PvP armor for the Freebies (F2P)

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by DarkChaosReign, Jan 12, 2015.

1. DarkChaosReign New Player

Now I know that the recent update made it that those without armor will get stat boosts to the minimum requirements in Arenas. That's fine and dandy, but I want to at least see F2P at least try some PvP armor before thinking of throwing at least 5 USD to get that cash limit increase.

My suggestion: Bring back T0 (Avatar Bombardier). I'm aware that it has some love and hate relationships with some people, but with bringing that back, F2P's will at least won't get slaughtered as quick, especially in PvP worlds. But for the sake of consistency, each part of the gear will cost 1.5k (Since Aeronaut+ cost 2k each).

Opinions are certainly welcomed, but do keep the hate low. My thanks.
  2. SweeetLou Active Player

Im a little confused about what your trying to get across.
    Why would you want armor if your stats are being boosted?

Avatar gear in open world is pretty much no gear when you're up against full elemental, gotham

I think you answered your own question, go in arenas.
    and if your worried about your opponent still being overgeared, get a buddy, strip naked and scrimm
  3. Cavistus New Player

so I just reached level 30. am I getting this right? I have to buy premium to get access to the already welfare tier Pvp gear? i'm big on world Pvp, so this kind of kills it for me... is this not the very definition of pay to win? sure, people would outgear me regardless, but with this I can't even get my feet wet. that's... actually really disheartening.
    • Like x 1
  4. KawaiiRyan New Player

Nothing in life is free.
  5. DarkChaosReign New Player

Even with that stat boost, they're still very easily beatable in Arenas. They can't event dent Logistics very easily. With said Avatar gear, they wouldn't need to gang up on that one guy with good gear. Although some tweaks on the Avatar gear would be necessary as well.
  6. SweeetLou Active Player

Counter your opponent and you will win

I've won 75% + of my duels on a brand new character before i got my first set.
  7. SweeetLou Active Player

The stat boost stop except for life and something else once you get your first gear.. so its like wearing avatar gear, but it might be even higher in stats
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The stat boost is based on characters wearing entry level PvP gear with their bottom two rows of their weapon trees filled in.
  9. SweeetLou Active Player

Well there you go Dark, make what you will of that.
  10. Buckley Loyal Player

in other words, NO, F2P should not be as competitive in PvP as someone that has payed to win, er, I mean play
  11. DarkChaosReign New Player

Like I said, I know that the boost makes it helpful to beat people, but I feel like F2P's really should get a chance to get PvP gear. I know for sure they won't drop all the PvP gear prices to 1.5k, or they'll lose money. With that Avatar gear, F2P's will at least have some better incentive to do PvP more often.
  12. Owl Devoted Player

It takes money to maintain the game and servers. It takes money to develop new content.

In the article below, John Smedley is quoted "roughly speaking 96 percent of people don't ever pay you a dime":
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/john-smedley-interview

A free account that has not spent any money is not a customer.
    The definition of a customer is someone who buys goods or services from a business.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/customer
    The definition of freeload is to get or ask for things from people without paying for them.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freeload
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkChaosReign New Player

What does this have to do with my suggestion? I only ask for one PvP gear for F2P's to give better incentive to get into PvP, not reduce the price of all of them.

And if you believe such a thing, might as well make DCUO P2P-only again and boot all the F2P's.
  14. SweeetLou Active Player

It's five bucks man.. most people make that in less than half an hour.
    if you like the game so much, invest in it.
  15. Blue Hound New Player

I'm a returning player & from what I understand (and see), Open-World pvp is dead now. Why? Idk. I don't even see players on that server anymore, only the occasional villain outside of the Midtown Nightclub. I used to live in the pvp phase & seeing it completely empty is what's disheartening. So, you aren't missing anything.

I was even told that when making new characters the option to create a toon on the pvp server isn't even available anymore & that you can't switch to the pvp phase (or you don't learn about it, something like that) until you reach level 10—which makes the pvp phase of the open-world even more empty.
  16. SweeetLou Active Player

If you're a hero there are always people dueling in the watchtower.
    for open world.. go to star labs.
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Not sure if they're still there but for a long time there were people over on a rooftop near metro general.
  18. Blue Hound New Player

Yea, they are long gone. I quit playing around the time Red Lantern powers came out so about 8 months ago. That used to be the hangout spot for heroes & villains. It's deserted now.

I'm not necessarily looking for duels. I just want activity on the pvp server. You know, random villains flying around, nightclub/PD raids, ganks, etc. There are literally NO people in the pvp phase. lol
  19. SweeetLou Active Player

Like i said... go to starlabs
  20. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

No, you don't buy anything. Just go into the arenas. Your gear will be buffed as if you had basic PvP gear on. You don't need to own any PvP gear at all. The only things to buy from a PvP vendor are a PvP breakout trinket and Soder Coler Infinite, which are both cheap.