GU 43: Nature Fauna Advanced Mechanic

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well if you are going to factor in knockback as well Primal Uppercut will only knockback on the hold and the second hit only possible if the combo completes. The combo can't be 3 taps, hold, hold as there is a combo with 3 taps, hold already. At best it would have to be 4 taps, hold, hold. Animation-wise transitioning from the 3 tap, hold attack (forget the name) would be awkward to pull off. The 3 tap, hold is also a clippable alternative now and would be lost if it were required to be hold (thus likely channel) I would actually like 4 taps, hold, hold as I have clipped too early with Primal Uppercut and usually miss the second hit. It would still give you same vulnerability windows but not tweak another attack.

I am not against it just trying to bring all of the facts to the discussion that were not mentioned in your post.
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

I think 3 tap 2 hold makes sense. It just means Prinal Uppercut is extended from Double Slash and gets the damage balanced between the two hits. Blocking one of two holds is easier than blocking three taps because the aggressor gets more opportunity to react and switch to a block breaker.
  3. Lightws Dedicated Player

Maybe just, maybe, Would it be possible to make harvest give power back when it replenishes dots? The reason I am asking this question is. For when you don't have a troller it would allow the nature dps to keep the dots up and keep its power from running out completely. I think it would be the final step to maybe equalize the power potential of nature with other powers like ice and gadgets.
  4. Lightws Dedicated Player

A 3 tap Hold Hold combo wouldn't be a solution. All you would do is cause uppercut to be more deadly then it already is. Being that the 3 tap Hold is a massive stun hit that also hits as high as the first tick of uppercut. Tacking on uppercut after a stun pretty much forces the other person to just die. This is not the solution think about it.
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

Are you assuming they wouldn't rebalance the damage so the full combo did the same damage? In terms of the stun, don't many WM combos stun on the first hold?
  6. Logosight Active Player

if thats the case the damge for the tap 3 hold does not even need to be rebalanced, since it hits as hard as the first hit of the uppercut its even better as now the first hit could be removed entirely and just the second hit of it could be the new uppercut after the tap 3 hold so you could get the same damge of an upper cut into one combo.

Yes they do actually think of the DW's tap 3 hold as it has a stun also.
  7. Seth Grey New Player

EU PS4

Roar has started displaying a bug today that's very similar to Fire's Flame Cascade.
    In raids when I turn into wolf and use roar the character freezes mid animation, it can jump but no jump cancel and the animation stays that way for a long time, holding block doesn't change a thing either. Once this bug manifests all powers go into cooldown mode upon using once and they stay red for a long time.
    This happened to me twice in two raids straight and I have now removed the power from the loadout to save me the pain that has haunted me with Fire's AM. :(

Another league mate is facing the same thing and somebody in the following thread also posted about this:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/infinite-roar-bug-report.233460/
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

I've got to be honest, I'm starting to have some additional thoughts on what Nature needs for nerfs and I'm thinking this.

Wolf Primal Uppercut (PvP Nerf): Change combo to 3 tap, 2 hold. Damage balanced out in the new combo. Very slight total damage reduction from current. To do WM-level damage you should have WM-level risk against blocking.

Wolf Briar (Mostly PvP Nerf): I've changed my mind from my original thoughts here. I don't think it should give bonus burst in Wolf Form. I think the Briar Burst is Flora AM. I think SC/Roar burst is Fauna AM. I think you should be able to combine the AMs but it shouldn't give you the best of both when you combine them. Maybe that means making the SC/Roar burst just slightly stronger (not a full compensation).

Wolf Poisons (PvE Nerf): I'm going back to my original thoughts here that it's a little OP. Combining Flora AM with Fauna AM shouldn't give you the best results. It should be equal to doing Flora AM alone or Fauna AM alone. It's nice fostering additional ways to play but one way shouldn't stand out. I'm thinking SC/Roar DoTs should cancel Vine Lash DoTs and vice-versa. Maybe that means making the SC/Roar DoTs just slightly stronger (not a full compensation) . Right now Wolf 6-DoT performs about the same as Electric 5-Dot. To balance it all out, I think Quantum, Nature and Electric should be nerfed down to the same level Ice is performing at.

Keep in mind I do think Nature WM deserves a buff still.
    • Like x 1
  9. PhantomVision New Player

When we talk about balance we should keep in mind that DoTs AM like Electricity uses weapon a lot while full might based AM like Quantum doesnt.
    From your videos with Electricity , you are placing all DoTs on sparring targets then you do 2-3 times: DW> Explosive shot and refresh. Huge portion of the overall damage comes from Explosive shot, my concern is that if Electricity gets nerfed now and down the road Explosive shot get nerfed too, the final result once again wont be balance.
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

That's an excellent point.

I should try another weapon for comparison. It might not make a huge difference as my WM clipping is far from aggressive.
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

When you're not using Wolf, the weapon choice makes a bigger difference for Nature because Carnage has a precision buff to it while Wired has a Might buff. If DW is ever nerfed, it'll hurt both Elec and Nature but Nature Flora AM would be hurt more. (Videos may take a bit to finish uploading/rendering)

Electric DW vs 2H

Nature DW vs 2H
    • Like x 1
  12. PhantomVision New Player

Not a big surprise. Even the extra power regen from Arrow Storm cant justify the huge damage difference with Explosive shot.
    1H and Staff are not any close to DW either. Focused Blast and Focused Spin still being single target instead of AoE, hurt dmg a lot in PvE.

In Quantum's case Staff>Mortar, 2H> Arrow Storm will make abilities like Warped Reality to proc more reliably from weapon attacks but even with that Quantum using WM play style does more dmg with DW. There is no room for any creativity or decision making, DW was made the best dps weapon for every power set.

That being said if Explosive shot ever gets nerfed too much, most power sets' AM will exceed over their WM play styles.
    That will also be a damage lose that Rage currently wont be able to replace with anything because of how limited things are with its ranged abilities.

Best would be if Explosive shot get slightly nerfed while Arrow Storm(for 2Handed), Focused Blast (1Handed) , Focused Spin and Mortar(for Staff), Shuriken Storm and Enhanced Shuriken(MArts) and Heavy Sidearm Throw(Shield) get buffed a bit. That way all weapons can meet somewhere in the middle, at least for PvE.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.