Support roles neglected

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Villainsallday, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Villainsallday New Player

In the current stae that dcuo is in, the current subscriptions and active players have deminished a little. That being said there aren't enough support roles going around now. Finding tanks take forever and everyone wants to dps. Because of that dps are favored and this game has become dps biased. The only way to fix this is to make support roles viable in both pve and Pvp. Give ams to support roles to help them in pve, and in Pvp, take away the nerfs. The nerf on support roles in Pvp are so overwhelming, either take them away or bring back role advantages. Lastly, healers have a huge problem in Pvp atm. Healers need a breakout/immunity move like tanks and trolls have. It's unfair in Pvp and with the gear being so high on stats, dps can stun way too much in Pvp, and without the breakouts, it's frustrating. Also please enable the Pvp breakout trinkets in open world and duels, it doesn't make sense to get the, and us not be able to use them in duels, fix these issues and support roles will resurrect in pve and Pvp. This solution will make the game more enjoyable, thanks.
  2. Gargamond Dedicated Player

This may be a good idea for a new healing powerset. A healer with a cleanse would be very useful.
  3. Biester New Player

Support roles are actually making a comeback with the way the raid mechanics are in AF2. I've found that controllers and healers are easy to find but players seem to be avoiding the tank role still.

In pvp, all roles are somewhat useful except the tank role.

I don't think we need a support role revamp, only a tank role revamp.

We are the few, the proud, the end-game tanks.
  4. That_Guy New Player

They're avoiding it because who the hell wants all the responsibility especially with how this community is

A new tank in this game would have to have balls of steel to rise through the ranks, no help in game and everyone expecting absolute perfection
    • Like x 5
  5. Makineko Committed Player

This, especially when you've got either A) a bad troll or B) dps who charge ahead of you then wonder they got killed by the adds
    • Like x 1
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is your duty as troll/healer/tank to tell them not to run ahead of tanks.

I know when Im tanking I tell DPS who run ahead regardless CR not to run ahead, if they do I will aggro mobs like 5 + mobs and bring it back to that guy who kept running ahead nd fly up to top of a building once he had started hitting them lol

I can be a real *** as support roles :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. Makineko Committed Player

It sounds harsh but tbh if someone's gonna rush in and be daft like that they need to be taught a lesson, plus It'd be amusing to see them squirm when they're dropped in it :p
  8. JReel New Player

Support roles are required more than ever now for AF2 content success. Tanking is still a chess game. Players expect you to be the second coming of God. They want you to draw aggro, pull every single add, be able to keep every add from free roaming, do some damage, tank the adds in the corner and if you die, then you are considered a noob or weak. I am a troll and trolling is becoming easier by the month with more powers getting a power back AM revamp. Healing is too easy. Tanking is still the hardest thing to do. Or, the most stressful.
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's a rough life as a support role in this game .
    1.if your the healer 9 times out of 10 you have to solo and there's always that one dps who doesn't believe in blocking or thinks he can get up on the boss because your a healer then yells at you because he died.

2. If your the troller you have to deal with dps yelling for power even with WM/AM then running all over the map to pick people up that refuse to block or even move because there in their damage rotation and "They beast " so you have run and pick people up sometimes right beside a dps who won't pick someone up because "they to beast for that " .

3. Then there's the tank it's the most thankless role in the game no matter how bad the group is if you fail they almost always blame the tank you have to deal with dps running in front of you getting hit by a one shot and yelling at the tank for not pulling the add or you get people who don't seem to understand that some adds and bosses are designed to move away from the tank and blaming the tank for that.

I really wish the devs would do something to help the support side but it seems they don't care and more then likely it will one day get to the point were the population drops that they take out support roles all together .
  10. The Mavrick New Player

there is already a thread by Circe about this called Please give attention to support roles. We're tired of being second seat to DPS
    You should post your reply there. With enough pages maybe devs will pay attention
  11. Villainsallday New Player

Yea hopefully the give the support roles some love. And in Pvp, it's extremely dps biased. Bring back role advantages at least.
  12. HersheyKiss New Player

Every single player in my league atm plays both roles. In fact most of us play support 1rst and dps 2nd. Alot of the decent leagues dont have issues with support roles. So id say find a decent active league. I know your post isnt just about finding people who play support, but i think if u were in a league where everyone does both roles u wouldnt say there is neglect. And i cant stand running with dps only people. With loot being unattuned these days in end game im just not sure how anyone in t6 only plays 1 role.
  13. RaNdOmHeRo New Player

Reading that it takes forever for a tank and being an end game tank makes me feel so special <3
  14. HazeTA New Player

If you need a breakout trinket outside of arenas get a PVE one, 25 MoT in the T1 vendors...
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Controllers, Tanks and Healers should not get Advanced Mechanics because they will simply destroy the possibility of ever restoring balance to the content.

6-1-1-0 would probably become the norm, especially to those who don't see the justification behind controllers debuffing NPCs.

If DCUO wants the community to adopt more support roles, then they need to encourage players to take up support roles by creating content that actually requires them. I mean legitimately requires them, too. Not "oh well we balance everything using 2-2-2-2" either. I'm talking full on, bad *** bosses that rip tanks apart.

Perhaps stop boosting stats so high for Healers/Controllers/Tanks, too. So that even at max CR and SP, a healer's restoration won't be high enough to single handedly solo-heal a raid.

At the minute, there's way too much pressure on Tanks, Healers and now Controllers. Some people just don't know how to play and can't get any practice in either. So they stick with DPSing, especially because DPSing has this silly "I am the best DPS" community game going on, comparing damage out stats.
  16. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I have tried every role now. But I have fallen back into the role of my first character, gadgets / controller. But even that gets exhausting. From players exhausting their power bar, the taser line and sticky bomb I know restore power over time. But even that cannot keep up with the group's power consumption even when combined with defib. I switched over to "word of power" and that seems to help out more.

At least when there are enemies for me to attack to build my charge up to use that ability. But usually there is some mega-maxed out character(s) that obliterates everything then other players get all barky mcsnarky about power recharge. Since then I have started going through battles in the open world to make sure I've got a full charge before entering a multi-player mission, raid, etc.

Another problem is when other players wander off to go walkabout. I've been guilty of that too, when I am new to the level I do tend to want to explore a bit. I try to keep an eye on each players levels throughout the game. But when I don't know where they are, really complicates things. I remember watching this one group and they all stayed in formation as they fought. So seamlessly, no one straying. I was like whoa, that's cool.
  17. RaNdOmHeRo New Player

If they want more support roles, need to make them more appealing. Not too many people want to just sit back and heal or debuff, and certainly very few people like being a punching bag for the boss. Oh, and the powers need some balancing imo. I want fire to be popular like rage or ice tanking <//3
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I only do this is they keep on after I have asked twice to not run ahead as the tank, b/c personally I dont like to kick ppl but some times people just need to be taught a harsh lesson.
    • Like x 1
  19. Warrant New Player

Wait, I'm confused. Aren't you the same guy who made a thread about ganking at FC? Bragging about how you have 30-40 people online a night. So out of all those people online in your league you can't find a tank?
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The problem with support roles is that they are the first to blame, even if it could be the DPS. And hard part for tanks is the blame goes there first, even if the tank is doing there job.

It is why leagues are needed for end game. Helping each other out and gearing up together is what is needed. It is why I have so many toons, to help out my league mates. Just ask and if I'm free I will help.