Dev Discussion DLC13: Throne of the Dead (Elite) Raid - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Please fix this ! I can't do throne because am not a quantum ? Are u kidding me devs ? Fix this and take all gear away from who ever got 101 using the glitch
    • Like x 3
  2. vortex New Player

I just beat throne elite and got only 98 gear . Is it suppose to do that ?
  3. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Yeaaaa, pulling the essence of war into a punisher shade aoe attack to down it in 1 hit im on the fence about but it seems legit, but using clownbox to avoid teleport hell no lol that's just as bad as when sorc was transmuting clownbox in pve/pvp for massive damage. If you have to put a gag power on your bar to clear something then something is up. Showing it as an example is fine but seriously trying to clear the raid with everyone having clownbox on your loadout is
    • Like x 3
  4. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

First of all...This was named "Elite Throne" for a reason.
    Normal is very difficult, and elite SHOULD be near impossible. Why? Because YOU ARE FIGHTING GODS. Not aliens, not interdimensional beings, not mutant creatures. GODS. They are deities of the Greek pantheon. TWO OF THEM. And of all the gods to fight, they are the worst of the worst. WAR AND DEATH. That should be the first hint.
    Second, Clown box allowing you to avoid anything except damage for a small amount of time is a bug, so yeah; you're glitching. My advice would be to stop using it.
    Third, This raid was intended for those who farmed the normal version enough to have ALL 100 gear, because it would take AT LEAST that, ON EVERY PLAYER, to have a chance (however slim) at beating Elite.
    Key here is that upon reaching Hades Elite, you would have been able to farm the first two phases of this instance enough to replace the 100 that got you there with the 101 that you can obtain from Ares and Judges.
    I suspect you will find that the "Elite" group the devs had in mind for actuall beating Elite Hadeswhen releasing Elite Throne...was 8 fully 101 geared players.
    I love this new content. It is deliciously difficult, and I find myself looking forward to coming back and trying throne again...even if I only get as far as the Hades fight... I'm still getting 100 pieces here and there, and my strength is growing. When the day comes where I finally beat it with the right group...I will feel as though my hard work has paid off. When I can finally get into elite, I will feel as though I have EARNED my right to be there. When I finally beat it, I will have the same honest feel of accomplishment. Which is something that cheaters and glitchers will never know.
    I won't just blaze through the new content, get the gear, buy the collections, get the feats and disappear until the next DLC...this new content is different. It has staying power.
    So I'm calling the Devs out on this one. Devs you stand accused of having released good content overall (minor bugs notwithstanding, we all expected those).
    How do you plead?
    • Like x 1
  5. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

3 people in that raid refused to use Clown Box.
    101 DPS gear only benefits precision based powers. Its Might is lower than 100 gear.
  6. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

The defensive buffs? The dominance? Vit? Resto?
    There are more stats than just precision and might that the raid mechanics interact with which will ultimately determine survivability of a player or team.
    There is more to the game than how fast your burn is.
  7. BigDaddyDru New Player

2 Steps ahead of you Steel. The bottom line is until the Hades Fight is legitimately POSSIBLE, players will always try and find a way to beat him (Nature Bug Form, Quantum Stacks, Clown Box, etc.). My people and I are well aware of the legitimacy of defeating Elite Hades, hence why we are all able to CONSISTENTLY get to him no problem.

The problem lies in the Hades fight. Ares is now officially cakewalk and so are the judges. Why? Because they are BOTH legitimately POSSIBLE to defeat. Hades right now is legitimately IMPOSSIBLE to defeat. That is the problem.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wanning Comet Committed Player

The might of the 101 gear being lower than 100 gear was confirmed as a bug, there will be a hotfix to put the proper stats to the 101 gear.
    • Like x 1
  9. BattleAngel New Player

Its not impossible, just run 4 Quantum DPS and 2 Quantum trolls, thats all they ask for in LFG. Do the glitch and farm the raid...you'll be 116cr within a week without having to work for it.
  10. BigDaddyDru New Player

After watching the 1st Video of the Ares Fight, I'm sure any Competent tank will appreciate the strategy used in that Elite Raid. There were no deaths, and adds in the back were all under complete control by both tanks. The job just looks so much cleaner, better and more manageable with 4 Tanks than with 3.

If you use this same strategy in your Elite Raids, you will easily and consistently defeat Elite Ares with NO DEATHS > All the time, Every-time, Guaranteed!

As for that Hades Fight, after watching that video, I'm pretty sure any sensible player will now avoid Elite Hades until he actually becomes POSSIBLE to defeat. Normal Hades we can handle, but Elite Hades? Hell no.

I'll just farm Elite Ares and the Elite Judges for my 101 gear in the meantime thanks!
    • Like x 1
  11. SteelSD Level 30

You'd be locked to the elite version had you not used the Clown Box glitch exploit to bug yourself past the normal version of the raid, so how would you know whether or not the Elite Hades fight is possible or not? You don't have a legitimate strategy for either version of the fight, so you're actually many steps behind those who do. There are skilled leagues on the PC server right now taking down the normal version using legitimate repeatable strategy- Forgotten Union, Fami, Hitmen, and I'm sure Prototype and Iconics, just to name a few.

You not being able to do something doesn't make it impossible, nor does assumed difficulty level justify exploiting a known glitch to pass it.
    • Like x 1
  12. BigDaddyDru New Player

Again, 2 steps ahead of you my friend. I certainly have the balls to say I am using Clown Box because I know even without it, Normal Hades is still very much defeatable. Clown Box simply makes him easier to defeat, while not excluding players since ANYONE can use it, simple as that.

Your assumption of me being unable to defeat Normal Hades legitimately still tells me quite alot about you. But don't worry, I'll be sure to have a legitimate video of Normal Throne being beaten WIPE FREE soon.

Your claims of successfully defeating Elite Hades legitimately will remain null and void until you too can provide Screenshots and Videos (which I know you will NEVER be able to do at the CURRENT state of the Raid).

Until then, happy farming Ares and the Judges! I'll be doing the same till Hades becomes legitimately possible.
  13. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

Throne of the dead should be temporarily disabled cause to many ppl use the glitch to get it done
    • Like x 3
  14. MissD3struction New Player

what a way to ruin the sense of achievement from end game content. Good job guys :(
    • Like x 1
  15. SteelSD Level 30

Go find a quote where I've claimed to have taken down the Elite version of Hades. It doesn't exist anywhere but in your post; not in any of mine. Apparently, the repeated use of fallacious logic must be your new "weekly challenge".

And I've heard from players you've "invited" to raids; including skilled players who have been immediately excluded from the raid when they refused to use the Clown Box cheat. Yes, everyone can equip the Clown Box iconic, but using that glitch absolutely excludes players; in this case, those with enough sense and desire to beat content without needing to repeatedly use a cheat. Those players possess a legitimate level of competency and play the game for a sense of accomplishment; not to glitch out an instance in the pursuit of cheap (and largely unearned) gear. I'm talking about people like Obsidian Chill, Virality, Zer0 Elite, Grid Ion, Stark, BigBabyGZ, Swifty, Umaimi, Rooney, Steak, and a whole heck of a lot more (my apologies for leaving a TON of players off that list).

Considering the exploit-level glitching you're supporting and have used to pass (please note I will not use the word "beat" in your case) the normal version, I'd encourage anyone fooled into thinking that Clown Box is a legitimate strategy to search out someone who actually has one for the normal Hades fight and that likely be modified to mitigate some of the RNG present in the elite version as well. If you had passed the normal Hades fight without glitching it, you'd be posting such a strategy (which involves not caring about who gets teleported and not having to rely on being shaded to kill the Totem Master). Instead, you give us "Clown Box" and "balls" in the same sentence. #amusedtonoend
    • Like x 1
  16. MissD3struction New Player

We will be sure to post a video when we beat it legit np. We dnt use these ****** glitches to ruin the sense of achievement we will get, when we are successful. In the meantime take the raid down
    • Like x 2
  17. DamageControlEUPS New Player

My dear god, I came on after work yesterday only to find out what this new glitch was it was pathetic for me to hear, A fellow league mate refused to do it because we don't need to use it in any of my league to have a nice fast run to succeed, We had to grind the elite raid till we found a proper way to do it and still failed Hades fight after 6 hours of being there after the Ares hotfix. only to find out that what we achieved was ulltimately **** on by the fact people would rather cheat the Raid that was implemented to make sure we have a challenge in the game.We ran that raid so much that some of us even had to feat for not dieing on all stages of the raid including Hades fight on the normal version. We ran it so much because we love the new raids we love the challenge. And it pisses me off the fact that they'll have to take the elite off for awhile because i love being in there for hours even if i do get only 98 **** all the time. but the fact is Elite there is for a challenge of it, If you glitch it now end of the day it'll be fixed eventually and you'll go back being the same scrubs you where before the glitch, ill miss the raid so much if its taken down but for the sake of the state of the game let it be done. Yes we used nature healers and a few quantum dps of our 16 run but that was fixed but we still do it without any struggle. and it all **** and giggles until u see a person you'd never have in a raid because hes simple not good enough with him running around with 101 gear. We spend over a day of gameplay in that raid for about 4 pieces of 101 gear and failed each times of hades :) and thats all cool because we appreciate the challenge because thats why its there. So please fix this as soon as possible, Thank you in advance.
    • Like x 1
  18. SumtegWong New Player

i will use any type of way to defeat the raids and that's including a clown box. The only Achievement I want to have is time. I don't care about the rest of the achievements, all i care is finishing it. There is no right way to beat a raid when there is so many bugs in the raid. The only achievement i want to hear is that the devs achieved a bug free raid. But until then i will use all possible ways to defeat the raids clean and FAST. I don't care about who got the highest dps, heals or pot. I'm looking at the time it took to finish. And whats up with the cr98 gear dropping in the elite. I'm sick a seeing cr98 gears. There shouldn't be cr98 in the elite in the first place. There is definitely sumtegwong with some people in the game and the elite raid.
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The Throne normal version is a walk in the park and is very beatable in at least or under 20 minutes if your group understands the mechanics and does what they are supposed to do.

The Elite version though is also beatable for the first two bosses, like someone posted earlier...the more tanks you have the better....but it's also beatable with just 3 tanks if they are all highly skilled. With more gear/experience, I would say two tanks would be fine just like in the Normal version.

But then when it comes to Hades, I think there may be a bug with the fact that Hades is not teleporting DPS and hence it takes a longer time for the other group to come out. We are trying to focus fire a single target and use single target moves once us three become teleported but that still doesn't speed things up any faster. I'm surprised you guys are having trouble with totems and totem masters because frankly we all just start focusing firing them while the troll/tank CC him till he gets immunity. There is a bug though in where people do not turn into Shades at the right time to take out a totem masters....it's either too early or too late. Is the Shade mechanic supposed to be random, does the Zealous Shade have anything to do with it, or is there some coding that states "once totem master A comes out.....person X will be turned into a Shade"?

Thanks for the fun raid....it's incredibly challenging but also a bit bugged, sad to say unless what I said above is intended. Hopefully us USPS players can beat it legit first but with all the recent abuse of glitches...I'm not sure USPS deserves the recognition. I personally don't glitch and you can inspect my gear at cr113.....I have a mix of 98&99 gear and I still do fine trolling in Normal/Elite. No need to do a stupid glitch and waste time/money.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ciphey Well-Known Player

So you're complaining about people with 98 gear, who might not have replays to get better gear or who might not be lucky enough to get 100 gear, yet you also are admitting that you are glitching the raid to get gear. What?

Anyway, I think it is beatable without glitching it, and it is understandable that no fixes have been announced since it's a holiday weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.