Gotham Eposide 16 The Blind Fortune Teller

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Malachyte, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

Just curious what people though of the latest of Gotham "The Blind Fortune Teller"

I loved the casting choice of Jerome character as expected to be the Joker.

He was absolutely dead on from the laugh, to the facial expression and the attitude change from crazy to nonchalant. I can't wait for more episodes to come....I'm totally hooked on this show now.

Between Smallville, Arrow, Gotham, the Flash, epically introducing Firestorm DC Lore is smoking up on the small screen.

Now with the Superman reboot and upcoming Supes/Bats and the past Batman Trilogy (Thank you Mr. Nolan) and probably a WW movie, looks like DC Lore is finally on track on the big screen.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Seriously doubt we will see Joker in Gotham
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

I don't think so. They mentioned that they intend to bring all of Batman's main villains in and bring about a spin on their "origins"

I mean, will we ever see the true Joker with face paint, purple suite and all that jazz probably not, but they already have Falcone, Maroni, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Ivy, Scarecrow...

this is getting really good in my opinion.
  4. darth_paul Dedicated Player

The preview for the episode the week before had the teaser that, "this next villain is no joke," or something along those lines, and they showed the clip of the guy laughing maniacally which was revealed in this week's episode, hence it's very likely that this guy is indeed the Joker.
  5. Malachyte Devoted Player

It was, and boy did he pull it off great...I'm trying to find the whole clip of Jerome's interview with Gordon but it was so dead on...
  6. butaalinmarian New Player

Found it:

The ones in charge of Gotham said they will tease The Joker using multiple actors. Seeing how The Joker's origin is unknown even by him in the comics (even though there are some accepted theories) this may be a good way to show him.

After watching this episode, in my opinion, Cameron Monaghan's performance was spot on. I'm really curious how they'll go from here on for this character.
    • Like x 3
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

hahaha Debbie Downer
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wow! So he laughs, and is a complete nutter! That proves he is the Joker alright, case closed!!
  9. Malachyte Devoted Player

He did do a fantastic job, I'm looking forward to seeing how they are going to bring the character along.

DarkVisor - You're right, I mean there is absolutely not hard proof that this character will become the Joker. Because Gotham/Batman Lore is filled with many characters that have a very maniacal laugh, makes jokes about the people they killed in a very nonchalant manner but trying to be funny, as well as those specific facial expressions and just flip from crazy to relaxed to funny at a drop of a dime (no reference to Two Face)
    With all those vast amount of characters that meet that exact criteria I can see why you need hard, documented proof of this....:p