why are my characters renamed? I'm a lifetime subscriber

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by isee, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

I'd venture to say the OP is incorrect in his/her memory of the last log in. I'm betting it was over 18 months ago.
    • Like x 5
  2. Impulsively Committed Player

Well, in the comics there are times when some characters will parade around with the same name as another who has taken up the name in their absence. Like after Barry Allen returned in Final Crisis. For a time, both he and Wally ran around as 'The Flash'. And then there's the whole Green Lantern thing with Hal, John, Kyle, and Guy being active simultaneously going by that title. So the comics is a bit more forgiving than DCUO is on that front.

However, that's why I like the @handle system like you mentioned. It allows for a name to be used unlimited times at the same time but keeps the uniqueness of the person's handle. It also helps people remain recognizable across their alts. I wish SOE would adopt it, but it might be too much of an undertaking to switch to this system :(
  3. chubbychase New Player

By not logging into your account for several months (18+) on end until AFTER the announced and emailed date for Jan 20, 2015...like, where were you and why are you here now?
    • Like x 6
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

In the announcement about the name reclaim. And I believe yesterday was not the final day to log in, it was the 20th.
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Flash and Green Lanterns are good examples.

Although I thought it made me think more of characters like
    Ant-man who became Giant-Man who became Goliath who became YellowJacket.
    Then Hawkeye who became Goliath
    Then Bill Foster who became Goliath
    Then Power Man who became Goliath

Through the years the name Goliath went from one character to another.

So I guess the various name resets in DCUO made DCUO more like the comics with certain names passing from one character to the next.
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Because you havent logged into the game in over 1.5 years. That is a really long time. Honestly you deserved to lose your names because you gave up on the game.
    • Like x 1
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Couldn't agree more... If I lose my name to a level 3 squatter on USPC I'll be leaving the game.
    • Like x 8
  9. Impulsively Committed Player

Yeah, that's a reason to support moving names around, but my point was in favor of allowing people hold repeat names simultaneously since the GLs and the Flashes were allowed to do that towards the end of the lifespan of the pre-Flashpoint universe. The handle system that KiaserX referred to would be pretty sweet for letting us do this cleanly in my opinion.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

just you wait ;)
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

same here brother
    • Like x 1
  12. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

But what if they created that toon before you created yours ? Just curious......
  13. SavingPrincess Well-Known Player

LOL, way to compare having a girlfriend to owning property or having a dedicated parking space. xD

To OP, I think you were a little confused on the terms of what it means to be "active" and the timelines for logging in. You seem to have missed the window by 7 days. They did this on purpose, so that players like you wouldn't just log in all week to park names you haven't been using for years.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So... what you are saying is that if I do not call my girlfriend for months or if I don't park in her parking spot...... sooner or later I will find squatters parked with my girlfriend??? ;)
    • Like x 5
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Honestly, I don't care if they created it at launch.... they're a level three with six feats completed. I've put a TON of time and money into my toon I should have priority for the name.

Selfish, but at least im being honest about it. ;)
    • Like x 8
  16. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to confirm, names were renamed if the account had not been logged into for 18 months.
    • Like x 9
  18. Sinnvoll Well-Known Player

Good.
    Guessing you'd just not log for another year+ after you had secured the name.
    At least someone who actually plays now has it.
  19. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Yeeesh, if you are a lifetime subscriber and you lost your name on an account that you are paid through for LIFE on.... Well thats just mean.
    • Like x 1
  20. Stark23 Committed Player

There's obviously a clear difference between being a lifetime subscriber and being active. You didn't log in for over 18 months, not active.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.