The Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Amanda Bailey, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

That's understandable. I'm happy they're trying to please their audience to the fullest, but it seems like they had no other choice stating how they couldn't do it without the crew they currently have. It truly is a shame this series is coming to an end but mostly that's how EVERY tv show is these days. There's always something new and better on the television... It's why I try to stay away from it! :mad:

I hope the final episodes go out with a bang!
    • Like x 1
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I usually just look up the season an episode online ie: legend of korra book 4 episode 8 and there are a number of sites that have that particular episode. It really sucks you and your family have to wait!
  3. Octantis New Player

Yeah it'd be nice if streaming on the official Nick site was blocked in our country. Ah well. Less than a month and that won't be a problem! Mwahahaha.

#moving
    • Like x 1
  4. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Zhu Li....Zhi Li.....I think I love Zhu Li
    [IMG]
    Manly tears were shed

EDIT: Sorry that was a massive spoiler, picture changed
    • Like x 2
  5. Grid Ion Committed Player

Best anime ever ! Korrasami <3

I am just sad thats its all over now and the creators won't be making more from the Avatar universe :(

P.S. Zaheer is a beast ! Probably the strongest bender in the entire avatar universe.
    • Like x 1
  6. Blue Hound New Player

A beast? Definitely. The strongest bender in the Avatar Universe? Not by a long shot. Tenzin was destroying Zaheer until the other 2 jumped in & helped him, leading to a 3 v 1 where Tenzin eventually lost.

Zaheer was literally running the entire fight & Tenzin was giving him "dat werk". It was clear that Tenzin was the superior bender & Zaheer knew this. Zaheer is just very knowledgeable in the teachings & culture of the Air Nomads & is an adept martial artist. That's how he was able to effortlessly Airbend when he got his powers. What really made Zaheer look like such a beast is the fact that he learned how to fly, which he could only achieve after his girlfriend died. Any Airbender can do this, but one must first "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind." Forget about everything in this world that you care about & hold dear just do you can fly? No one wants to do that. lol

That said, if Tenzin can beat Zaheer, I'm certain Aang can & all the Avatar's prior. Korra probably could with more self confidence & experience under her belt. Idk about Toph since Zaheer learned how to fly at the end & she's blind. Zuko would likely give him a run for his money though, as well as King Bumi. Kuvira would be a good match up & I'm sure Amon would win (dat Blood Bending).
    • Like x 3
  7. Grid Ion Committed Player

Nope. That fight is before this scene

After this scene where you can see that zaheer could fly. I am going to provide you with an explanation.

Zaheer reached a new mastery of airbending, and is able to bend the air around him. He reached spiritual enlightenment and is no longer bound by the physical laws of the earth. He's "voidbending", having lost his earthly connections and stuffs.

Now obviously it is an airbending skill, so it does require airbending, but there is more to it than just airbending. Guru Laghima's quote
    "Let go of your earthly tether, Enter the void, Empty and become wind." is basically saying that in order to enter the void, one must let go of all things that connected them to the physical world. Just like the last chakra for Aang to master the Avatar State. For Zaheer, the only thing that was connecting him to the world was P'Li. When P'li died, he had no reason to stay bound by any earthly connections, thus entering the void which is apparently flight.

Tenzin himself said that he thought Laghuma's Flight was just a legend. Tenzin later clarified and said Zaheer unlocked ancient Airbender powers, so it's probably something that wasn't done for thousands of years until Laghima and then again until Zaheer. Besides, I don't think Zaheer was actually airbending. I think he just actually became one with the wind. A very advanced form of bending known as 'voidbending'. Even Tenzin himself was impressed by Zaheer's ability to fly. Tenzin or any other bender has nothing on Zaheer after he unlocked that last Chakra of bending.

P.S. Zaheer can also enter the spirit world.
  8. Blue Hound New Player

All the details you mentioned, I was already aware of, as they were said in the show & more or less implied with my post, minus the stuff about Voidbending. It's not Voidbending. It's literally just flying, which is a skill of Airbending (bending the air) that requires no hand movements. "Enter the void" is not to be taken literally. Entering the void is a state of mind. Not a state of bending. Entering the void, as we both have pointed out, is to release your earthly tether, yada yada, things you care about (in short). You are no longer connected to the Earth, you are one-with-wind, you can fly. Again, as we both pointed out, Zaheer's GF was that tether.

"Voidbending" as you call it, is not canonical. Basically, it's fan made if to be taken seriously. Amongst forum-goers & fans of the show, Airbending is sometimes referred to as such since, in the Chinese culture, "air" is not an element (the Avatar show is largely based off Chinese values, ideas, etc). The only elements a majority of Chinese cultures recognize are earth, water, fire, metal, & wood. Also, a lot of fans like to speculate that "Voidbending" would be a cool sub-class for Airbending since every other element has one or more — i.e. fire > lightning > combustion / water > healing > blood / earth > metal > lava. Voidbending was never mentioned in the show, it's not real.

That said, Tenzin did say that he was impressed by Zaheer's ability to fly & that it hand't been done for a thousand years, however, you're exaggerating the usefulness of the skill. Just because you can fly doesn't take you up 1000 notches in Airbending skill nor does it increase the potency of said Airbending. It just means you can fly, which makes you a litter harder to hit (maybe, depending on who you're fighting) & allows you more mobility. Again, it doesn't make your Airbending stronger & it's quite clear that Tenzin's ACTUAL SKILL with Airbending is far superior to Zaheer's. Like I said, Zaheer's GF died, so he was able to let go of his earthly tethers. If Tenzin's family died (ALL of them), I guarantee Tenzin could do the same. And how does entering the spirit world help Zaheer's bending quality? It just means he can enter the spirit world. It doesn't make him stronger.

My stance on who can & who probably can beat Zaheer remains firm.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I wanted Toph to rattle Kuvira.
    it is hinted that Toph can Lavabend due to when she was cooking her soup, she had not started a Normal fire.
    it was glowing but it seemed liquid-esque under her cauldron.
    but I'll settle for the fact that she trucked a squad of earth benders and mechs with her earthbending.

but it was good to see Kuvira be a formidable bender who took on Zaheer in book three and was getting the upper hand on him.
    And a to see a master metal bender be a villain was pretty cool.

I hated how weak they made Kya seem.

Tenzin wtfroflstomped Zaheer.
    Then he poisoned Korra and almost beat her because of exhaustion and the poison.

I liked how Jinora had the Jesus moment of Avatar in Season 2 when she restored Raava while inside the Unavaatu entity.
    and seeing Giant Spirit Korra fight was beast.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dynagirl Committed Player

I wish they gave Korra an "It" moment in this last book. A moment where you go "Thats why she's the Avatar". If I could I would redo the mech fight. Asami and her father seemingly die while trying to cut through the armor. This causes Korra to freak out and do something no one else could, Platinum Bend outside of the avatar state. This ability proves too new and drains her but, not before wreaking the robot and breaking through the opening Asami provided. She fights Kuvira with killing intent and it is so one sided in favor that its almost scary. The mech blows up and Korra is about to end Kuvira's reign of terror when Asami stops her telling Korra that isn't who she is. Asami reveals that she was ejected the last moment because of her fathers intervention. Korra so relieved she alive she doesn't see Kuvira's attack. Kuvira escapes and it plays out like the original ending from there. There you go, she has her it moment and it helps drive home the Korrasami ending. Speaking of which almost a month out and the art still flows like a mighty river.:D
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Damn it they are too adorable. :p
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have ordered the first two Books, third Book gets released later this month so will get it next month
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just found out there is a game, but apparently it's not very good :(
  13. Blue Hound New Player

That game is awesome. The $15 one, right?
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No idea, just saw a review of it and the reviewer didn't have much good to say about it
  15. Yui Loyal Player

The game is not that bad. It gave me some challenge. The storyline is decent.

I just wish there was more to the combat system because you're mostly just gonna be doing counters on boss fights. Attacks don't really do much damage on bosses. The Avatar State is awesome though.

Also, Probending mode is good too.
    • Like x 2
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hanguri: that's why said "apparently it's not very good", said that as a warning for others, it wasn't just some random dude on youtube, but an IGN review, and yeah, didn't agree with the reviewer, specially when they were complaining how you couldn't start off with Korra's full final abilities, that was mostly just to let others know that a game exists and the review wasn't terribly flash

Played a game years ago, similar sort of thing as Avatar (abilities based on the four elements), you start off with either nothing or just the very basic attack of one element, and as you progress through the game you learn and acquire other attacks and abilities until you have all four elements and the knowledge required to switch between them as needed for the final Boss.
    If had the chance to get this game, even if it did suck water-balls through a used diaper, would still play it
    • Like x 1
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The "thing" Zhu Li, the "thing"!
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't that one, can't remember the name (certainly wasn't "Project: Eden", which had a similar idea, wherein you learnt how to play as you progressed, and, unlike most games, your characters didn't level up or get 'better', actually one of only a handful {as in literally can count on two hands} of games completed)

You play as a female and you have a little gargoyle 'helper', the gargoyle turns out to be more than he appears near the end
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It wasn't a Japanese game, but it was for the PS2
    At the end, she is beside her boyfriends bed in a hospital, and it kinda gave the impression that there could be a sequel with the boyfriend
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was it! :D
    Sure glad didn't watch that review prior to playing, as that guy was an idiot! His voice was making me too bored to care, or even want to live much longer!

Heh, guess we should take this to another thread or something :p
    • Like x 1