Ice Tank tanks adds during Ares Elite

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SirMuttonChops, Mar 9, 2015.

1. SirMuttonChops New Player

There's a lot of talk about how to tank Ares during the Elite raid. Most of it boils down to:

1) 3 Tanks, with 1 Rage tank for the adds
    2) 4 Tanks if you have no Rage tank

So here's a video of Loot (feat. VeniVidiVici) doing the Ares fight with 3 tanks, using an Ice tank (cosmic war) for all of the adds. It took just over 5 minutes. It took us 4 phases to kill him, but if Felsa had debuff'd Ares (instead of dying LOL) it would've taken us 3 phases. That little snafu around 5:10 is Felsa's fault as well, as you can watch him drink his soder accidentally instead of reviving Breaker (Electric healer).

• Like x 12
  2. SirMuttonChops New Player

I'd like to take full credit for killing Ares, btw. As you can see from my fellow DPS dying near the end, they were being carried.

I love you Tally and Ego. <3
  3. RJTally31 Active Player

Shut up Mutton you just happened to be the last to die.
    • Like x 1
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

I've been told to post in this thread. Check: ✔

Carry me now! >_>
  5. SirMuttonChops New Player

Sure, we'll carry your DPS.
  6. HersheyKiss New Player

I think its total bs that u either need a rage tank or half your group needs to be tanks. Im all for promoting more support roles but 4 tanks? Cmon. And if u wanna have 3 one has to be rage? Content should be able to be beaten by all powers, not 1 or 2 as tanks. Completely ridiculous and i have no idea what goes thru the devs minds when they do stuff like this.
    • Like x 2
  7. SirMuttonChops New Player

The video proves that the mentality is wrong. We are using 3 tanks (not 4), and our main is an Ice, not rage. So we're giving proof that you don't need Rage tanks for the 3-tank method. And you don't need a 4-tank method if you don't have a Rage tank.
    • Like x 3
  8. matt4950 Well-Known Player

Not true...been in groups with a fire and ice tanking the adds...i even tanked the adds with my earth tank
    • Like x 1
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Pet or Aftershock? Just out of curiosity =)
  10. HersheyKiss New Player

Well ill admit i didnt watch the video :p but i havent even been running elite cuz idc tbh. But tried it a few days ago and had 3 ice tanks and the 1 on adds couldnt survive. Tried about 10 attempts too. That tank was 114 also. So idk maybe he was doing something wrong or it was the healer, im not sure. Ive just seen alot of people say u NEED 1 rage tank which like i said i thought is ridiculous. But ima hceck your vid out now.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Very nice. But your video proves that quantum is still the ideal troll & dps for the content, as well as solo troll for the content.

But very cool seeing a Ice tank do the impossible.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Haven't checked the video, but on normal Throne we did it with an ice tank tanking adds multiple times. I've also done it with an earth tank, never with a fire though. I have had a fire taking the boss in the elite raid though and he did fine.
  13. SirMuttonChops New Player

That is why I asked my leaguemates to record this. It's a bit upsetting that so many self-proclaimed "elite" players say that only 1 power is good enough for content, when it clearly isn't. I'm sure there are Fire and Earth tanks that can successfully tank the adds as well.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

the troll was mental, he was using quantum consumables...
    • Like x 1
  15. SirMuttonChops New Player

Felsa is trolling as Mental.

We have done this when I was Hard Light, and the other 2 DPS were Nature and Gadgets, respectively. The only difference with any other DPS power sets is that it'd take 1 or maybe 2 more phases.
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

i am fire and i can tank the elite adds ,i just cant get them all to my spot of tanking:p moving is deadly though...
  17. SirMuttonChops New Player

Our healer was ALSO using Chronometric Emitters. It's a great way to keep yourself alive and help your tank control adds if you can risk getting close enough to stun some at the perimeter. It's a risk, but with the proper team, the run goes very smoothly.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Should have just made it 8 powerful adds instead of 16 that get stronger as ares health goes down.

It's more of a 'hey can you get 3-4 tanks that can dps with a solo heal and troll then actually like I dunno difficult.

I almost wish they'd have created unique enemy types for elite or something.

But by the way I think we all knew that yeah it IS possible to run 3 tanks without one being rage, it's simpler for rage but harder for others.
    good job though
  19. damagedealr New Player

A little trick people may not know about is pulling the adds onto wonder woman or circe so they agro her this allows her to help you tank and soak alot of your damage in. But theirs alot to take into consideration in elite such as different special adds, normal adds that spam block breaks and the taller adds that seem to hit harder.
  20. Ekaterina Committed Player

it made it so that tanks are pay to play with lol...