People think I switched to quantum for it's OP'ness

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Bendmetal, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Really? Are these people serious?
    I went quantum about a year ago because it looked like a fun powerset. Now I am getting hate for something I didn't even do :(
    • Like x 3
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Quantum will be FOTM until they nerf it.. and people will claim that because unless they know you and know you have been that power for a long time you will catch hate until the newness dies down
    • Like x 2
  3. SenseIess Well-Known Player

Pff... this is just ******** imo. What if you did change just because for it's OPness? What's wrong with that? Some people in this game are so ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  4. Circe New Player

I think it's stupid. I was Quantum for a while and switched back to Hard-Light (my original power for this toon) to make a Lyssa Drak inspired toon. Wasn't really feeling it, so changed my character back to Quantum. I like it because IMO it's the power that's most like Circe other than Sorcery. A teleport, shield, making enemies bow before you. One power is like a power Circe has in Legends to a T except for animation (Gravity Bomb is it?) that makes enemies bow down.

Granted, I'm not a DPS which is likely where most of these problems lie. But it's annoying. The community makes it so hard to have fun with our powers. Everyone assumes we're using powers for being overpowered, and don't think about the other reasons we might be using the powers.
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Quantum was nice & fun before the update. It's even more fun now since the AM still works with my Force Unleashed RP build!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Dezaras Loyal Player

I never switched to quantum, instead I created a quantum character. I like the looks and effects, they're visually impressive. Heard some bad things about it a while back but I never respec'd to something else because I like the power.

It's one of my favourites, along with fire, rage, and celestial.
  7. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Frankly, I disagree with the first two words you have in the Topic Title.
    • Like x 2
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I switched to Quantum when the power dropped because, well, I'm Quantum.
    • Like x 1
  9. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

i switched because it was newly revamped and i wanted to try its am
  10. Boscohark Well-Known Player

Do not worry about what other say. If you enjoy your power set and are good at it, nothing else matters. I remember way back in early days of SWG I chose Master Pikeman because it was fun and fairly rare. After a patch it ended up being rather powerful defensively, especially in PvP. I used to get called FOTM from the PvP crowd all the time and I just laughed because I never PvP'd and loved the profession because of what i could do PvE with my guild. It happens all the time.
    • Like x 2
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

In cases like this, you should remember that Fable about the Old Man, his grandson and their donkey: in other words (or, if you are not familiar with Aesop), don't listen to them!
  12. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I thought about converting to Quantumism just for all the holidays:)
  13. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Then what, aliens?
  14. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

Quantum since release here. One thing I hate at the moment is the quantum dps that do nothing but spam their rotation even if another player ko'd right next to them they wanna be top score board
  15. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

So it's gotten that bad...
  16. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

I wouldn't say that bad just an observation with a few
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I switched to Quantum because stuff and I like posting nonsense to threads and because some of my forum friends are here, but really, I didnt switch powerset... :(
  18. Prosser Dedicated Player

I had the same problem when Ice AM dropped. Just give em the bird and kick em lol!
  19. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Don't know, are you making fun of me or the people who antagonize me?
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I understand bro.

People will say the same to me and the few faithful celestial players when it gets updated and upgraded... and Rage players.