What happened to the mmo/rpg elements?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saiyan King, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Saiyan King New Player

Just think about it, absolute balance is boring. The only way to make every power equal would be just make them all reskins of each other.

But that would kill the diversity in the game. Every power should have a close to balance potential. But IMO every power/weapon should have noticeable pros and cons. This would break absolute balance but would still make the game even.

For example: in DBZ xenoverse saiyan a have lower health but higher attack. Name loans have higher health but lower attack.
    They are "balanced" IMO but add a huge set of diversity.

And I would love if dcuo went back to its rpg roots that had diversity. Faster attack equals less dmg while a longer attack means more damage ect.

But I'm not sure if this is asking for too much since they gave every animation the 1.2 time.

Point of thread: what happened to the rpg elements? There should be pros and cons not just "absolute balance"

Ps: why do people complain about a op power in PVe??its the dumbest thing lol
    • Like x 3
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Yes! Don't fight the FoTM, embrace it!
  3. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

Few things i do think that most powersets offer diversity. Think about how different Gadgets is from Nature and how different Nature is from HL. 3 completely different powersets all with pro and cons that you say you are looking for. We will never have absolute balance like you said because how the powers are different does not lend them to be balanced in every instances. People complain about balance in PVE mostly because of the gap in power potential not the one thats doing the most damage. Meaning not the gap between the 1st strongest and the 2nd strongest. But the gap between the 1st strongest and the weakest powerset. Which is far to large atm but i do think the dev team is working hard to correct that with the updates we just need to give them a little time.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Legends PvP has proven this statement thoroughly incorrect. There's some imbalances but it's the most balanced thing in the entire game mode right now and there's a lot of diversity between characters.

You mean change the combat system to do what a lot of other MMOs do? No thank you.

Gee, maybe because in many cases it promotes the stacking of a particular DPS power leaving not only other roles high and dry but also other power sets because people simply want to blow through things as quickly as possible.

This is why preGU36 you'd see so many people stacking HL DPS and we'd end up with 5 DPS, one healer, one controller and one tank. Hell, depending on the instance due to being over geared sometimes they'd forget the tank and just take another DPS.
    • Like x 3
  5. Dynagirl Committed Player

No one really wants "Balance". It is just the battle cry people use whenever their numbers are smaller than other peoples' numbers on the scorecard. What they really want is to be on top. I'm sure even if the devs did come out and prove with statistics and data that all powers have the same potential. People will still complain because someone somewhere has to come in last.
    • Like x 4
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they just needa scrap everything they did imo its causing more fuss then what jump cancelling ever did...
    • Like x 3
  7. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Balance means same potential, not identical.

You're starting a discussion without understanding what balance means.

Balance is more like, hey an earth tank can get into throne and not be shunned
    People don't just want Hl, gadgets or Quantum because they know with an understanding of powersets other powers can reach a reasonably similar amount of damage.
    • Like x 3
  8. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Legends supports that statement. Many of the legends characters are just reskins (no I don't mean all the batmans) of others and the diversity is far far far less than you get with custom characters.

shunning is based on player perceptions, not balance. Some know it all (who doesn't) says something in a youtube video and everyone takes it as gospel, even when people prove them to be wrong.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Balance :

: the state of having your weight spread equally so that you do not fall
    : the ability to move or to remain in a position without losing control or falling
    : a state in which different things occur in equal or proper amounts or have an equal or proper amount of importance

currently there is no balance in the game, as ppl want nature, electric, quantum or HL users for raids and alerts, and rage for their tanks, and nature as their healers.

go to the last line of the definition that alone says a mouth full. Sure the powers shouldn't be 100% equal, but they should be equal enough to where no power holds a spot over the others in content EVER.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

People complain about a op power in PVE because 85% of the population prefers PVE over PVP. Also most often major changes to a power PVE wise reflects over in PVP.

Answers are posted in red. What dcuo is missing really is MMO elements. I find with each update they are moving away from the crafting system which is bad for MMO
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Aside from missing my point completely of it being possible, both powers and legends characters are designed to work around only having access to 6 powers at a time for one (of sometimes several) possible loadouts.

On top of which many legends characters aren't mere clones of each other. Some are, but many aren't and that can be seen through their different traits and play styles.
  12. Saiyan King New Player

This game isnt a mmo anymore. "Massive multiplayer Online" tbh this game has 493 people total on all servers with 114 cr. That's pretty sad. Imo dcuo is a online beat em up. Theres nothing fun about spamming rotations for 10 min strait a boss fight. The only reason this game lives on is it's addicting. I take 2 month breaks every so often and I see the same 40 people online that no life the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Saiyan King New Player

The first part was opinion last part was truth. Look how much ace is on, this game lives off people with nothing to do sad truth.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

Would have been nice if we were one with our powers, like a mental guy weak to celestial or a earth(kryptonian) weak torwards sorcey and celestial but 1/2 immune torwards fire and ice, i believe the last remaing rpg elements that was recently removed was the role buffs on gears and the role debuffs from movement powers.