So you got kicked out of a raid? GOOD

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GalaxySniper, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Ebon Angel New Player

Excellent post! It happened to me and I did exactly as you did.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Care to explain what happened to you?? And how did you learn anything from that kick if you weren't told WHY you were kicked???
    • Like x 2
  3. Revoemag Committed Player

Learn not to get kicked...great lesson..I learnt it the hard way too but it does help in the end..if you don't let it get you down.
  4. Revoemag Committed Player

Its all about self reflection afterwards..can you have such an ego about yourself that after multiple kicks you can still believe its 'their' fault and not your own?..
    Look at yourself, what are you doing to cause 'you' 1 person out of 8 that gets the boot.
    I've been kicked more times then I'd like to admit, I run puggroups constantly so the chances are higher than with a league.
    And I know that many times I wasn't the problem, the expectations the others had of me exceeded what I was willing to do, ie being a battery, but that was on me and being that I went against the majority's expectations then I got the boot..

Example yesterday running Law, after our 5 wipe on the last boss someone initiated the vote to kick the tank, and he got the boot. He was pissed..wrote how we are noobs in chat and other stuff..but we got a new tank and beat the boss 1st try..so that tank truly was the problem..now if he can self reflect he may discover his faults and learn from them..if he doesn't, he's likely to be kicked again in the future..

Sad but true..
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok...but he failed 5 times. He had to have seen that kick coming. What is there to reflect on when everything is actually going well, and then you see the loading screen followed by "you have left group" in your chatbox??? That's happened to me and others. The reasons some people come up with to justify kicks border on the asinine sometimes. And the thing is, we're not mind readers. Expectations are hard to meet when they're not expressed in some fashion...even worse when they're ridiculously high. Hard to reflect on something when you're given nothing but the kick itself to work with.
    • Like x 3
  6. Flavian Committed Player

And that's why I don't like the original post. You are entirely correct. You cannot reflect when you have nothing upon which to reflect, if indeed you are the one at fault.
    • Like x 3
  7. Revoemag Committed Player

So from your point of view you thought everything was fine, but obviously the others in the group saw it differently. Just cuz you thought you were doing good doesnt mean you were, the rest of the group didn't seem to think so..
    Self reflection might help you realize you aren't as good as you think you are, or maybe you will realize that people are just jerk to others they don't know and will simply point fingers at anyone so the finger doesn't get pointed at them.
    • Like x 1
  8. Flavian Committed Player

Or it might help you realize that other people in the group were:
    1. tricked into clicking yes (happens more often than you think)
    2. kicked because one guy didn't like you getting upset with you criticizing them for failing hard, and others thought they were kicking the bad player
    3. kicked because guild wanted last boss and quick easy prestige (GUESS WHAT, it DOES HAPPEN, frequent enough to show that it happens 1-2% of the time - that's 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 kicks, let that sink in).
    • Like x 3
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Conversely just cause you were kicked doesn't automatically mean you did something wrong. If i'm the second DPS, only behind the top DPS by 500k or less, and i've been picking people up and running objectives, and never said an offensive thing on mic or in the chat, what is there for me to reflect upon when I get kicked???

I'm not saying i'm perfect...or that i've never done something that got me kicked. But there had been too many times when i'd be looking at the loading screen after what seemed like a run that was going smooth. No wipes, no feats messed up, no foul language or loud eating/breathing on the mic, no Ninja looting. Just me either in first or second place on the scoreboard while still picking people up....then kick. Not disconnecting, not warping to HQ by mistake, just a straight boot. I realized quickly that there are many A*holes playing this game. What else can I learn from that??? That's my point. There's nothing to learn there. And realize, I'm very capable of knowing when i'm not playing at my utmost best, or when there's room for me to do something better. If that's made clear to me, I can go on and investigate that. But I get kicked for seemingly no reason, and i'm supposed to go on some quest to figure out what I "might" have done wrong???? Who the hell has time for Chinese riddles. If I did something, speak up, then kick if it's actually justified.

As we can clearly see from the "quality" of some players in the game, kicking on its own doesn't teach jack s***. This insistence that kicking is a teaching tool is a fools dream. Some people have been kicked enough times without explanation, that they've come here seeking answers from people that have no clue exactly why it happened to them. Sometimes after enough questions, a reason can be found ["oh...so using that power in that stance did such and such...I didn't know"]. But how about we tell people what they did to deserve the kick, so that they actually have a fighting chance to correct their mistakes??? Nah...better yet, kick them and expect them to figure it out on their own, then come running to the forums pointing out the noobs and their errors...because that works much better to teach people how to play well. And i'm not saying this is what you do, but that's basically the gist of what happens, and the OP is telling us we should be glad to be kicked so that we can learn something from nothing.
    • Like x 4
  10. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Your wrong cause I learned from it. Sooooo. Yes there is. If you can't learn from being kick then i guess ur one of those ppl ehh?
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No...incorrect. I'm a normal human being. Unless I made an obvious mistake, there's nothing to learn from a kick without explanation. See, you might have made some obvious mistakes...so you realized there was something to learn. But I don't think you've ever been in a run where you weren't at fault for anything and still got kicked. I have, with no explanation. You can't learn something from nothing. You insisting that you can doesn't make it any more true.

At this point, there is nothing to be gained by you and I going back and forth. You clearly can't see that every situation is not an equal "learning" opportunity. You go right ahead and enjoy getting kicked for no good discernible reason. I will just continue to play and put the idiots who are kick happy on ignore. Good day sir.
    • Like x 4
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Here's the thing. A person may have to be kicked more than others to learn. Now a person may or may not get it the 1st time he or she been kicked but eventually a person will get it.
    Now when a person get kicked majority of the time he will be told what he is doing wrong or what he need to do in order to help out the team and if he unable to preform he will be kicked.
    There are times when you just get kicked with no explanation but when you play this game enough times eventually you will run in to a person that will explain to you why you're hindering the raid or instance in a rude or nice way( most likely rude way).

Now I did state learned from being kicked when I was yelled at right? And it seem to if you say you wont change a da*m thing cause u do dmg, and pick ups and stay away from one shot then there is more u can learn from the raid I guess you continue to fail at.

I know this is a youtube generation where ppl need videos since they cant learn on there own. But it is normal to fail over and over and over and over to get it.

If you have a personal vendetta cause you keep getting kicked then I suggest you keep playing the game and find some one that is patient enough to help u with your gaming issues and dont be stubborn but open mindid on what a person has to say.

I dont know you but just by ur response. You seem argumentative and you insulted your group leader and you said there nothing for you to change. Change those three thing and i bet you will succeed :)
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Do us both a favor...re-read what I wrote...because you got it all wrong. Please read it carefully before you reply. Also realize, I may be argumentative on the forums, but I don't do that in the game. And the only thing i've failed in the game is to understand why I got kicked when I was doing what needed to be done, and no explanation for the kick. You have been stating that even without an explanation you can figure out why the kick happened. Well, I told you what happened to me last year, and yet you couldn't figure out why I got kicked. That's because there's no damn good reason for it to have happened. Plain and simple. But go ahead and read what I wrote, and show me where I said that I insulted the group leader. Go ahead...i'll wait.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ebon Angel New Player

Sure. This was my first MMO. I played in healer stance at level 10 and soloed all my missions. Leveling alerts were more dps driven, so I just kept using my weapon. I didn't know what role gear was or anything else. I just knew stuff died and we finished. The first thing I did at level 30 was jump right into raid. My group kept dying, they asked for heals, and I kept pew pewing away. This was more than 4 years ago, so no one could explain what to do, just that as healer, I was responsible for heals. I failed that so they kicked me. I was mad (they were wrong!) and kept going into raids unprepared. finally, I had my "man in the mirror" moment and took responsibility for learning what I needed to do. Now I have no problem.
    I responded because in most cases (and I am not speaking of the unfair kicks for loot, or friends, or because ppl are jerks) there is too much carrying and enabling going on and the community doesn't take well to criticism, no matter how well intended or constructive. So sometimes, kicking is tough love.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank you for the candid response. One thing I can see from your situation though, is that it was easy enough to pick up on why you might have been kicked.
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I copied and paste what you said
    KHALONofOGUN

Um....it's been months...and the only thing i've learned is that the group leader for that particular raid is a grade A certified idiot.

Now will you look at that. I was open minded enough to re read and copy and paste what you said :). I hope the wait wasn't to long. Can you do me a favor and be more open minded on what I'm saying. Clearly I've stated somethings on how a person can get better without doing raids. I hope you read that.
    Anything else you want to say Mr. Big bad wolf :)
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I never insulted the group leader in the game during the session, and since I never mentioned his name in my post, I technically never insulted him here either.
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Soooooo getting kicked because you're not in the right league is a good thing? Um, if you say so.
    • Like x 1
  19. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Ur very witty. But u still insulted ur group leader even tho U did not mention his name. But u do refer to your group leader as idiot. It may not be a direct insult but it still a insult.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if you been playing this game over a year and if you being kicked is still an issue 4 you. Just analyze your gameplay or simply ask for help. It's your words vs all the other ppl who kicked you. So it maybe time to rethink your gameplay overall or just stick with the player your comfortable with.

To be honest I have more than one way of playing troll and it can be in the same raid or instance I will probably find 3 different ways to help out and beat that raid and adjust to each situation. We all know stats can be very misleading. You can be top Dps, but the top Dps can be the main cause of why every one wipe. I'm not saying you are that type of Dps. i'm just giving example that ppl can do good at one thing and do bad at another with out even knowing it when it come to a raid.
    Just try your very best on what you can do to better yourself cause it's up 2 each individual to get better. No such thing as a perfect player. Dont care how good your stats are.
    And happy DCUO to you sir :)
  20. lokithoz Committed Player

the Devs should give us the option to know who kicked us from the raid or group, i have an ignore list to fill:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2