Holiday Bonus Promotions For PC and PlayStation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I got emails two days, but no third. Just 25% both days. I guess my free slim black aura used up my luck for the year. :p
  2. Mr.Me New Player

PS4 you have to pay to be able to connect to the internet same as xbox, DCUO is an exception to that rule but I play DCUO on PC so im not very interested in playing it on a console that's inferior to my pc... The point I was making is that xbox even with all the restrictions that where built into it offers individuals more control and a larger stable of options as to what the hardware is "allowed," to do. PS offers you the opportunity to fund PS at every turn while locking you out of anything that isn't official Sonny basically. Is my PS Vita cool? Sure, but a tablet PC is cooler and more functional. Sony is becoming the pager of the new millennium imo.

I never knocked any of those things, if you put this game in a bubble and only compare it to it self then yeah they do a more than adequate job. How ever the game doesn't exist in a vacuum, and the path the devs have chosen treks away from where I would like to go and it been made pretty clear that there is no interest in creating content for anyone but the people who enjoy the current content model.

Ultimately this game isn't RPG enough for me to stay interested, and there's no interest in it becoming more RPG it seems. As a theme park MMO its fine but the experiences it provides a player like me is shallow and redundant.

How many times have things been recycled, re skinned, reworked, reused, and rearranged to create the illusion of progress? So that the market can see a little bump in sales this month. Mean while the truth is your basically doing the same thing from CR 30 - CR 110+ you just with a different number for your tier... There's a difference in making things more complicated and improving them, DCUO tends to do the former imo. Sigh,.. the effort going to writing this just isn't worth it. There's new Super MMO's coming out soon enough time to look to the horizon IDC anymore, I'm done, not even gonna spell check. :D

• Like x 1
  3. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Hate to say it, but this was a pretty bunk Holiday from DCUO when compared to the past years. So far we saw:
    -No 50% off sale.
    -No free month of Legendary (which I've never seen as I'm always subbed anyways lol.)
    -No free Holiday Trinket Exclusive (I enjoy the 25th Century Skeets, and Tom Bot, was hoping a Bat Mite was next.)
    -Happy Holidays from DCUO was a Free Aura (Cool, I bought up all 12 thinking they were exclusive like the past 2 years, and they were "Legendary Members are the only ones who get them gifts" like the past 2 years, then they put the auras onto the Marketplace. Wish they'd had told us that when they first released them or given us the free one alongside releasing them, but oh well.)
    -Was hoping after all the "Batman's 75th Anniversary" stuff we heard about this year we'd have see something like a style(s) for Batman or something....but just 2 Legends skins that are reskins of my OG Legends Batman, no new moves, just reskins. Neato, but I wish we'd have seen the Inspired Cowl get a Reskin like how the OG Legends Batman, and the Plasmic and Nimbus Aura Exclusives got reskinned.
    -A PSN hack that left many of us not able to really log in or play for a few days.
    -Stat Clamping which many (not all) but many of us aren't really a fan of.

All in all, grateful for what we did get, but it seemed like this year was far less exciting than the past years.
    • Like x 2
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Hi. Devil's advocate here. These weren't holiday so much as anniversary things. Just sayin ;)
  5. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Really? I thought they were holiday gifts. I could have sworn that the free month for people who used to be Legendary was in December, and recall it being during that time when I got my 25th Century bot and my Tom Bot was in December for being subbed as Legendary already and got those instead of the free month.

My 1st Year Anniversary Cape, 2nd Anniversary Cake and Fireworks, and 2 Identical 3rd Year Posters I could have sworn I got mid January as their Anniversary gift.
  6. Sufficiencies New Player

Will there be a New Years sale for PS3?
    I would like to buy stuff if there is a sale, if not then no worries, another sale
  7. Spector Knight New Player

I got the same response.

I didn't get any email at all, it's not in my spam filter, and I'm opted in. All I get is 'the promotion is over and there's nothing we can do", even after I explained that I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE PROMOTION and all I want is for someone to make sure that the mailer is working properly and to send me a verification email to make sure the system is working properly.

If something as simple as sending a verification email is 'nothing we can do', SOE's customer service department should review its' hiring standards.
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

Not true. The Anniversary gift last year was a poster for you base. The christmas gift was the tombot.

9. Will Power Loyal Player

I prefer the Vita to a Touch pad. I tried playing a simple game like Sonic The Headgehog on a Touch pad and I could even get Sonic to beat boss one. i prefer buttons to a touch screen period.

Vita has everything I want except a good Camera to take pictures. If sony added the L2 and R2 buttons to the Vita I'd play DCUO more on it for the screen share.

Honestly if I were in Charge on Christmas eve you would get 75% off on all year one content in the Marketplace. 50% off on all year 2 content from the Market place and 25% off year 3 Content from the Market place. There would also be Seasonal content for Base/League hall that you could buy from the Market Place. Christmas year one base items would be added to the Market place. The price of these would be like 25-50 cents for each item per purchase. There would be a group purchase for 1 entire list of base items.(Not able to pop the feat though).
  10. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I also did not receive an email on this :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.