Symbols

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Krypton, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Krypton Dedicated Player

They still suck ...:)

Anyone know when the gear gets dropped to marks of triumph if symbols will still be needed?
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

I love them. They come fast and let me use Marks of Fury from other DLC content to top up for vendor gear.
    • Like x 3
  3. Krypton Dedicated Player

Well I have plenty of Fury. But can't use them as I don't have the symbols for the gear I want to buy.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If they continue dropping gear to MoT when a new tier is released then the current gear should be MoT when the next DLC is released, so around April/May.
    • Like x 3
  5. Krypton Dedicated Player

Thank you Jafin. :) I can always count on you to actually answer what I asked.
    • Like x 1
  6. AgentX44 Committed Player

is the new gear in T6 DLC locked? or will they be unlocked also so that you don't need the DLC?
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That is kind of the big question, though. I can't recall the devs saying anything about what will happen when the next tier of gear comes along and whether or not the symbols will still be required for T6 gear.

I'll still run the content regardless (well, once I get there LOL), but it is, at the very least, a point of interest.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It will probably be DLC locked. I thought they would make the initial T5 gear (Aquaman and Black Manta) available to free players when they were changed to MoT like they did with T4 gear but as far as I am aware that gear, and all gear after it, is DLC locked.
    • Like x 1
  9. AgentX44 Committed Player

so if it is DLC locked, does having symbols or not still matter?
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No idea on that one. There has never been a clear answer on this, and it's entirely possible they may not have decided themselves whether or not they will retire them after the change to MoT.
  11. AgentX44 Committed Player

I understand we don't have the answer to their decision, but thinking about it, you can only get the Symbols in the DLC they are contained in. So if the gear is still DLC locked, it is possible they just retain the symbols also since it might not matter, right? Just like how the symbols ofr WotL2 and AF2 are - they are Symbol of Light 2 and Symbol of Myth 2, respectively, but there has never been a Symbol of Light 1 or Symbol of Myth 1 anyway.
  12. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I don't know what they'll actually do, but to me it seems like they may drop the symbols. The whole idea of converting everything to MoT was to facilitate people getting to the top tier and running the new content (wasn't it? I thought that's what it was supposed to be about, if I'm wrong then disregard my crazy theory :) ). If they keep the symbols then I think that works contrary to what they were trying to accomplish. Like you say though, there has never been a clear answer to it.
    • Like x 1
  13. AgentX44 Committed Player

If it was to facilitate getting to top tier, why the DLC locks for T5?
  14. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I'd imagine they still want to encourage people to purchase the DLCs. But (and once again, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm certainly no expert in this matter) I believe that without the DLCs a person can still get a set of T5 armour, can't they? And is there one of the T6 armour vendors in the watchtower (selling the insect stuff? or have I imagined that)? To me it just seemed like they wanted to lure people towards the current tier so that they might spend some cash to take the extra step. And by making everything MoT they gave these people a quicker way to get the marks.
  15. AgentX44 Committed Player

Look at Jafin's earlier post about the Aquaman/Manta gear (which the armor vendor is inside the WatchTower/HoD):
    And I saw this thread post too using Google:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/t5-available-to-f2p-players.206765/

I am at work atm and could not get into the game to personally check, but if this is the case, then...
    • Like x 1
  16. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Ah, my bad then. I think I just saw it in the watchtower and assumed that anyone would be able to buy it since it was in a common area.
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

They were about to use unique marks per DLC. The extra Fury is the bonus for the new system. Otherwise you'd only have the new marks at the same rate you're earning symbols now. That means you get to convert Fury to Triumph or rare styles.
  18. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

This should be the last Fury DLC.

That said, I’m hoping we’ll get some word from the DCUO powers-that-be sooner rather than later on how Symbols will be handled on previous tier content and if Symbols will simply disappear, will still be required or if we’ll be able to cash them in for Triumph.
  19. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I hope they don't use symbols for T7. Just the regular marks because I like to gear up as fast as possible and that's my right regardless of what others think. Do away with symbols and never bring them back again.