dps gear and I spec crit atacks.

Run 1: The group starts struggling, the 113 Troll hadn't put up PoT 1 time and my Cr64 Troll was only 50k behind in PoT after 7 minutes. The kicks start, lowest dps first, then the tank, then the next lowest dps. Bearing in mind the one who's doing the kicking is near bottom of the pile. I keep on doing what I should do (pick ups, PoT, power drops) but the group struggles to beat Avatar of Meta, after the second wipe I find myself back in the Police station
    Run 2: 2 trolls goes down to 1 near the bridge (disco) so I ended up soloing it. Before the part where you have to split up the kicks start coming in and it's a round robin for a few minutes, there's 3 of us working together trying to make sure the group splits into 4 either side. 1 group starts struggling and kicks start flying again, except this time the one initiating the kicks gets kicked himself. Group settles down and we do the raid.

Tbh I was pugging, so I got what I asked for. It's the last time I pug that raid :p
    • Like x 2
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I only see one person in this thread showing bias. I have mentioned a number of times that I have no data either way and only my own experiences. Yet, you seem to be trying to paint me out to be close minded and stubborn... Hmmm?
    • Like x 2
  9. Krypton Dedicated Player

Actually go to the old forums if you want to see threads on pre kick. They should be archived somewhere on here.

A lot of people here now, were not on the old forums.

Speaking of that, and no offense to you Mepps, but I hope RadarX is doing well.

Who is showing bias?

All I see are people trying to say you can tell stories about the good and the bad uses of kick.

YOU only see it being abused "excessively" with your massive 3-4 times you were kicked.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've already explained where I've seen it, and it wasn't firsthand experience. I can link the post for you if you've already forgotten.
  11. Requake Dedicated Player

Hm, I also pay for my game. What a coincidence! Whenever I think someone is dragging the group down, it's our right to kick him. In raids theres 6 other people who agree or disagree.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't kick for no reason. (Especially since group loot became individual loot - Oan last boss *cough*) but I work 9-10 hours a day sometimes 6/7. When I get on, I prefer to get stuff done. If the group disagrees with my opinion, I'm quite happy to leave the instance on the same second. Especially with the 1 minute deserter now. The thing is I do my job and people know that. Perhaps that's why I never really have been kicked randomly, sometimes I just feel the need to act like a ***** especially when someone else thinks he should and him and his mates do kick me.
    Let me dps, I do enough damage. Let me heal, I won't let you die if it's healable and as long as I have power. Let me tank and whatever should be tanked will be done. Same with trolling in the past.
    Some people just need to step up their game. For example in Throne elite, I solo tank the adds like a lot of people do nowadays, if the burn is nowhere good enough, I'm quite happy to let them know. I'm doing something which is a lot easier to be split with 2 tanks but offer an extra dps spot. If the burn isn't worth it on Ares, I'd rather kick a dps and grab a 4th tank, that way I can chill a little as well. Even in league when some people want to play their alts, I do not mind but if it's not good enough it's not good enough. End off.
    • Like x 1
  12. nexthustle Well-Known Player

Just keep playing, no matter what. You'll get there soon