No Love for Earth?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Itazuki, Feb 3, 2015.

1. mollypoppinz Well-Known Player

earth gets no love
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Reinforce was the only thing that made Earth competitive and it helps all Earth builds. The relative reduction of precision in armor hurt a lot too. Since it is a self buff, Rein should be higher than Carnage, Bloodlust, etc. 25% buff might work with mmax damage.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

i agree with you, but it would still only help with boring weapon mastery. or slightly help the crummy pet am. we need that aftershock am.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kharhaz Committed Player

Earth did get love at one time. Brick was a beast. However, for a reason I cannot fathom, they decided brick should be durable, but not enough to tank damage! Work that one out.

When they first reworked Brick and Crystal, Brick was everything you would expect a tank pet to be, although admittedly, crystal was a bit OP. Then they nerfed Brick and Crystal, and generally went back to before they upgraded everything!

So thanks for that devs, it was nice while it lasted.
  5. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Earth gets no love and i think its because of the popularity of earth players
    • Like x 1
  6. btoom New Player

too bad the devs hate Earth it will always suck
  7. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Buff earth!!!!
    Buff earth!!!!
    We are waiting for the devs !!!!!!!
    Don`t want to buff earth? you might as well give every player a token to change their powers that are currently earth!!!! because earth is not a power its trash!!! and you guys are not suppose to give us trash...
    • Like x 2
  8. mollypoppinz Well-Known Player

yeha no love for earth,
    well seems like i stopped playing this game for a while now was just checking 2 see if my tank was going to be fun again ...
    guess not.:(
  9. Skirmish Well-Known Player

Could you take a look at this thread and give me some feedback on these requested changes? I feel like this would drastically improve Earths practicality and general enjoyment of use.

Some requests regarding Earth powers.
  10. Errorcode1058 New Player

I know I saw it on a forum somewhere, but i can't remember where and can't quite figure out how to use Wavedox to get it, so...

What is the % of the population using Earth?

I have an idea, but I need that number 1st.
  11. pultinski Well-Known Player

use dcuo live. right now, across all servers players with cr >112
    mental: 874
    gadgets: 937
    quantum: 4318
    light: 2059
    ice: 2064
    fire: 863
    earth: 336
    rage: 1418
    sorcery: 1546
    nature: 1450
    electricty: 1087
    celestial: 931

note: i chose cr > 112 to show active in newest DLC
    • Like x 1
  12. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Hmm earth at 336 with fire as the next closest at 863. Coincidence that the perceived two worst tank powers are the two least used powers overall? I think not. That is pathetic. Also notice on the dps side there are 1546 sorcery users and only 336 earth users obviously one powers Pet AM or WM is much better than the other.
  13. Errorcode1058 New Player

So according to the data, and using only toons at end game content (CR 112 or above):

336 divided by 17,880 = .018 Now round up and...

We Are The 2%!

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Errorcode1058 New Player

[IMG]

Every time you create/log on to a toon that is not Earth...

Brainiac Wins!
    • Like x 1
  15. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

They should go back and rename that DLC to The Struggle for Earth. Battle makes it seem like it's two sides fighting when in reality it's Earth gettng it's teeth kicked in and every other power doing the kicking.
    • Like x 4
  16. GravitaI New Player

Wow! Only 2% of use are earth at the newest content

I for one love Earth
    Have been DPS as an earth user for about a year now and although I lack behind a couple powers
    I like using it.

Just recently I've decided to give the tanking side a try with 2 different loadouts: PET loadout & Aftershock loadout

with the PET load out my life is dependent on brick as we all know. but brick will always go down a few times making it tough for me and the healer.

With the aftershock loadout, I feel like I'm kind of like a fire tank with the health always dipping down. My health only dips down alot only when handling a lot of ads, bosses are fine to deal with as long as I keep the blocking up

Rarely see an earth user at any new content
    And come to think of it, I have not seen another earth DPS user in the new AF2 dlc. I've only seen other tanks
  17. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Idea! Take out localized tremor unless anyone really likes that power. Put earthquake there and have it be a regular power that can combo 4 times. For a new supercharged power. I would like to see a rock slide. That crushes and does damage over time from big rocks. A 25 percent supercharge. Also take out entomb I can't think of 1 person that uses that. I would like another supercharge there but make it like a rock armor suit. Like ice has that ice supercharged power. I don't remember the name of it for ice. It doesn't have to be big.
    • Like x 1
  18. AL Lonso New Player

Earth needs better SCs. Earth's SCs suck, except earthquake but it's better off as a power.

Reinforce should have been the 8man breakout or Atleast change it to give the buff to 4 or entire group.
    • Like x 1
  19. Skirmish Well-Known Player

I did the maths regarding Earths Precision Buff and with the current Precision levels and Weapon Damage on gear, yor actual weapon damage only increases by about 6.6%

More information here.
    • Like x 1