Sparring targets on test

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Jan 31, 2015.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Are we getting those 3 sparring targets that's on the test server that players are using to test powers, because on ps3/4 servers we need them
  2. same Johnny Dedicated Player

I was excited when I saw those, but they are supposed to be for test server only, according to a couple of responses a couple of weeks ago.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChuckLess New Player

Why are there any differences in any of the Sparring Targets?
  4. Kristyana New Player

It's hard to get accurate numbers for testing different powers and working on balance when the targets have resistances and defense.
  5. ChuckLess New Player

I know. That's why i'm asking. From what I've read, there are differences in sparring targets (Watchtower, Base, League Hall, Test Server). Just wondering why that is.

I use the dummies to try out new rotations. The numbers fly off too fast for me to even really see, and the combat log it completely useless cause all you see is health back a hundred times in a row.

The way I look at it, I have the best gear + highest mods. If I have a rotation that makes sense, I'm doing just fine.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Honestly, they should make all sparring targets like the new ones. Much better for testing.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I can't answer why the sparring targets in the HQs are different from the LHs and Lairs, but they have to stay like they are due to multiple players attacking at once. If they were all like the new ones, don't you think that would have some issues with proper controlled environment?

With regards to the new ones themselves. It just comes down to how fast you can kill them. If all the powersets can burn them in the same amount of time, then the powers are balanced. If one burns faster than an average, then something might be out of line. Same goes for slower than the average.
    • Like x 1