Best Weapon Mastery for Sorcery DPS?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zohflux, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Zohflux New Player

I just created a new toon and have full t1, so before i feat farm and get the SP i would like to know which weapon mastery combo is the best for sorc dps?
  2. Tru3 LegacyX New Player

Staff into Rifle Mortar, It gets you all the ticks from Weapon of Destiny. Two handed into arrow storm can work aswell.
    • Like x 3
  3. Zohflux New Player

4. Black Prime New Player

Depends on how you play. I would say what ever weapon you are good with.

I think there is 3 kinds of weapons you could choose. Melee. One handed for the most part. Risk reward playing melee. Your on your back alot. Range speed. This would be a two step combo. Hold hold or tap hold. Staff/morter, brawl/ma, 2H/bow, 1H/HB. Range big hitters. HB/Bow, there are others but you get the idea. Use the weapon your best with.
    • Like x 3
  5. Black Prime New Player

I would say speed melee, but have yet to find a fast melee combo that hits good.
  6. G4MOOSE New Player

Rifle....full auto wm....nuff said....and most cookie cutter load outs u find on the web suck btw...so be weary of them...

Been sorcery since day one, can honestly say that WM best thing to ever happen to sorc dps....
    • Like x 1
  7. Adell New Player

Black Prime is right, choose what you're good at.

Personally, I've seen kick *** Sorcerers using Dual Pistols WM into Dual Wield or Hand Blasters. I favour the Dual Pistols myself but I'm not good enough to really get into WM combos (not to mention my mouse is broken). Bow and Arrow is a good one too, lots of people saying that its WM is great.
    • Like x 1
  8. Octantis New Player

If you're looking for stuff that hits a lot really quickly, your options are

Brawling --> Shuriken Storm (low damage, ranged cone AoE; very fast with amazing power regen)
    Dual Pistols --> Ultra Flurry (melee area AoE)
    Dual Wield --> Flurry Shot (good damage single target; ranged)
    One-Handed --> Pulse Beam (hard hitting single target, melee)
    Rifle --> Full Auto (okay damage; ranged wide cone AoE)
    Staff --> Mortar (ranged area AoE; great damage)
    Two-Handed --> Arrow Storm (ranged area AoE; great damage)

All other combos don't really provide a lot of hits for weapon procs, and the damage is pretty much similar on most of the weapons, except Staff and Rifle are really underpowered, or their WM attacks combo off really odd normal combos that just doesn't work well for their benefit.
    • Like x 1
  9. August Wisdom New Player

Hand Blasters into Bow WM is still best. For some reason, the output on that combo + burst power crit damage bonus is still insane.
    • Like x 1
  10. Armaggedion Well-Known Player

11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What makes that loadout for sorcery optimal? What loadouts did you compare with?
  12. Pentac Active Player

I personally prefer 2H into Arrow Storm. It's slightly faster and you get 4 hits instead of 3 from Staff into Mortar.