Work In Progress Vote Kicking Disabled Temporarily

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HersheyKiss New Player

See i dont think anyone doubts that people do abuse the kick system but when the people who claim it happens all the time never povide any proof of it and also only tell their side of the story of why they got kicked then some may not believe them. I gave an example earlier of a guy i wouldve kicked 2day. Now i have 2 players that can back me up on what happened and why they felt he should of been kicked. In the past when ive seen players say they are being abused via kick and people ask them for any kind of proof, any other player that can back them up, even anything at all to show it is happening to them they arent able to provide any of that.

Plus alot of the people i see claiming they are kicked "for no reason" and the majority of them are not the most skilled players. But they wont admit that and then blame everything else they can. Ive even seen people ask most of these people are u sure it wasnt u? And ofc right away they respond and claim they are an elite player. Well news flash, elite players dont get kicked often. Im by no means an elite player, im probaly above average on my best day and ive only been kicked 1 time in 2 years. I find it very very hard to believe that players are being kicked so often that its abusive and it has nothing to do with their performance.
    • Like x 1
  2. SavingPrincess Well-Known Player

Was this move done to discourage PUG play and encourage league play? That's the only way this makes sense in my head as a thing that was done.
    • Like x 1
  3. Solar Well-Known Player

I will now be kidnapping people puppies and kittens in order to get them to leave an instance. Your cooperation is appreciated. :)
  4. HersheyKiss New Player

Role in general. Like if it was a trolls 1rst time in HoH he might not know he needs heal debuff for the end bcuz that debuff is used so little else where in the game that many trolls dont have it specced or on their bar. It can be done w/out it too. That imo is fine. But not knowing to throw p0t or recharge are the 1s im talking about, or healers that dont heal, tanks that lose aggro constantly.
    • Like x 1
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Why can't this be just a feature we can turn on and off like suicide squad.

When u are forming a group the whole group can decide whether or not this group will have the kick feature or not, and then either leave or stay if that's what they want.

Same thing when queing into instances. Have the option to que into non kick or kick type groups. That way the non kick type people can play together and the people for the kick can do their thing.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Please calm down, and re-read what I said. I did NOT say it doesn't happen. I specifically also flat out admitted that my experience was anecdotal. What I was saying was that some of the people who think they are victims of malicious kicks may have been kicked for legitimate reasons that they simply did not understand.

Before calling others out for supposed ignorance, please do them the courtesy of reading and understanding what they said. You've basically proved my point here. People get kicked because they do not listen to what they are being told, and instead create their own rationalized reasons for why the kick occurred.

There are specific needs for some kind of kick system, most of which have already been discussed. While it might need to be tweaked, it certainly can't disappear altogether as a permanent solution.
    • Like x 2
  7. CheneysCurse Well-Known Player

second alert....no one wants to troll or heal fine ...............they keep dying ........after 10 minutes i had enough.
    I Q for all the T6 alerts never had this kind of problems.
    • Like x 2
  8. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I was going to log on to run the raids today but I don't think we'll have enough without picking up a few pugs and I really don't feel like dealing with pug drama today especially without being able to kick them.
    • Like x 3
  9. Agent Flores Committed Player

This Sir is the best Idea and a great way to get data on how to improve the kicking system. I do hope you get some great feedback from this and do what you guys have to do. I fully support this idea. You either play with the group or get a deserter penalty for leaving. I will start pugging to help with this as soon as I can. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Please see the edit in my original post about the fact that you CAN kick disconnected people right now. Once they DC, just use the menu or /kick command to begin a vote.

That issue should no longer be a concern to you during this test. Please help us and everyone stressing about that point by spreading the word. Thanks.
    • Like x 13
  11. BIGBOYSEAN132 New Player

What about all these people queing into legends pve and just sitting there so i cant get my healing buff and its almost impossible to beat it
    • Like x 2
  12. Kyzax New Player

Was PUG'n HoH on EUPS and whole group was held hostage at last boss by a self assuming elitist. He called everyone noobs due to a couple people not doing the right thing. We coached them on their mistakes but the healer refused to do anything or leave. After about ten minutes we decided to disband because he had no way to remove him from the instance to replace him or continue without him. Very frustrating! :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Prosser Dedicated Player

Just wanna throw in that I ran 4 raids so far today (pug groups Lab x2, and HoH x2) didn't have a single issue with people holding raids hostage, or needing to kick anyone.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel we should have the option for when it is needed, but I felt it important to share that not all raids are having issues with this.
    • Like x 5
  14. Falco Committed Player

In the 4 years I've played this game (with most of it pugging), I have NEVER seen anyone kicked from group so that a friend or leaguemate could be added to an instance. I have seen people kicked for:
    1). being verbally/ racially offensive
    2). not being in chat/ not paying attention to what the entire group is doing
    3) continuously prematurely starting boss fights
    4). failing to perform their role
    5). refusing to listen to/ arguing with people trying to give legitimate helpful advice
    6). walking away from the game for extended periods of time
    and honestly I could keep adding to this list all day and night.

I do believe some of the threads that people are kicked so others can invite their friends, because they are "low cr", because they are a certain power, etc. I also think that there are a lot of bad players that refuse to believe that they are bad players making threads about how they were kicked in the forums.
    • Like x 4
  15. Canadian_Bacon New Player

Who comes up with this stuff?The best part about this load of crap, is that as someone was telling me about this we waited for a healer (who had disconnected) to come back to the raid. He reminded me that once this option is taken away, raids will need to sit and wait for 'rage quitters' to be dropped by the game, before you can kick someone.

I was kicked from Nexus back in the day, because a league run wanted to bring in someone from their own league who was loot locked from all but last boss - it sucked and i blocked the whole group, but i would rather have the option to kick and move on, than cry about getting kicked from a raid.

Pugging is hard enough, as soon as the this function is gone, i know my league is going to only run with people we know or know through others... if the Devs wanted to be inclusive of new players.... you have totally failed.
    • Like x 2
  16. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

This is awesome. Thanks for shutting off the ability for bullies to grief other players with abuse of the kick button.

And I'm really laughing at all of the claims that kicking was never abused and that everyone that was ever kicked deserved it.

One of the classic traits of bullies is that they have no empathy for their victims whatsovever. Much of the hate that has been spewed about this subject is a textbook example.

People can try to deny that kicking abuse does not exist all that they want. The reason why kicking has been shut off isn't because of 'anecdotal' evidence, the devs should have plenty of information available to them about patterns in how kicking has been used and abused in this game.

Most online games that I play don't have a kicking feature at all, and they work and prosper just fine.

If people want to be picky about their team-mates, then they should form a pre-made. Otherwise if someone uses the queue, they should be prepared to meet someone new and try to learn to play nice with them. I am looking forward to many hours of happy playing without any of the kick-griefers deriving their enjoyment by abusing other players.

I hope that the kicking stays switched off forever.
    • Like x 1
  17. BIGBOYSEAN132 New Player

All MMOs have a kick button and i hope you get bullied when they turn it back on because your just ignorant theres more grief from the bad players that are saying "reset me or im not moving" or the ones that just sit there and do nothing and get free loot.
    • Like x 1
  18. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

So here is 1st report, just jumped into LPVE, sure enough...1 guy standing on bridge area doing nothing. Teammate mentioned as we were fighting 1st boss, 1 person not participating, look at scorecard...sure enough no damage out or in, decided to just leave.

Please lets make this a Very Short temporary removal of kick option.
    • Like x 1
  19. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

The very fact that you literally said "i hope you get bullied" pretty much makes my case for me.

Thank you. I personally hope that you have a nice day, and I hope that you get some help for your issues.

I just now queued for a raid for the first time in ages. It was so nice, so fun.

The group composition wasn't ideal -- no one was kicked.

Some of the powersets and loadouts were not FoTM -- no one was kicked.

Even though part of the group was from the same league -- at the final boss no one was kicked.

I had the second highest damage out, there were no wipes, it really wasn't a hassle. Everyone was friendly and we had fun and we beat it quickly and NO ONE WAS KICKED! How awesome. And no, contrary to the horror stories, everyone played, everyone contributed, no one was kicked.

Thank you devs! Thank you for giving the game back to friendly players again! It was so fun to just play the game without the kick-kabuki drama. Please consider keeping DCUO kick-free and friendly. :)
  20. Crackin New Player

Good times in A51 legends .

Player A decides to hang out outside the fences while 3 of us try to do the multiple tasks inside. Before the boss fight another player let's call him B asks him to join us at which time time A says nothing . Player B got pissed and hard DC creating link dead. Leaving us 2 players short. So I soft logged out , and do not plan to waist my time on this game being involved in poor decisions caused by the QQ crowd. Thanks but no thanks
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.