Duo: Spark of Ion. Broken

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by EK1975, Jan 10, 2015.

1. EK1975 Well-Known Player

I tried putting in a ticket for this issue. My reply was there is nothing that can be done and to write it in the bug reports on the forums, so here we go. In the duo of Spark of Ion, at the point where you have to speak to Hal Jordan to receive the Spark of Ion when entering the final room, if both players stand too close to Hal the duo gets broken. What has happened numerous times is both players stand too close to Hal at the same time, one of us talks to Hal, I guess the coding can't differentiate the two players, doesn't know who to give the spark to and even when the final door opens and both players go in, that's where the duo instance freezes up, nothing happens, no more forward progress.

I don't know if it's a proximity thing the coding of the instance can't handle, but again, if both players are too close together when Hal gives the spark, the coding (or whatever) can't decide who to give the spark to and that's the end of the instance.
    • Like x 3
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

I've seen that happen where I'll talk to Hal but if the other guy gets too close at the right moment, they'll get the spark instead. When that occurs, going in the room won't trigger the boss fight initially. However, if I wait like 90 seconds (kinda long if you're used to it being instant) then everything fires up. Maybe it was something like that. Otherwise, I haven't seen this issue yet.
    • Like x 1
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Wait it works if you wait? LOL! So many lost Spark of Ions.... :(
  4. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Also quantum players can tunnel past the doors.
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

:eek:
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting. I never take the spark, so never noticed this.
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Happened just now. Told the other player to take the spark, (was running healer), but he just stood there next to Hal. I then had to run up to Hal to activate him, then ran back. Hal started the anim to give the other player the spark, but the glowy effect didn't kick in on the player. We moved into the room....muffin happened for several minutes. Tis broken.
  8. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I saw a slightly different version of this, where someone talked to Hal but then moved outside of his range before he gave the Spark out. Same result: no spark on either character, and enemies never active. This can't be difficult to replicate.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

I had the same issue where the duo stops at the same part, but in a different way, if we take too long to speak to Hal (like my partner or myself going dc) it bugs and the option to talk disappears.
  10. Milutin Mujovic Well-Known Player

I thought my bug was different, but it looks like it is the same.
    When I talk to Hal, and the other player comes close to him, and somehow tries to talk to Hal too, neither me nor him will receive the spark of Ion, and everything will just stop. It will say to clear all Orange Lanterns, but we had already done that, so we need to restart the whole duo.
  11. MarianTheMage New Player

It also seems to be bugged if the person receiving the spark is transformed, such as with nature's wolf mode
  12. Aurore New Player

Oops. didn't see this one and posted a few minutes ago. Same thing, but I got the spark and the other player was over by the door, waiting to open it. I don't think I was in wolf form the first time, but can't swear that wasn't the case.

Got the spark just fine, but there were no enemies spawning after we got the spark and entered the room.

Warping rally, having one us us leave and re-enter, etc. did not fix it. So - we ran it again and had the same thing happen. No boss fight. And my league mate had graciously reset both of us as well, so he's out the replay badges.