So my DC story has ended

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by RemyRockstar, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Large Scale MMO(hardcore) vs Small scale MMO(casual), the only thing I compare is the dev team size and the results from that. If FFXIV was F2P then yes it would be enough reason for comparison.
  2. RemyRockstar New Player

I do see what you’re saying about the dev team sizes. Although DC is F2P, but does having a smaller dev team size and still charging $15 sub fee a month justify the rehashed contents? Most MMO subscriptions are roughly $15, in FFXIV it is $13. I guess you can argue that DC is F2P and you can choose to sub, but we all know it’s really not the same as being a subscriber and having the quality of life perks that come with being a sub member. I'm not trying to argue with you, just want your opinion on how DC handles their sub base and contents that they release.
    • Like x 3
  3. FiveByFive New Player

i totally support these types of posts because the devs need to know why they're losing customers... but honestly in this case you could have just said you were a long time player and you're moving on because you've tried other MMOs and seen how much more they offer for content and immersive experience. that's all you had to say. :p

good luck in FF.
    • Like x 4
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

FFXIV has rehashed much content as well with hard, extreme modes of old content as well as coming out with new content and then making hard and extreme modes for those. The difference is with DCUO yes you have over 1million players that actively play the game, that have paid $5 here and there.

However with FFXIV you have over 2million subscribers. That is 2 million players paying 13 bucks a month so their industry can afford extra developers to come out with new fresh content every 2 months while DCUO struggles at every 3 months.

DCUO had no choice but to go F2P, but legendary is not very compelling like it used to be, DLCs arent lasting more than a month, and DCUO is losing many of their Elitist due to what a FFXIV or WoW player would say "simple minded content of turn and burn".

I see many good ideas come across the forums, ideas that are within reach of the PS3's limitations, however the dev team doesnt have enough time and resources to act on them while trying to come out with a new DLC, balance powersets, and work on the new UI, which alot of people who leave the game fail to realize.
    • Like x 5
  5. Headlessdesert New Player

Actually he was somewhat constructive. You really felt that strongly you had to sum it up?
    • Like x 1
  6. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

DCUO has been the only MMO I've played so I cannot make any comparisons. I can see how someone that has put years into this game can phase out if they feel that the developers are not stepping up to their expectations (especially if they venture off or taste different water). I have only been playing DCUO for about 6 - 7 months and I absolutely love it. Will I say that in 4 or 5 years from now? Who knows...maybe, maybe not. I guess when I no longer find interest in the game and the fun factor is close to non-existent, I will move along. At the moment, this game is great. Is it the best? I doubt it, but it's good enough for me to stay around a while. I really have nothing to complain about. It is what it is. Some of these people that complain over nonsense should be placed in a time machine and sent back to the Atari days. Enjoy the game and what it offers. In your case, OP, it seems that you just don't find the enjoyment that you had at one point and are moving elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. If DCUO is no longer for you, move on and find something that you enjoy and feel less frustrated over. BTW, that's a pretty cool thing to do on your part, to give out some of your royalties. Best of luck, brotha
    • Like x 2
  7. Trial 1 New Player

That's subjective.

I felt as strongly as you felt you had to reply.
  8. ermike Committed Player

I have done the same.. my league still plays but its not the same any more.. a lot of my friends play ff and the rest play destiny with me. 4 years is a long time tho so cannot really be upset u know what I mean
    • Like x 1
  9. Headlessdesert New Player

My apologies you didn't feel strongly about his opinion. You just feel the need to be a ******. Got it
  10. Craven Green Loyal Player

I respect your candid and honest reasons for leaving DCUO. Your posting was literate and non confrontational. I will not be leaving DCUO like you but it seems like you have found what you needed from FF. As you appear to be an intelligent, nice person from your desire to give back to the community I am sorry we never met.

As to suggestions on how to distribute your amassed wealth you could engage in random acts of kindness.

Shout for help in LFG or Shout chat and choose a person, from those who respond in a helpful manner to your request, and mail a prize to them.

Ready up for low level duos and alerts and if someone from the group makes you feel that they deserve a gift, add their name and then mail them a gift after you are done explaining why they are getting the gift.

Once you update your name ask here to be given access to people's league halls and give a prize to the league hall that you think is decorated the best.

You could do the same with people's individual bases.

Take care, play well and keep up the positive attitude.
    • Like x 5
  11. Will Power Loyal Player

It's sad to see a 2011 player quit. I for one will never QUIT. As long as I have a paycheck DC is going to get their 15-120 dollars a year.

I stand with DC united in the hope for better Story line I saw some really good improvement when they brought the Wonder Woman/Circe solos such rich story line telling. That's why I'm here the story. Sure back in the day I was obsessed with getting Feat points however I could care less today do I want the feats yes do I really need them maybe.
    • Like x 3
  12. Trial 1 New Player

Nope, it was a question that you grossly misinterpreted and followed it up with an ad hominem response.

If you're going to be like that in the future, I'm asking you now to no longer communicate with me.
  13. RemyRockstar New Player

Thank you for the kind words and awesome ideas. I will definitely do a pay it forward type giveaway. I will not announce my in-game name until the second week after I subscribe. I will shout in chat for help and see who is kind enough to help me on both villain and hero side. Those who do will get some nice prizes =).
    • Like x 1
  14. RemyRockstar New Player

I can't believe they moved my thread xO
  15. Headlessdesert New Player

Apparently fair criticism of the game is off topic but if you want to praise the Devs and pretend all is well with the direction of the game fire away. Look, FFXIV is a totally different game and had a ton of backing power, but does that mean we still cannot point out good ideas other MMOs implement? The current model of this game is simple. They add a little content every quarter or so in the hopes all the casual subs will re-sub for a month to complete said content. Rinse and repeat
    • Like x 1
  16. Green Lantern New Player

I see where OP is coming from. I was also a long time subscriber. While I haven't been playing since the beginning I was in the Beta for the duration of it and didn't jump in full time until F2P rolled around. I subbed for a few years and I stopped really playing some time between HoP and WotL II. I don't remember when exactly, but I was full 108 so it was a good bit after HoP dropped.

The Destiny beta is what got me. That, and a lot of the changes to this game that I didn't agree with. Deserter penalty was the start of it. My PS3 would freeze and I'd come back with a penalty. As a paying customer, it was unacceptable. Then I'd get kicked from PUGs or see other people kicked from groups and I saw hypocrisy there that I just couldn't get around. Started playing the Destiny beta, LOVED IT and decided to give DCUO up for good. Mainly the HoP content made the decision easy, as that was some of the most boring content I had to force myself to do every day. And being a GL fan as I am, with WotL II not getting me hyped up I knew it was time to go.

Finally just deleted my toons (108 CR 178 SP Hero and 108 CR 160+ SP Villain as well as a few others) and then the app from the PS4 all together. Deleting the toons was to guarantee I never got another itch to play. And so far I haven't, as I'm really yet to see anything coming down the pike that looks remotely enticing.
    • Like x 1
  17. RemyRockstar New Player

Exactly
  18. Craven Green Loyal Player

This is a smart idea as everyone will be adding your name and hitting you up for a freebie.

I had an additional thought on how to pay it forward.
    Perhaps start a forum thread to all heroes/villains asking them to put forth the name of a friend or leaguemate that goes above and beyond the call of duty ie running anything loot locked, gives away items, helps level ppl up, helps with feats and accepts nothing in return.
    Tell them to explain exactly why this person should get a gift from you and then ask them to inbox you the name of the toon to whom they are referring. But they must do both to qualify to be considered and then you can choose from the entrants.
    It will be great to see people's accounts of great people in the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. RemyRockstar New Player

I'll definitely take that into consideration. But I could also see that back firing with people hyping up themselves to get free stuff xO. I really like the idea of the best league bass and personal base contest. That one I will do for sure.
    • Like x 2
  20. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Say hi to mesmer