Holiday Bonus Promotions For PC and PlayStation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Power Loyal Player

It's not about how much you save. It's how much you support the game your playing.

I have been supporting this game for almost 4 years. I own every DLC Every Legends Character minus Deathstroke which a friend in the Clockwork Orange gave me a Christmas gift of a 10 dollar PSN code so I bought Deathstroke with it. I love DC Universe Online so much I spend 1500 a year just to go to SOE LIVE. Just getting to hang with the Devs is a serious honor and privilege.

I respect these guys so much I'd buy them coffee for a whole year.
  2. Darkhawk Well-Known Player

Still nothing here. Sent in a ticket.
    • Like x 1
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

I haven't received any emails either. Nor was there anything said it was this weekend outside this thread. If you're going to have a promotion please make sure people know about it and it works properly.
    • Like x 1
  4. David Darwin New Player

Thank you very much to the people who actually sent in tickets about this. I received a response to the ticket I opened saying that they're looking into why some people didn't receive the emails, so obviously they're aware of it.

To the people who did not open tickets but posted messages saying they didn't get the emails - when something like this happens in the future (anything like this, even if it's happening in your "actual life"...), please don't just assume you were "unlucky", that it was a "lack of planning" on some someone else's part, or that it was done on purpose. Assume none of those things were the case and proceed accordingly. Do something about it, and then give people a chance to "make it right".

Despite what so many people seem to think, no for-profit company wants to make its customers unhappy. You need to let them know.
    • Like x 3
  5. Phill Committed Player

Has everyone that said they did not receive an e-mail check their spam folder? I myself check my e-mails every morning and missed them all. :( They are being released around lunch their time and are already expired by the time I get on. o_O
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Yep didnt got my 3rd too. Wrote a ticket and hope to get an answer "soon".

Just want to know if the 3rd was a triple sc code otherwise don't care anyway. ^^
  7. HiggletyPigglety New Player

Is it any wonder why a mass email with text like, "GET EXTRA BONUS CASH REDEEM PROMO NOW", was immediately rejected by email servers?
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

The Promotion is over, I didn't get a single E-Mail (checked my spam-folder, too) and no reply from the support yet. :(
  9. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

No emails here, inbox or spam. Sent ticket with no response so far. I sent the ticket mainly to make sure my email is still working.

Everything on my SOE account page is/has been in order for 4+ years, and I regularly receive SOE and Sony emails; so I am curious where's the hiccup. Mepps said rewards were random, not emails. I'm not concerned about rewards, just the line of communication.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr.Me New Player

I'm a reflective personality type so with me you get what you give for the most part. In this case when I consider what I have contributed to the game vs what I have gotten back from the game for me the former always comes out a head. I don't mean for it to sound like I'm bashing the Dev's cause I'm not, but I'm also not going to sugar coat how I feel either. I'm a beta tester and full time legend as well ect...

When it gets right down to it though I've spent more and got less with Sony than I have with any developers / brand I've used in the last 15 years of gaming. That's just an honest comparison of my experiences not an insult. Sony is very anti player generated content and pro micro transactions they admit that. I personally find that philosophy leaves me playing games and consoles that feel shallow. My PS 4 wont even read a usb stick unless I format it in PS format, it only works with Sony products and services basically... An Xbox one or 360 would link with most of my devices and PC wireless, ect... Sony dose whats good for their business and I'm not upset at them for that but I'm not jumping to support them any more either.

To clarify I didn't need this sale my acc has plenty of SC but I was gonna charge more for no other reason than to support the game, but I didn't get double or triple. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. kemj25 New Player

I sent in a ticket to, but it hasn't received a response yet.

I'm paranoid and triple checked to make sure everything was in order, and it should be. Yet, still no email. I hope we can get the promotional stuff retroactively since it's over now.
  12. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

My ticket response indicated that sometimes emails get "bounced back" and after a few "bounce backs" the "system" will remove you from the emailing list. I think I "understand" now. Oh well, no big thing.
  13. David Darwin New Player

If that's what happened, that's their problem, not yours. If you received an email about your support ticket, that means their system is able to send you emails. If you didn't receive the promotional emails, that means their system did something wrong. You contacting them and letting them know you didn't get the messages is sufficient. If they can see that the emails were "bouncing" (and there will be record of it), that should be all the proof they need, and they should do something to make up for it.

I've worked in web development and know that sometimes emails can disappear without a trace - especially mass emails, which can cause problems if a mail server thinks they're "spam". I've also worked in sales. If I had promised a customer something and they didn't get it, you'd better believe I would do something to make up for it, especially if A) I'd asked them to do something to benefit me first, and B) they didn't get the thing I promised them because a system I'd developed didn't work correctly. That's customer service.

And it is a "big thing". It's a big thing because some people who were going to take advantage of this promotion weren't able to, and some of those people won't even consider buying Station Cash until it goes on sale again. That means the company lost money.
    • Like x 1
  14. SuperBell Loyal Player

That's good to know. I'm sure if I was buying SC out of the blue, the money wouldn't "bounce back" into my checking account. It's comforting to know that the email system is set up like a game of tennis played against a wall.
  15. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Your right my SC transactions never bounce back. Since I am receiving every other SOE/Sony email, I am working with Darwins theory above that this mass email just happened to glitch reaching my email at this time. I sent a reply to SOE response, so I'll see if any better answers are given.
  16. Will Power Loyal Player

Lets remember one thing Xbox charges you for access to their network sony does not. DC Universe Online gives us free access to their game with out needing to be a PS Plus member other MMO's on the network don't. DCUO's devs do the best they can to give us nice Tiers levels to play through.

Look at their track record.
    They gave us SM for the I need a Challenge crowd. They gave us PVE Legends to help new players learn how to play the legends Characters with out the frustration of learning the hard way. Scrimmage as a PVP practice area the get use to how to play the toons in a pvp practice environment. They gave us the play area to explore the DC Universe. Honestly sure they are only based in two cities but what they lack in Open World they give us in instances. Are their things I want in game that are not in it sure. However DC comics have been a part of family life styles since 1934 so I know that DC Universe Online will become something more than a fad.

As long as Spytle, Captain Liberty, Spord, Locke and Mepps want to keep working on this game it will live a long time. It's not even Christmas yet who's to say our biggest discount won't happen till Dec. 25th. Honestly to me big discount shouldn't happen till Christmas eve/Day. I stand by their choices. For the longest time PC players have been getting more discounts than PS players they are finally balancing their platforms. 50% off isn't that bad however most MP items I haven't even bought yet.
  17. Zernam New Player

I have received a response from Support to my ticket - they indicated initially that they had escalated my ticket and I got a response today indicating the same thing about how they couldn't explain why the mail was not delivered and listed a range of possible reasons from the email provider to a bounce.

They were very nice, offered me a random code as a one time courtesy, and said they would take the info I reported (emails I received prior) and pass it along for investigation.

I'm cool with that, and hope they sort it out if they plan to do this again.
  18. Spector Knight New Player

I'm opted in to receive emails, and I'm not getting any of these promotions, and I never have. They're not in my spam folders either. I submitted a support ticket. I don't know what I'm missing out on, but I know what SOE is... c'mon guys, seduce me into opening my wallet!

[IMG]
  19. nogimmick New Player

i got a 20 PSN card today, i would love to spend it on DC but when those offers that are supposed to be showing up for my email don't show up.....makes it hard to make that choice, know what i mean?

been a while since i played san andreas, and a movie rental is like 4 bucks so maybe that instead this time. but i still need to see what the sale is today so who knows?
  20. Nawtae Well-Known Player

To those of you who are signed up (like I was) you are SOL, like I was told in my response when I opened my ticket about not receiving any emails. That's pretty much it. You're SOL, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.