Did I do something wrong?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Circe, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

You have to explain to me how exactly it is weird when guys prefer to look at a girl's behind when playing to looking at some dude's butt.
  2. iSmashly New Player

You should have just set him to ignore and moved on with your life as soon as he started flirting. Instead you played along, for what reason aside from making another thread? This is r dactyl where the "there's no girls on the Internet" and "girl is guy in real life" BS comes from. guys like yourself doing dumb crap like this.
    Set the loser to ignore and move on.
  3. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Meh...There's nothing wrong with having fun on several different levels in a video game, as long as the other person wants to have the same kind of fun...
    • Like x 4
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I hope you're not drunk again..
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

You have to watch out on Eharmony my dad messed around on it and didn't answer all the questions truthfully so he ended up with a crazy woman not the hot kinda crazy more like the stab stab kind.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

This is why i believe the unfortunate truth is that dcuo is far better than e harmony lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Me? I'm at work...But, what's wrong with being drunk?
    • Like x 2
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Not judging lol.
    just asking ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Not 'til this weekend...Then I'll be my typical mean, drunken self...The me I like!
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lol. You're far from mean when drunk :p
    And in general
    • Like x 2
  11. Black Fist Loyal Player

I laugh at myself a lot when I'm drunk. Once, I was sitting on my couch, legs up, my back to the arm and my feet resting on the opposite arm, and I was leaning into the couch. I had just bought a bottle of wine that was on sale, and it tasted like... you know those pies you buy at the store, the ones that come in the papery-plastic wrapper and are like half-circle glazed sugar-covered dough-like substance with filling inside? Well, this wine tasted just like those blackberry pies, and it was so fantastic, I had two glasses of it. Only I don't drink wine out of a wine glass, I drink it out of my regular glass. Which is more like a tankard. (Ever buy one of the tankard-things at A&W? That's what I'm talking about.) Anyway, this was the first alcohol I had every consumed at the time, and I'd had two whole tankards of it, and I was leaning into my couch, then for no reason I fell onto the floor and started laughing like crazy. I immediately called my dad and told him about the situation, and he started laughing. Then I called my mother and told her, then my sister, then my girlfriend, and we all laughed about it. Ah, good times.
    • Like x 1
  12. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Don't lie to the man! :p
    • Like x 1
  13. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Not sure I agree.

Think of it this way. When someone goes fishing, they fish in a density of potential. Someone doesnt drop a line where there is nothing to catch. What is that density in DCUO?

With all due respect to the beautiful triad we have here on the forums, young single males of the high school persuasion.

This is an under age group of people. One has to ask who is fishing for underage males? Not all are underage males to be sure. I personally am so old I fart dust. That being said, I am the exception, not the rule.

The other huge risk factor is anonymity, as Circe has exhibited so keenly in his troll post.

While there may be nothing wrong with consent, the question one has to ask is, does one understand the risks of that consent? MMO's has long been a wading pool for predatory behavior. Disney had an MMO and shut it down because of those issues.

Pedo's swim in this pool. And there is nothing Sony can do to protect people here. Remember, what you read is nothing more then what the person typing wants you to believe. Circe exhibited that as well. Pixels arent a real representation.
    • Like x 4
  14. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

That's were you are wrong. As stated before: remove chats and improve the UI to make up for it and you have a very safe MMO for your kids to play. There is absolutely no reason to have integrated chatrooms in MMOs from the point of gameplay:

- establish a broker that can handle not only buying and selling, but also trading (technically possible) -> trade chat gone.
    - establish a group building tool that allows to specify group members min and max criteria (technically possible) -> LFG gone, including the redacted "wahts your SP?" discussion, just allow SP to be within the criteria.
    - establish a league recruiting UI in a similar way to recruit and advertise for your league (there is such a tool in EQ2) -> abuse of global chats for league recruiting gone.
    - establish an UI that clearly marks mission targets, contains a feat tracker and allows team leaders to highlight the feat the group is after; also add red blinkies at the blue bar of team members running low on power when playing as a troll, red blinkies at the green bar of team members running low on health when playing as a healer and red blinkies on team members that get attacked when playing as a tank -> group chat gone.

"But what if I want to find friends in this MMO??"
    Sorry, but just is not needed for gameplay nor needed for progression in the game :D

Point is: in early times of MMOs, those used to be more complicated and relied on players passing information to other players - as devs always found a way to fail at making tutorials. Well, devs still do so it's easier for them to add some chatbox instead of a well working - and well thought - UI instead. So players of MMO ended up on a point of expecting chat tools and voice chats in an MMO. Face it: create an MMO that works without chat and is able to hold players at the game with what the game has to offer instead of pear pressure and the fear of losing contact to interesting people, and you have the first MMO safe for kids.

It's just a shame that over time the gaming industry learned how to maximize the profit with an MMO: offer as many replacements for real world "achievements" and placebo-like solutions for problems as possible in your virtual world! Obsessive–compulsive disorders? Heck, give those people an inventory to sort and stuff to collect, and as many as possible indicators that the game is "not complete" yet. Socially challenged? Give them a replacement community and a chance to be somehow important there. Out of work or very bad job with really no appreciation by superiors? Auto-gratification system and thus the strong feel to have something done sufficiently! No relationship? Hey, these games are now very attractive to female gamers at well, take your shot (and this works vice versa of course) - MMOs feed from mental illnesses of so many kinds, and I haven't even mentioned the most commonly discussed phenomenon of addiction by now, or the gambling aspect (get the cool aura in one of the Booster Bundles! No luck? buy another ;) ) - or how kids bullied in school can become cyberbullies and keyboard warriors etc. And the industry wants those games to do so - how is it easier to make money if the customer is not at his senses? It's part of the reason why "voting with the wallet" does so often not produce results for the "normal" people.

Sony could do. They just don't want. And a large part of the customers wants these games to be replacements for what they lack in real life.
    • Like x 2
  15. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

The reason I have it in my sig
    • Like x 5
  16. dngnb8 Devoted Player

No, I am not wrong. My response is based on the current environment. Your response is changing an environment. As it stands at this moment, Sony has zero control.

Anonymity is the ultimate protection of the criminal. As it stands, right now, if there are no changes, my post is correct.
  17. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

He is not a nice guy, don't reply, respond or engage him....he is a rager who will soon find himself banned
  18. Breakforce Loyal Player

I think it is weird to stare at your characters butt, regardless of gender, for hours on end apparently, but that's just me.

Anyways Circe, I rate your trolling 6/10 for this thread. Far from your finest work. Too easy to see right through.
    • Like x 2
  19. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I think I finally found your song for funhouse participation thread....will post a bit later
    • Like x 1
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Please explain to me how you expect Sony to do something that will not change anything? Your statement was:

If something needs to be done, it implies there needs to be change. By your logic, fire brigade can do nothing to stop a house from burning to the ground because using water is changing the environment?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.