PvP armor for the Freebies (F2P)

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by DarkChaosReign, Jan 12, 2015.

1. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

This gear level is actually in the game still. If you had some PvP gear of the lowest level before the new season launched, it converted into something like this. But it's worthless. I deleted it from the characters who had some. The imaginary gear you get just from the buffs going into the arena does the same thing. That's why there's nothing for sale anymore at this level--no one needs to buy it.

There is only a very small difference between the free gear you get automatically buffed to and the T1 PvP gear. Maybe the game could add a T0.5 that was partway between the imaginary gear and T1, and then you could put mods into it too. But it wouldn't be worth buying. Even free players would just be throwing away their MoV for a very minimal gain. I could argue that's actually a step backwards in the area you're trying to improve. Some players would buy it, see no significant gain, and think that buying PvP armor is a scam.
  2. Blue Hound New Player

Then what's the point of buying pvp gear then? Just duels & scrimmage? Lord knows Open World is dead now.
  3. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

The T1 and up PvP gear is useful. All the way up at CR100, the difference in stats is enough you can see the impact on the match scoreboard.

But going from the T0 imaginary gear to T1 is not a big jump, and people don't have to pay for the T0 stuff at all. The game does a really bad job of communicating this to players. But the way it actually works is fine. There's a serious in-game description problem here, but not a gear one.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkChaosReign New Player

But then what do F2P's do with their MoV's then? I doubt a lot of newbies will know how to convert it, plus it converts to very little MoT's. Rather than have it stay there like an itch on the back, have them use it on something.