Devs do you have any idea regarding if you guys will eventually bring dcuo to xbox?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dage, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Dage New Player

This has been in my mind for a while ever since spytle made that post on his twitter account. I have been and still am excited that this could eventually be a thing. As a guy who is mostly an Xbox gamer and had originally purchased a ps3 for dcuo a month or two after the game came out this was big news.

I just want to know if you guys are planning a xbox version. I wouldn't mind starting over on the xbox because everyone will be new to the game and there would be new communities, economy etc. No one would have to worry about 200+sp'd people roaming around with high league recruitments basically stating that they wont help you. Also it can be a new source of income for the devs.

Edit: I was not sure where to put this thread.
  2. Master Play Committed Player

I would also convert over to xbox if it IS actually released. #Xbox4Life
    • Like x 1
  3. NaumNML New Player

I'm pretty sure it is. It's been mentioned a bit by devs and new Daybreak heads since the buyout happened. Crossplay is happening in April and I'd imagine Xbox may not be too far behind that.

For all my gripes with the games GM support since the buyout, this is a good, healthy move for the game and I'm impressed they got MS to support a multiplatform game, assuming all servers can play together
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

I highly doubt PS and XBox will be crossplay compatible. If PC and PS go crossplay, I'm going with the assumption that XBox servers will be completely separate. I have read that PC/XBox crossplay is coming this fall in other games, though, so who knows?
  5. Dage New Player

I wouldn't count on msoft to allow crossplay with ps which is lame imo but take a look ffxiv. Back in beta phase 3 yoshida mentioned that he tried to get it on xbox but msoft basically said that if it wasn't getting its own servers that were separated from ps and pc then it wasn't going to happen. Sigh I just wish sony and msoft would come together and make 1 console just to end the separation of console gamers.
    • Like x 1
  6. Flavian Committed Player

XBOX uses windows compatible servers, they have to ever since the XBOX GAMES LIVE integration. If it works on windows, it can work on xbox.
  7. amazingmanll New Player

HA one console
    • Like x 1
  8. NaumNML New Player

Exactly. And the biggest hurdle, that the owner of this IP was Sony itself is no longer the case, opens up the possibility this can happen. I think it'd be a big blow if getting MS on board with a true multiplatform mega server wasn't already hashed out
    • Like x 3
  9. Dage New Player

With one console made by both companies there could be no exclusive games,dlc, other stuff and more players to play multiplayer with. I'll stop there and may make a blog about it some where away from these forums.
  10. amazingmanll New Player

Fanboys will never allow it
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

I know that but the whole WindowsLIVE thing was scrapped some time ago. In Win10, they're going to bring XBox/PC crossplay back.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...xbox-one-cross-play-or-cross-buy-games-listed

Still trying to figure out what your point was, though. If it was to say that porting DCUO to the XBox would be easy, I agree with that. I wasn't talking about that, though, so why the quote?
  12. Flavian Committed Player

Yeah you don't understand. Windows Live was scrapped, because XBOX LIVE took over. Windows LIVE was a DRM server concept. XBOX live NOW controls ALL of your Windows Phone Games, the Windows Game Marketplace, and Windows Live Play servers.
  13. Dage New Player

I haven't heard too much about the xbox live windows servers but it sounds like a good thing. If msoft were to allow cross play with ps on this game if/when this game reaches xbox I think it would be one of the greatest decisions ever.
  14. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

I understand it just fine. XBL, WinLIVE, etc are all parts of the LIVE Anywhere program that allows a variety of devices and platforms to utilize the LIVE service.

This is still unrelated to the OP and the post you originally quoted.
  16. amazingmanll New Player

Xbox Fanboys will see dcuo as a failed game they squat all over it say we PS Fanboys need them to bail us out
  17. metalfenix Committed Player

If PC and PS platforms are brought together, and then the xbox population...DCUO would be the second game having xbox, sony and PC players playing with each other? (first was FF XI, if I remember correctly)
  18. Proxy Server New Player

I don't prophesize a lot of Xbox players supporting this game should it be ported over to the XOne. I own a PS4 and XOne, so seeing it across all platforms (with the exception of the Wii U) would be nice. I wonder if they would allow account transfers from the PS4 to XOne should a player decide to switch consoles.
  19. amazingmanll New Player

Which is a P2P game dcuo will cease to be F2P entirely
  20. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Not to be part of the Grammar Police but I'm not a native English speaker and want to be clear on your response.

Do you mean this?
    Xbox Fanboys will see DCUO as a failed game. They will squat all over it saying: "PS Fanboys need them to bail us out".

Or this?
    Xbox Fanboys will see DCUO. As a failed game they squat all over it. Say we PS Fanboys need them to bail us out.

Just asking.
    • Like x 3