Am I wrong for being upset about this?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by JusticeGirlCeleste, Jan 13, 2015.

1. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Ok so check it out.. A couple of weeks ago I'm hanging out in the magic wing when this female toon runs up to me and sends me a tell. "Can I join your league?". My league being the Justice Girls, obviously.. So as quickly as my fingers can type with a controller, I reply "absolutely, just give me a few seconds."

Well.. In those few seconds, I ran to get a drink and came back. She was nowhere to be found. I sent her a league invite. "This player is already in a league". Interesting.. She wasn't tagged a few moments ago. She then ignored any tells I sent her asking what happened, so finally I gave up and went about my business..

I then began to notice that I was seeing A LOT of low level toons running around with the league name "GirlsOfJustice".. Curious, I looked them up on the census and scrolled down to find their leader.. Lo and behold, their leader was none other than the player that asked to join the Justice Girls.. This was clearly a blatant ripoff of the real JG and I couldn't help but be just a little upset about it.. I mean, I know people say "imitation is the highest form of flattery" but holy crap, it was like a slap in the face!

Am I wrong for being mad?
    • Like x 7
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I'd be more than a little irritated.

But then I'd realise I have bigger things to worry about (like where the hell are my pants?) and move on.
    • Like x 11
  3. dngnb8 Devoted Player

I wouldnt care. The onlu issue I see is if they start screwing people over in order to blow your leagues rep too.
    • Like x 1
  4. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I give 'em a week...It'll all work out in the end.
    • Like x 2
  5. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

I hope so. Last I checked they have 268 members so clearly there are no standards in place at all which is whatever. But still..
    • Like x 1
  6. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

The only real reason to be mad is if it effects your League somehow.
    So the real question is, does this event effect your League at all? Or will it all most likely be forgotten in a week?
    • Like x 1
  7. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

Eh, I would be irritated, but the only thing that'd get me is pretty much what dngnb8 said. If they start giving your own league a bad rap there might be an issue but overall I don't see it being something to be concerned about.
    • Like x 2
  8. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

That's just it.. I worry that some players may mistake them for us and get a bad taste in their mouth if something happens. Hopefully most people will be able to differentiate between that league and us but I guess the main thing is the fact that they clearly got the name from us. Which any other time wouldn't bother me at all if it weren't for the fact that the one that created the league had literally just asked to join the Justice Girls and then minutes later decided to create a league based on us.. It's flattering to a degree but it still seems sort of disrespectful..
    • Like x 2
  9. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

I wish them the best either way. But it's the simple fact that I had just been asked by their leader.. If it was just a random coincidence it wouldn't bother me. But it clearly wasn't.. Idk.. Just had to throw it out there.
  10. Blue Hound New Player

It's funny cause I just came back yesterday & I've seen a lot of them.
    • Like x 1
  11. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Yeah it's outrageous
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

You could assume that the person is a "No English" person.
    • Like x 1
  13. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Somebody's ninja recruiting...They probably don't even play with each other and all just came off the Brainiac ship...
    • Like x 3
  14. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

That's exactly right for the vast majority of them. To be honest I don't even know if all if the members are female characters :0
  15. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

You have every right to be irritated. I hate pretenders or people who copy another person.
    • Like x 3
  16. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

Pardon me, but what is Ninja recruiting?
  17. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Inviting without asking / discussing it with the person being invited.

Essentially, you're running around minding your own business and all of a sudden a league (or group, or trade) invite pops up. If the timing is right (or wrong...depending on your pov), the invite pops up just as you're pressing "x" to do something. Tada....you're now in a league.

Or the league is full of people with "ninja" in their character name.
    • Like x 4
  18. Blue Hound New Player

I should probably make a separate thread for this, but it came to mind while reading posts here.

What is this app I keep hearing/reading about? DCUO Live or something? Where you can look up players.
  19. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

DCUOLive
    wavedox
    DCUOBlog

They're "just" sites that allow you to access the DCUO census data in a more user friendly manner. They allow you to search for characters / leagues and then view various bits of information / data about them.
    • Like x 2
  20. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Yeah.. It's good or bad depending on the situation.. For instance.. I queued up for a LnW raid. Keep in mind I've run it several times and solo healed w little to no issues whatsoever considering I only have 61sp 110cr celestial healer.. Got into LnW. The raid happened to be at the final boss fight. Some yahoo there was on the census. Looked me up and saw my apparently unacceptable number of SP aaaaaand, before I ever got a chance to play, I was kicked..

Thus I started a thread in another thread explaining why
    SP are very helpful but by no means are essential to effectively run ANY content the game offers..
    • Like x 7