Power colors

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxProdigy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. xxProdigy Active Player

Have you developers ever thought about power colors? It would be real innovative to have some variety in the powers. Nothing big, just a change in the color of the powers.

It would be real neat to have purple fire, or blue fire. It'll seem weird for certain powers, which is I understand some people will say it won't work, and some people will think it'll be weird to change the light powers to blue, or orange, when it's supposed to be kept in it's own style. I feel some powers should have the ability to change it's color. For example, Fire, Gadgets, Mental, Sorcery, Quantum, and Electricity should have the ability to change the color power.

It could work, it probably won't work. But I strongly feel that the developers should put this feature in the game. Hopefully some people agree with me on this. If not, oh well.
  2. SapphireTala New Player

I agree, personally I would love if we could change the color of sorcery to pink like Circe's, and have it not look like fireworks lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

The idea has been mentioned before by players. Currently, no announced plans to do it. It'd be a nice aesthetic addition to the game but I'd rather see game breaking mechanics be fixed first, then possibly in the future if more space is available to do it sure.
    • Like x 1
  4. GrumpyCheese New Player

My Fire Tank does have blue flames ;)
  5. Hemmy Committed Player

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!
    My quantum character would look badass with black quantum powers!
    • Like x 1
  6. xxProdigy Active Player

I personally think it wouldn't be a big project to do. I haven't had too much experiences with making a game, but I had my fair share. So I think they can do it. They say they listen to us, why not now?
  7. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I recall this being mentioned several times.
    The responses were either
    "I would love this!"
    While others mentioned
    "It can't be done."
    I'm trying to sift through my memory so take this with a grain of salt but I think the reason why this isn't in the game yet is due to the PS3 and its lack of capability to handle this. Which is usually the excuse you always hear but not for the lack of being true. It's believeable.

Me myself and I would love this idea and would enjoy editing the colors of my powers and honestly who wouldn't? Unless you are those people who have this seriousness about them that is more concerned with the bugs in the game and DLCs. I do understand their concerns though but it seems to bugs just get fixed as they go. Which usually seems to be the case.

The fact there isn't a PS test server doesn't help matters when these updates hit live because there is always something that slips through. It sucks that a PS test server seems like a impossibility and merely a pipe dream :(
    • Like x 3
  8. xxProdigy Active Player

Come on man, this is a freaking game company. Indie developers achieved Full body awareness in first person games, even though it has nothing to do with DCUO I'm just trying to make a point. First person games like Call of Duty doesn't even have that. Basically what I am try to say is that, it is not impossible, just very difficult. I
  9. space outlaw Well-Known Player

I do know that hard light shield in iconic tree can change color from one of the three color chosen for your character.
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think it's a great idea. Sorcery and mental colors are ugly :( but seeing quantum black or mental white would be awesome
    • Like x 1