does anyone else hate arguing with people?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nohealhere, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Lol I got an earth tank, and with my ae pull and help from good troll friends I got them in pretty tight, but you gotta stack them like firewood I guess. I still dont have that feat.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I hate when people ask me advice on a load out or how to mod then argue with me in ehy that's a bad choice ...

For earth tanking zone obe asked me my load out and when he saw I didn't use shards he was like why don't you use shards you can push the enemies with it... I was like why would I want to push the enemies away from me I'm the tank ... He told it helps push them away from the group ... Lol ok...

Another time I was asked hiw to mod a earth tank... Mind you not someone from the forum who knows their stuff about earth bit just some obe I kniw in game... I told him and he argued I should pick up the useless tank affinities.... They are pretty pointless ...

Boggles my mind when some who knows you and sees you get through the content without issues will argue how you're doin it wrong
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Happens to the best of us.
  4. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

The title you picked for this thread is for sure among the worst choices a thread in a forum could be titled - like if you hate arguing with people, why make an account here in the first place :D
    • Like x 2
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Given the feat in this instance, Tank should make the call...
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

idk, there's a lot of pride there that could get in the way. A lot is riding on the tank for this feat. Not only that, but most tanks like to be the last one standing or the first one down. Generally, though, I agree with you ... a tank should take charge and be the leader of the group.
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I agree and when I tank I take charge or try too....It is why when I troll I always say, Tank it is your call...LOL...
    • Like x 1
  8. Alekimsior New Player

Remember one time, in Legends PvE, that one of the players wanted to get the feats so he'd request stuff. Another player felt they were being bossed around, and sure there was some attitude issues from the requester's side, especially when we missed the 10 sec kill feat for a few secs, and he started complaining at one of the players for 'burning wrong one'. I didn't mind getting the feats, mostly run the event for the furniture, but I did cooperate.

Against the Supreme Justice, we wiped on the first attempt. I accumulated too much aggro with the rhino, during the Life In Prison feat, and couldn't shake the mobs off me. Second attempt, I didn't use any pets, and I'd just sit and block getting the burnt of the attacks. I was there blocking asking, "Kill?". Point is, that all different sentences played thru: life, community service, & death. However, during the 2nd Death sentence, the requestor killed the executioner and then gave the 'Go' to beat the boss. We finished the event, and there was bickering between the requester and another of the players. This is where I learned that to complete the feat, you need to let every single sentence run it's course.

People do tend to argue, but sometimes of those arguments good things may come out. Other times you are simply talking to walls, wishing you had sledgehammer on your paws....
  9. rival exe New Player

yes. i had an argument about how the accidental feat is random. i didn't even get to make my case because they yelled over me. i started off saying something about probabilities (can't exactly remember. this is when the content was fresh) and he interrupted me saying "you just said it was random now you're saying it's probabilities get your story straight". i was so annoyed with his stupidity i actually yelled at him for not even letting me finish my sentence and then i muted him. that's actually the only time i've yelled at someone over a video game from genuine frustration. i just really hate when people in this game that don't understand how randomness and probability work start complaining or saying stupid crap because of it....:)
  10. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

I actually like arguing sometimes.It makes for good stress release plus usually I'm in an optimistic mood so I like the moment of rivalry.I also like seeing who gets the last word.If at the end I'm put in my place (I lose the argument or w.e.) then you have my respect and possibly my ignore depending on how you do it,in the opposite shoes however...I mean come on who doesn't enjoy those next five minutes of checkmate satisfaction?Especially if the other person was a real jerk ya know?Ironically I'm not a condescending person I just occasionally have a strong sense of injustice.Often times I care less about stuff. :I
  11. Fightingbudha New Player

Not a big fan of arguing ever myself. I'd much rather let you continue screwing yourself over than waste my time arguing if they don't hear reason. Some people are very insecure and are more worried about being right than about accomplishing the task at hand.

Having said that I did have a little war of words in love and war. The healer didn't want to block on carol ferris because others would go down and demanded he got picked up every time, After we wiped once he started checking people's neck pieces for fortified blocking. I am not going to say it can't help, but it is not needed. He said everyone needed to have fortified blocking and that's why we wiped. In this particular instance I found myself a few " soder cola dous Equis" in the bag and let him know he might be the dumbest guy on the planet.