Good or bad idea? Knockout limit per instance....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by THE BATWING, Jan 20, 2015.

1. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

So I see with the new dlc the special unlockable elite raid has a knockout limit ..meaning you will not be able to be revived by your team mates after a certaint amout of knockdowns .
    Now this got me thinking alittle bit , I really enjoy a good challenge and believe they should either ...make elite raids for every version alert and raid which have the ko limit ...or implement the ko limit into the existing raids making players take a step back an slow down, being more carful.. This also keeping lower cr players from being in instances they shouldn't be in ,also making them think twice about entering content that they are not ready for.
    These ideas would make teamwork relative ,slowing progression ,players not running off by themselves(so often),ect...
    Thank you for taking your time to read this ! Any other ideas to add or negativity glad to hear your opinion.
    Stay powerful my friends! Life is a challenge, rise to the challenge!
    • Like x 4
  2. Xolag Well-Known Player

If that is the case i think most of pub groups won't finish some raids.
    • Like x 9
  3. Saami Loyal Player

With lag, random dces and other stuff people may suffer i dont think this is a good idea atm.
    Unless it is 10 revives per instance or soemthing like that.
    • Like x 3
  4. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

Yeah I was thinking 10-15 .... 10 for alerts 15 for raids , I think DEVS were saying the new elite raid will be 5-8 kos I could be totally wrong there
  5. OptimusPrime New Player

I see where you're going with this and I agree with most of your points, and it's probably not a bad idea if replay badges didn't make or break player progression. Nobody wants to make their progress any slower the way drop rates work in this game. Who wants to be in a raid 2-3 hours trying to plan their every move being cautious not to die, then when people are knocked out too many times and can't continue and it's up to half of the group to finish..and you're already at the last boss..and you have to start all over...nahh no thank you lol maybe in a land called perfect where loot locks and replays and terrible drop rates didn't happen lol
    • Like x 2
  6. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

Agree drop rates would have to be much better especily if l&w was any indication of how thing will be run around here......
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Very bad idea to include this into all regular raids. It won't promote teamwork or more careful playing. It will drive people onto these forums crying rivers of tears about how unfair it is. That would be a large majority. Think about it: If the raid is glitched, if you're having a bad day in general, or blocking in time is an issue (like a healer getting caught in mid-animation). People already wipe now and have to do things all over again. This would just cause that in a most assured way and would lead to less replays and less subscriptions, more people just leaving the game period.

Also, while I believe that people should follow proper progression and gear up a bit before tackling the big raids, to say that the Devs should implement a system that would keep people out of content because YOU believe they don't belong is stupid and selfish, and damaging to the company's bottom line. The Devs put a CR minimum for players to get into content, who exactly appointed YOU CR gatekeeper??? You want to build a group filled with high CR players, that's all well and good...you can do that. But you might want to stow the high and mighty attitude unless you're paying for other people's DLCs or subscription. Everyone belongs if they meet the Devs requirements to get in not what some stranger who had no hand in the creation of said content decides. We need to cut out this exclusion attitude and actually help each other get better, so we call have fun. [Btw, Batwing, this is not directed solely towards you, but to everyone with that kind of toxic attitude]
    • Like x 16
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

New elite raid was 3 and you were done, unless they upped that value.

As for the old stuff, leave it as is.

Speaking of fast gearing up, new vault marks will make it even easier now for players to gear up to the newer content.
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

3 KOs per battle.
    • Like x 9
  10. Circe New Player

Looking at the negative Origin Crisis feedback, this is a million times worse so the reactions will flood the forums. With this community, this will not go well. Personally IDC because I never will run elite versions of anything, and IDC about getting the highest gear. But there are lots of people who do care, and I think something like this may just be toxic.
    • Like x 4
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

why not? people adapt and are not accountable because they dont have to be. i love this. remeber people beat prime by glitching the door so you could always reenter the fight or pulled people through the wall. same with gates in the sense they would range the boss and the door glitched open. bud way back in fos 3 players were able to glitch it so they could fly through the door and re enter the groups. not pug groups but leagues and runs with people they knew.

players did not improve because they found a way around the raid. this would of fixed all of that. how nice would that of been? whats the big deal if it takes groups a few weeks to beat a raid? i know beating nexus was as rewarding of a feeling as i have had playing dcuo. i thought standing victorious in prime shortly after it came out would be the dcuo highlight atop the list but a harder challange equals a better sense of gratification.

fos 3 has the simplest of machanics. dont triangle a sniper and dont hit the medic shield. focus on white ads that wrecked groups and go back to work. WHY DID SO MANY GROUPS DIE? the medic and b4 we were full t3 the sniper. your telling me a person does not have the ability to hit a medic for a few seconds after the shield dropped? get a wuick move or two in and just stop. you telling me that people would not of adjusted and then used moves to knock the medic back dropping the shields? mental would levitate them and go to town for an example. OFCOURSE THEY WOULD. we did not have to because you could die a million times and fly right back in or luck into a group who had restraint and get through.

yes people would go through ruffer times but i challange you to find a multi year vet who does not have a story like i was in fos2 for over 4 hours last night b4 we gave up. overcoming insane challanges and or leaveing and comeing back when your a bit more geared is a staple of the game. i think anything that limits glitchers and improves the communities overall skill is a very good thing
    • Like x 2
  12. Avian Dedicated Player

I believe 1 elite instance per DLC is enough.
    • Like x 5
  13. X-zero Loyal Player

It doesn't really promote teamwork. It is only really going to hurts people who try to run raids before they are close to max cr and are able to recover teammates well. Most pug groups most likely won't hit a situation where they picked up the same person up three times in one boss fight. If a person is that death prone they will most likely be left to die or kicked.

The 3 revive limit per boss doesn't seem that terrible unless it doesn't reset on wipe.
    • Like x 2
  14. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Why make the game more restrictive than it already is? Eventually, you are going to run off your players. So bad idea.
    • Like x 3
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Unnecessary for general content.
    • Like x 2
  16. OptimusPrime New Player

Well that escalated quickly...you make it seem as though you never had an inexperienced pug in your group who pretty much got in the way and was a liability and did not follow simple directions and made the content that much harder, because we don't have to be Devs to give common sense directions in raids and alerts, because they don't give us any directions anyway lol and those who are new to content should either speak up or do as they are told. And I don't mean that in a dictatorish or bullyish type of way either. That's just one of the things which hurts the game the most. Content isn't explained fully to us so we have to gain experience by wiping and paying attention to certain stuff. Nowadays most people get carried in the whole leveling up/gearing up process and they barely even understand certain mechanics that are repeated in almost every other dlc, they're just happy to be there lol. They won't even go to youtube first at least lol. This is why most good groups only gather certain CR and SP players not because they're gatekeepers. Because they don't wanna spend unnecessary time in content, especially when that one person is prone to get the best gear without holding his/her own weight and, thus, being carried instead of earning it. In most cases, not all.
  17. Jamie New Player

I used to play another game and it had a limit of 3 knock outs and then you failed the instance. It provided some additional challenge but also caused many people to get cussed out. 1 person could single handedly cause the group to fail. DCUO should have it be so many knock outs per player and then that player cannot continue. It would also make more sense game wise. Your teammate can no longer continue but you still have an objective to meet and need to press on.
    • Like x 2
  18. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

I think this is a good idea for the Elite raids. Does not need to be in any other content.
    • Like x 3
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm growing tired of the term "being carried". The only time that was true before was when walk-ins were available without CR locks. Nowadays to me being carried means you hang in the back and do absolutely nothing while others actually play the instance and you reap the rewards. If you're contributing I can't see that as being carried (which is completely different from playing badly...the two should not be confused).

I've played with my fair share of inexperienced players...I PUG every day (despite being in a good league...play times and all that). I don't exclude people from the start...I usually let them play until they prove to be too much of a liability. If I can't find a way to overcome a player's weakness, then it's time to replace. I know people's play times are precious and all that...I just happen to have more patience than most.

I'm also annoyed by this bad attitude of people deciding who does or doesn't have the right to run content they paid for. You have every right to form the groups how you like...that's fantastic, and I have no issue with that. The moment you start talking about others like they're somehow less than just because they're not top tier already...that gets under my skin. That's all.
    • Like x 12
  20. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

That 2nd paragraph is kinda why I started this... The game would kick the player out of the instance once they reach death limit , no one in group is responsible for kicking , only the player is to blame themselves ...
    I don't mind lower cr players
    • Like x 1