I miss the "Good Ole Days"....

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Mint Stiletto, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

when adults wore real adult hats and you could smack someone and it was ok.

Back in like the first half of the 20th century people wore real hats when they wore hats.
    Lose the the Tball league hats already,especially at night and indoors. You are not 8 years old!

If someone got too out of line in public it was ok if the person nearest them laid an openhanded slap across their cheek.
    The guy/girl that received the smack knew instantly they needed to rein in the unacceptable level of Dbaggery they were displaying amongst other grown ups. There were no hard feelings between smacker or smackee and matters could proceed.

This policy if implemented by writ of law today would result in a large amount of smacking at first because people have certainly forgotten or worse just don't care what is acceptable behavior in polite society/situations.
    I would predict however that smacks would decline rapidly and eventually become extremely rare.

....I've been watching a lot of old movies lately....:p
    • Like x 1
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I put it down to a lack of consideration.

Everybody is a special little snowflake, who is entitled to everything they want, when they want it. And forget the slaps, give me a cattle prod.

Oh, you want to cut in line? zap.

Congregating in the middle of a busy footpath - forcing people to go around you, rather than you actually standing off to the side? zap. zap. zap zap.

Trying to enter a lift before the folk inside have gotten out? zap, zap zappity zap.
    • Like x 7
  3. dngnb8 Devoted Player

No, not everyone..... Just Me... [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Hahaha
    [IMG]
  5. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. dngnb8 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

This one doesn't work. That guy is obviously being assaulted.
    Smackin's and beat downs are 2 different things.....The beat down law however is my next bill to propose:D
  13. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I think the cattle prod is a bit too much...at least at first, maybe if they are too stupid to abide by the slap. Cattle prods would put them more in your way, those things(if we are talking legit full powered cattle prod) will drop a DB down for awhile. Makes it easier to kick them then I guess. Pros/Cons...LOL
    I'm super down for some electrical reconditioning used responsibly tho. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I'm comfortable with having to step over those who were prodded. At least then I know they have a solid reason for being in my way, rather than just being an inconsiderate a-hole :D
    • Like x 4
  15. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Yeah, miss those good old days, when a man could beat his wife half to death and it was okay...Black people had to sit in the back of the bus...Gay people were tied to fences and beaten to death because they're gay. Now is no worse than before, there are just different issues...
    • Like x 2
  16. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

Hey, everybody's talkin' about the good old days, right
    Everybody, the good old days, the good old days
    Well, let's talk about the good old days
    Come to think of it as, as bad as we think they are
    These will become the good old days for our children...
    Oh, why does it seem the past is always better
    We look back and think the winters were warmer
    The grass was greener, the skies were bluer
    And smiles were bright
    Can it be that it was all so simple then
    Or has time rewritten every line
    And if we had the chance to do it all again
    Tell me, would we? Could we? - Gladys Knight and The Pips "The Way We Were"

I felt the need to share that quote because it has truth and is something that should be read (or listened to) more than once. People of all ages reminisce of the "good ole days" and how things have changed. The next generation will speak much like you (us) how these were the "good ole days" and how things have changed. I'm not necessarily saying anything you wrote was wrong or right; it's more or less just food for thought.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Those are all terrible evil things and hopefully anyone that misses them is dead or will be soon.
    Wearing nice hats and smacking people for appropriate reasons are couple of classics we should bring back.
    The black plague sucked too, so I left that out also. Tho there are some of those antivaccine nuts that apparently do miss a good ole fashioned plague and are "bringin' it back man".

Lighten up Francis, just having some fun.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Automatic like for Gladys Knight lyric use.:)
    • Like x 1
  19. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I ran out of break time, I didn't intend to leave it off completely negative. I don't wear a hat, so...Carry on...
    • Like x 3
  20. nowburn4it Loyal Player

You worded that a lot better than I did...
    • Like x 1