Will We Now Have Recurring Name Purges?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magnificent, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

Now that the PC and PS folks are sharing the same naming database (waiting to see why this is, I have my suspicions), will there be a regular purge of names? Pushing players from both sides into pulling from the same database is just going to put us back in the same position if this isn't a recurring event.
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

Hello...
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not have plans to regularly purge names, though we could choose to do it again in the future.
    • Like x 6
  4. KiaserX Level 30

It is a good idea for purging the names that are not being used. I know the players who have been inactive for 18 months get the opportunity to reclaim the name, but some of those folks might be gone from the game that just barley made it past the mark. It was a shame though to see people log on a toon, just to hold the name, but have no desire to play or have played in a very long time. I understand that situation cannot be avoided, but the purge can be a yearly event. Something like a DCUO Resolution and Name Claim shortly after the anniversary. Thanks Magnificent for the post
    • Like x 3
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

The Purge
    • Like x 1
  6. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

I'm all down for The Purge. Some of these current players got lucky with this purge because I bet my top dollar there are people who just made accounts to hold some of the best names. Also, next time, pretty pwease make a smaller window of time pwease. This is just a personal suggestion against those who do hold the best names without playing -_-
  7. Burnt New Player

Hope it doesn't take SEVEN hours next time :mad:
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Which everyone who was againstbthevpurge said would happen...
    • Like x 1
  9. FiveByFive New Player

since the PS pop is appx. 3x the size of the PC pop and much more transient, PC players are at a big disadvantage in getting names.

names need to be regularly freed up if we're merging and sharing the name database. every 6 months.
  10. Baby New Player

This is the only MMO on the market with a constant name merry-go-round. No other MMO, not even other SOE MMOs does this silliness.

Seems like just an excuse to keep from working on new content. Generate false buzz and headlines by simply purging names and/or unnecessarily merging servers.
  11. Kzinti Committed Player

Every 2 years seems would be a good for a Purge
  12. Abisial Committed Player

>First time doing this
    >Constant
    Please get a dictionary.