nature healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Feb 5, 2015.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

would this loadout be ideal for the new raids and alerts?

savage growth
    blossom
    bug form
    harvest
    swarm shield
    regeneration

in bug form:

savage growth
    hive mind
    blossom
    harvest
    return to human
    regeneration / swarm shield

reason I ask is because I plan to build up a healer alt to T6 kinda want a role of each to have to play around on :p

have a DPS thats CR113 atm Im building up still, a CR104 tank, my CR113 DPS is also a troll who is currently CR110. So I needa do a healer now.
  2. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

You don't really need the bug form with the amount of resto you'll have at this point, put something else instead like Swarm so that you'll also do some damage over time while you still focus on your healing.
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

Just go bug form and;
    Savage growth - metabolism - harvest - blossom - swarm shield - hive mind
    is the way to go imo.

Are you nature? If so, have a try for yourself what bug form does. It gives you power back while having hive mind up. It's not just for the crits, this makes it legit viable to spam blossom a lot more and to have a higher burst potential when needed.

If you're not, look at the update notes from (I believe) GU43 and see what it does. Insectoid isn't 'a sign of a bad healer' anymore as the so called 'pros' like you tend to make it look like but rather a sign of an effective healer.

Edit; had some formatting issues.
    • Like x 1
  4. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

My main is a nature healer and her power is mostly always full as I heal when needed which almost instant refill their bar full and if I were to need power I'd rather spend 3-4 sec in canine form (if the rest of the team can survive that long without healing) than using insectoid form for a much quicker power back. Just need to be quick to revert from it to use a saving heal though. That or some cola or supply drop.
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

Personally, I think the Insectoid form mechanic is great for those that want to use it. For those that don't, there's still Brawling WM. I'd rather not use it, personally. I don't like Return to Normal being in my loadout because it gives up a key slot. But I also like to DPS. You can't activate an armory in bug form. So I find myself managing my loadout just to add Return to Normal when I'm switching back to DPS so I can activate my armory. Not a big deal but enough of a minor annoyance that I'm still just fine with human.

Here's the loadouts I like. Don't worry about what's best. Any of the below can get you through any content just fine. Try them all out and see which matches the playstyle you prefer.

BUG FORM: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Blossom, Hive Mind, Swarm Shield, Regeneration
    BUG FORM: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Blossom, Hive Mind, Harvest, Regeneration

or

HUMAN: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Blossom, Hive Mind, Harvest, Regeneration
    HUMAN: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Blossom, Swarm Shield, Harvest, Regeneration
    HUMAN: Savage Growth, Metabolism, Blossom, Cross Pollination, Harvest, Regeneration
    • Like x 2
  6. Inpent New Player

We use Bug form because of the power back when you use your HoTs
  7. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

I've healed all the new raids just fine in human form w/ sg, met, bloss, regen, ss, and cross. All except throne. That raid is a...yeah...fill in the blank lol. I havnt gotten any decent weapon drops that i'd like to use in human form. My solution? I went to bug and used the crummy 98 dual pistols i picked up as a stat stick.

Heals and power management is indeed nice in bug form. Like most, i just cant stand the style of it. But during this phase of grinding new gear, it will stay till i have at least full 99 gear
  8. Eminence Dedicated Player

Harvest? Did it ever get buffed?
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

It kinda did. It no longer shares a pheromone stack with Metabolism. It has it's own. Cross Poll and Bloom now share a pheromone stack. Harvest does the same healing per-stack for the group as Blossom. It just doesn't remove pheromones and doesn't have a single-target heal added on to it.

People used to use Blossom mostly with Savage Growth and Metabolism (primed with just 2 pheromone stacks). Some would get a third stack from Cross Poll but that's certainly situational and uses a bit of power.

Now with Harvest, you can get a third pheromone stack more cheaply and the group heal you get with it is meaningful. You can even find less reasons to cast Blossom and keep the pheromones for more use with Harvest or saving for a later use of Blossom. Of if you want a really big heal, consider clipping Harvest with Blossom. Now if you wanted to get crazy, you could still go back and grab Cross Poll for a fourth pheromone stack.

The point is that it adds a ton of versatility to what clips are available at your disposal. That's especially true if you're the type of person to float a SavageGrowth/Metabolism clip out early in the fight just to have the pump primed.
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

let me ask something about cross poll, I thought that move wasnt viable for end game content due to you needing to be in middle of everything for it to hit? Did they adjust it recently so you can be back away from the group and it still hit? Thats main reason I dont use that 1.

my current loadouts are this:

human:

savage, meta, blossom, harvest, bug form, regeneration

bug form:

savage, meta, blossom, hive mind, swarm shield, regeneration

what I do for my bug form is if I am playing with friends who are vastly over geared for something or who know what their doing I will use just human form which I use brawling > MA WM. I mainly use bug form for raids to save on power and prevent wipes :p
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

canine form whats that do?

like what buffs you get while in canine form? Like how bug form gives boost to heal crits and stuff.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

be cool if they added or changed 1 of the abilities not being used for either role so while in healer role as long as your HoT are up if you cast this move it keeps them up and spreads them to other allies further away or kinda how harvest does for DPS side of nature.
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Cross Poll is challeging to get good use of in raids, fantastic in alerts, and can be clutch in PvP.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

You have no weapon attacks, access to stealth, a decent self heal, faster run speed, and accelerated power regeneration. It can be used for niche purposes but it's not the most helpful in the heat of battle.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

Bug-it-Up Loadout

Shield - SG - Meta - Blossom - Harvest - Hive Mind

Have you taken a look in the mirror lately? Feeling ugly? Have you...caught a bug...that's weighing you down? Put on a guise! I personally use the Amazon guise.:D

note - Sometimes when I heal Throne I substitute X-Poll for harvest. Although, I find healing tanks easy with harvest. Given that the Throne raid is in a small room, and my group mates are close by; X-Poll does a wonderful job of healing them without needing to cast Blossom.

For what it's worth, I solo heal Throne with those load outs.

You get to run around and impersonate Cerberus. Other than that...not sure :p
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so how would you use it in a raid like say HOH or LAB? b/c atm these new raids are my main goal :p

as they were easy on my CR113 HL DPS, so kinda wanting a challenge where ppl try to do the solo healing setup still lol
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea thats what I use atm in bug form

human form - harvest, savage, meta, swarm shield, regeneration, blossom

depending on the content I will switch out swarm shield for bug form, and in that form I have same loadout except I have hive mind in place of swarm shield.
  18. Sorrower New Player

For nature healing, I use:

Bug Form: hive mind, savage, harvest, meta, blossom, return to human

Human Form: bug form, savage, swarm shield, meta, blossom, regeneration

I just shift whenever I need regeneration or shield, but for the most part I just stay in bug form.
  19. Eminence Dedicated Player

I ended up going with this

Big Form
    Savage Growth, Metabolism, Cross Pollination, Blossom, Swarm Shield and Hive Mind.

I did prime with sav and metab every now and then, then would add a cross pol whenever it was needed. Then finally a blossom to push out a massive group burst if cross poll didn't do enough. Keeping hive on cooldown and swarm shield for anticipated boss attacks. I haven't nature healed since 2011, but it seems pretty much the same, with a small addition to bug.
  20. Blackz Star Level 30

Does hive mind restore power scale with vit? I'm assuming it does.