Munitions Powerset WIP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AtomicWarfare, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Makineko Committed Player

I like the idea of new powers, however having looked at the 3 the best by a mile imo is Atomic (or whatever they choose to call it). Serums I wouldn't like to pass judgement on till more details or images emerge but Munitions just sounds underwhelming.

If I wanted to play a game with guns where I could be a support role I'd play Battlefield, it just doesn't clock as a power in my book. Tech yes due to the likes of Batman amongst others but if you're running around with guns and ammo that just makes you a bog standard soldier/mercenary/gangster. Maybe it's just me but as a Troller I'm disappointed with the idea. Heck I could be wrong and it could be amazing, well see.
  2. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

There will be fantastic visual effects.

[IMG]
  3. Trial 1 New Player

It's to be based off of Sgt. Rock so, I would have expectations that the visuals would be...based off of Sgt. Rock.

When I think of that war hero stomping about the battlefield, I think of yellow, orange, red, and....

[IMG]

... bad ***!
  4. Trial 1 New Player

Sgt. Rock says, "Hey you, c'mere and get to know me a little better!".
  5. Makineko Committed Player

If I'm honest I've never even heard of Sgt Rock before :oops: More a Manga then a comic reader so my knowledge of lesser known hero's isn't good

my grammar at 3am though :eek:
  6. AtomicWarfare New Player

So I hear atomic animations are already in the game.
  7. Blue Hound New Player

Think of Sgt. Rock as a War Hero with the accuracy of Hawkeye (but with Guns & Grenades), the Martial Arts prowess of Batman (taken down about 2 notches), & the durability of Captain America.
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Broke my nda to show some munitions wip.
  9. Stalker Prime New Player

Those Predator gifs just make me have to say it.

I want munitions to have a power called 'I ain't got time to bleed'.
  10. Impulsively Committed Player

The Soldier archetype from Champions Online. That'd be good enough for me. That was the only free powerset I really liked from that game.
  11. GLJett New Player

I can't wait for Munitions. This power will remind of the military and I can finally create an actual soldier/hero :)
  12. RogerBlack Committed Player

JUST A FEW IDEAS FOR THE MUNITIONS POWERSET

Personally, if I were creating this power set, here’s a few powers I would suggest the Devs include for a Munitions Troller…..

First, I would split Munitions into 2 categories of ‘Power Trees’:

- Pyrotechnics: (Can cause disorientation & damage)
    - Projectiles: (Can be thrown at an enemy)

[IMG]

PYROTECHNICS TREE

Smokescreen
    - Stun Move For Crowd Control.
    - Deploy smoke canisters that Panic victims with Terror.
    - Provides possible power interactions with Mental.

Flashbang
    - Provides Instant Power
    - The air around you flashes with an explosive Power discharge.
    - Restores Power to the 3 most fatigued group members.

Barrage
    - Long-Range Explosive AOE.
    - The air around your target flashes with aerial explosions to cause heavy damage.
    - This is also a Healing Debuff.

Mystic Molotov
    - AOE Attack
    - ‘Battle Balloons’ filled with Mystic Chemicals that get tossed at targets.
    - Acid-like substance incinerates enemies within the area of the Liquid Explosion.
    - Provides power interactions with Sorcery & Celestial.

Powder Blast
    - Short-Range Explosive Attack.
    - This is also a Precision Debuff.
    - Provides power interactions with Powder Burn.
    - Powder Blast causes more damage if enemies are previously affected by Powder Burn.

Powder Burn
    - Enemies are targeted with a Dry Powder substance.
    - This is also a Damage Debuff.
    - Provides power interactions with Powder Blast.

Countermeasures
    - An EMP that discharges a high-intensity burst of energy to stun enemies & cause damage.
    - Provides possible power interactions with Electric & Quantum.
    - This is also a Health Debuff.

Warbird
    - Deploys a Flying Quadcopter Drone to assist in battle.

PROJECTILES TREE

Hoist
    - A Troller ‘Pull’ Move.
    - Ensare a target in a ‘makeshift pulley’ to damage, stun & pull it towards you.
    - Restores power to all group members over time (POT).

Slingshot
    - A Troller ‘Push’ Move.
    - Powerful ‘catapult effect’ that damages, stuns & launches 1-3 enemies away from you.
    - This is also a Defense Debuff.

Bioshock
    - A Long-range, single-target attack.
    - Taser attack that fires thin wires at a target to deliver an electric shock.
    - Restores power to all group members over time (POT).

Nerve Pellets
    - Stun Move for Crowd Control.
    - Fires pellets of toxic nerve gas that explode upon contact & paralyzes the target for (x) seconds.

Cold Caliber
    - Temporarily summons a shoulder-mounted cannon.
    - This rapid-fire weapon fires shards of ice at your target to cause heavy damage.
    - Provides power interactions with Ice Powers.

Smart Mine
    - AOE Attack
    - Deploys mine/s that roam forward for (x) seconds to seek out enemies & attach itself to them.
    - Can detonate up to 3 different enemies.
    - Provides power interactions for electric & fire.

Caltrops
    - Mid Range, single-target attack.
    - Toss electrified ‘packs of nails’ at your enemies to inflict damage.
    - Provides power interactions with Electric & Gadgets.

Block and Tackle
    - Perform a quick series of Melee moves that deploys a ‘Group Shield’ when completed.
    - These ‘Hand-to-Hand’ Close Combat Moves resemble a mix of street-fighting & kickboxing.
    - i.e. quick flurry of Punches, Jabs, Hooks, Kicks, Elbows, Knees or even Headbutts.

Hopefully they will get some ideas, or find these suggestions useful.

Cheers!
    • Like x 1
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

My only idea is for controlling. The recharge should be called Reload and the animation be throwing box for people to run over for more power. Kind of how divine light works for celestial. This will make it the most unique controller class for sure.