IMO We have to alleviate scoreboard chasing.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MentosTroll, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jamie New Player

I think the dev's need to get creative with how the damage side of the scoreboard works. I think it really should be DPS adjusted to Cr. Things like getting knocked out would reduce your number by more than the time you lost while knocked out and things like picking people up and hitting cogs would increase the number.

Behind the scenes the game would keep track of your damage out. When you got knocked out it would subtract so much from your damage. When you picked up a teammate it would add to your damage total. These amounts would have to be carefully set. This number would then be divided by the number of seconds that you have been in the instance and then it would be equalized to a specific Cr for that instance. If you were below that Cr you would be adjusted up while if you are above it you would be adjusted down.

The reason I feel that adjusting to Cr will help show who is actually trying versus who is skating by because they have better armor. (skill versus armor)
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its not the scoreboard but the community and how they choose to see the scoreboard as a whole.

the scoreboard is fine how it is IMO, the community on the other hand has major issue's.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I'm sorry Mentos I just dont agree with you. I feel that scoreboard chasing for dps can be very much a healthy thing. If my dps is so much lower than someone else then I'd want to know, and examine why I suck at dps :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I think I like you 0.0 haha jk ha man , I wish everyone in this game can be open minded like you bruh
    • Like x 1
  5. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I was never saying to remove the scoreboard, I know that it has it's uses, especially in "competition", I get it. I just want the Top Damage Out name to be out of the top, sort the scoreboard differently, pretty much any other sorting process would work.
  6. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

A healthy competition is good for the group. Burn is life in dc and everyone knows it. You can try to deny it but for ages dps players make up the majority of a raid, especially these days when it's 50%. Join the masses and dps or sit back and enjoy the fact your support role played just as important role as anyone else. Scoreboards are for dps players, no big deal.
    • Like x 3
  7. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

they could put our dammage out as a % ?
  8. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Trust me though they should revamp the scoreboards, but not for any reasob that benefits the community. Regardless of whatever they do to the scoreboard, dps players will always go by damage out. This sells respec tokens and makes SOE money, their true passion and lively hood.

If they were smart they let pot overwrite, and make content were 2-2-2-2 was required. That way every role can compete. Face it, there is never gonna be true balance, so why stop at dps players when they could revamp the boards and make everyone compete and sell a ton of tokens.
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The scorecard, just like the UI, needs a revamp. It could be much more helpful than it is right now.
    • Like x 1
  10. Juiceman25 New Player

All yall jus find anything to complain about.scoreboard chasing makes this game fun and intense. Yall trying to make the game boring as hell. I do agree that dpsers should pick up ppl. But jus because SOME don't you want the scoreboard changed. GET OUTTA HERE with dat. The scoreboard is fine the way it is. Just put ppl on ignore and don't run wit them if they don't do pick ups. All yall do is nag and complain. I know plenty of dps including myself that love scoreboard chasing and still is a team player. GTFOH!!!
    • Like x 2
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Classic DPS mentality. Exhibit 1, on why the scoreboard needs to be changed
    • Like x 2
  12. HellBornAssassin New Player

What bothers me about this is that so many people want everything nerfed, changed or made easier... I feel like no matter what the devs do people will not be pleased I mean so what if there are people chasing the scoreboard nothing wrong with competition. It's like people want a game with rainbows and unicorns and everyone smiles and dances around.. this is a mmo you need some sort of competition period... These type of threads are ridiculous... At what point will people just be happy and enjoy the game for what it is?
  13. Juiceman25 New Player

Mentos u either don't dps or get blown away on the scorecard. Jus because ur life as a dps is miserable don't mess up ours. Stop pugging content and stick to your leagues then. There are alternative ways to get around what yall are saying. There are alot of other issues in this game that needs attention. Have you heard the term " if it ain't broke don't fix it"
  14. barnesalmighty2 New Player

Why not add to the board completely I have always thought there should be a section for damage earned through buffs, that goes to whoever threw out the buff.
  15. Juiceman25 New Player

THANK YOU HELLBORN ASSASSIN

That's exactly how i feel.BOTTOM LINE...
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's nothing wrong with healthy competition, or friendly competition for that matter.

What ends up happening with scoreboard chasing doesn't fall into either of those categories nearly as much as it should. Way too many sore losers (or worse, sore winners) and people with an obsessive focus on the scoreboard out there, and they can easily ruin a game session.

The content is what should be the focus, not the numbers on the scoreboard. Seems like that's easy for people to forget, though.
    • Like x 3
  17. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I agree, nothing wrong with a healthy competition. There can still be competition by changing they way the scorecard determines the name on top. All the data is still be there, lets just change the "ranking" based on who had the most damage out.
  18. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Are you kidding? How is that classic DPS mentality? Next thing you know you're blaming everyone in DPS role.

His post is not the most respectful, but I agree with him. Many people have fun scoreboard chasing aka competitive DPSing in pve. You can still do this and contribute to the group in a positive way. Like he said, you can add specific players to your ignore list if you see that they are preventing the group from progressing.

Personally, I'm a scoreboard chaser. I love competing with friends. Honestly, if they removed the scoreboard the only thing that would keep me from quitting the game on the spot is competitive PvP.

I don't know everyone's exact definition of "scoreboard chaser," but there's nothing wrong with being competitive in pve. So many people in this thread are making it out to be this terrible evil thing. It's how some people choose to have fun. It's very possible to play competitively and cooperatively at the same time. The scoreboard isn't the problem here.

The scoreboard also has other beneficial purposes but I don't have time to go into those.
    • Like x 2
  19. MentosTroll Loyal Player

At no point did I say to remove the scoreboard, some people need to read better.
    Another classic DPS scoreboard chaser mentality. Exhibit 2, on why the scoreboard needs to be modified.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I get what you're asking for here, but there's one little issue: If the scoreboard is sorted differently so that Top damager is not the first thing you see, it means people doing comparisons or looking to see who is dragging the team damage wise will have to stare at the screen much longer to figure that out, thereby greatly increasing the chances for failure when people take a peek at critical points (obviously not a real problem out of combat).

I honestly believe that a combination of hiding the overall scoreboard till the end and having an individual combat analyzer during the instance would help solve some of this Scoreboard Syndrome without taking away the only tool most of us have to see where we are in regards to our damage output (remember, only PC players have access to combat analyzer).