Sorcery mechanic

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BlackBoIt, Mar 12, 2015.

1. BlackBoIt New Player

Just need someone to clarify a question I have. I just wanted to know if sorcery will get a power back mechanic like other powers? I love the power on both the healing and dps side, but can't help to wonder how it would be with a power back mechanic that revolves around keeping the target affected by bad karma.
  2. Delta795 New Player

They have never said it would.
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

And please don't use ruin the wm loadout in the process. We should have the option to choose which style we want to play. I want to have a viable wm and am loadout.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

personally atm sorcery is pretty beast with the use of WM so theres no need for a power back mechanic, sure it would help in solo content and duo's even. But no where near important for group play.

here's my 2 cents.

I went quantum (sure im no pro at quantum) but I ran Necro, which I have done the same as sorcery as well but at CR111 sorcery DPS.

My point? I only pulled 9.9mil as CR112 quantum DPS with 17 more SP then I had at CR111 and being Sorcery without the use of fury BTW. As Sorcery I pulled 11.6mil, and I had 2 friends in there running with me as well, 1 was rage DPS 140sp which is 2sp less then what I was at the time, and then a ice DPS who was 162 or 167sp. Who both were beat by 6.5mil or more by me which they both were CR111 as well.

point is the state sorcery is in atm, is damn good IMO.
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Because a solo troll which I hate in raids but seems to be the only way to get into throne groups when you don't feel like building one doesn't stand a chance at keeping a sorc dps powered even if the other 3 are hl quantum and celestial.

Sorcery can beat any power when payed right but requires 2 trolls.

• Like x 1
  6. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I agree with you on this I have dealt with a lot of solo trolls in raids and I don't really like it that much as a sorcery dps I still pull out as top dps but find myself popping colas from time to time. I would be real nice to have that power back mechanic as an option to use. Either way sorcery is still an awesome power but having that option would be a plus.
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Before Larry Liberty was laid off he confirmed they will see power back very soon. So will Earth
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

really?
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah but it's subject to change
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I hope sorc doesnt get a crappy power back AM, yea its better then fury any day but WM is where it is for sorcery IMO

I did more dmg at CR111 as sorc then I am now with quant at 112
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You're doing it wrong with quantum ;)

Sorc is still a threat to powers with WM.
    the AM could use major buffs and more versatility.
    Fury is more like Furry. And Crystal is like glass.

Power back is probably going to have Soul Barrage, Shard of Life, Soul Well, Vengeance, etc.
    prolly with Red Soul Aura up.
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

idk man every quantum I ran into I see I ask and they only see 30k crits as well, which is all I see too. So I mean Im doing something right. I get same crits as a 114 quantum gets.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Really?
    My friends have seen 100k and up.
    but then again, their max sp.

As a 110 cel dps I see 27k on PcDL and 60k on defile
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

right im only at 159.7sp :p

with almost 7200 might, I see 40-50k crits just not often enough to brag about them like ppl who are seeing the 100k crits
  15. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I remember on my gadgets toon i hit 54k with emp
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Gets the deal with those 100k crits. Damage isn't applied our split as it happens but is delayed till the bomb goes off. If 4 adds each take 25k damage while it's delayed but die before the bomb goes off there was still 100k damage dealt but nobody to split it on so the survivor takes the full force.

While at the same time if all 4 die no damage is dealt. It works both ways. This id's why I can struggle to keep up it beat quantum in the new stuff but destroy them in older stuff.
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea is what Im saying gadgets EMP is doing what I am as quantum, everyone tells me Im doing it wrong but offers no better way lol

so is why Im saying F*** it and just going back to the power I know I can wreck with.
    • Like x 1