Holiday Bonus Promotions For PC and PlayStation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieB Loyal Player

I'll tell you what I told the other guy (besides the bugs which are a whole other thing), is not that they don't want to give you guy any extra offers, it's the PSN, Sony doesn't allow for SoE and PSN to have the same offers so they don't have any other choice but to give you two different ones, the thing is Sony makes more money off SC than MC because well, this is the only SoE game on PS4 right now until Planetside 2 is released, so they have to give the best offer to the system which they know will net the best revenue, in this case being PC since SC works on all SoE games (don't know if Landmark and Dragon's Prophet applies this time), and so it allows for a wider band of people to buy SC.
    • Like x 1
  2. TimexShadow New Player

Well I guess if that's the case everything is fine but they could also offer in game bonuses, rather then a small discount just to say "we gave u something, be happy."
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

hmmm ermmm it works the same way man, any in game bonus has to go through the market, and thus the PSN, there's no way around it.
  4. TimexShadow New Player

By in game bonuses I mean things like auras, styles, lockboxes, base items, etc. Anything that doesn't involve real money could be given more often rather then discounted prices. Many players would rather receive exclusive in game items then a 15% discount on items they will never need nor use.
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I opted in but yet i haven't received my email? What gives? I been opted in since i saw that thread about this.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

Wrong. PS accounts for the majority of their revenue as well as thr majoroty of hours logged in. This is from the interview with j.smedley. http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/04/dc-universe-online-grows-to-18m-users-with-ps4-leading-the-way/
  7. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Just to rub it in others faces I got Triple SC! :D Thx Dev Team. I got $25

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

9. MrBD3 New Player

I guess it doesn't apply to a $5.00 purchase?
  10. Dukedpcpg New Player

HELP i still have not recieved my bonus E-mail and i'm definitely opted in
  11. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

Missed that announcement, sucks.
  12. hoaxone Committed Player

Hold up.
    So SOE is offering 4 chances for double station cash in a month..and will spend it on the inevitable replay badge sale.
    Annnnd PS players will enjoy a up to 10% discount....
    Maybe I'm confused..
    But 50% seems larger then 10%..
    Better yet..50%x4 is larger then 10%.
    If these numbers confuse anyone,these are the respective servers different promos.

Pls be gentle next time
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

Except I'm not wrong, as I mentioned this offer is for SC, which every SoE game uses, except for PS4 which uses MC, also DCUO it's the only SoE game on PS4, as where on PC they all their current and most upcoming games. It's not about DCUO only, it's about SoE as a whole, and fact is it's easier for them to make money on PC than on PS4 when it comes to SC.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

Base items weekend was for both PS and PC, so was the free aura days for members. Lockboxes never have any special offers and neither do styles. Aside from marketplace offers we pretty much share every other special they have.
  15. Mr.Me New Player

$25 + 100% = $50

$50 + 50% = $75

150% Math can be so fun... :D
    • Like x 1
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Same here. Signed up in time, same as a friend -> No Mail recieved, neither of us.

What now? :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Whats on sale today? The changing banner page wasn't updated today..
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Wrong topic.
    You should rather post in this one to show your disappointement.
  19. Circe New Player

Lame. I get that they're separate and everything, but really? I don't think I'm gonna budge and buy anything from the Marketplace. I think I'm just gonna go Legendary, stay Legendary and use the Loyalty Points to get things. This is just not appealing to me at all, like a normal 50% off sale would've been. I'm not gonna waste my money until we get a 50% off Marketplace Cash or something. Continue alienating PS players, and soon you won't have any.
  20. Luminescence New Player

Yeah, I'm going with a big ole Booooooooo!!! on this one. We haven't had barely any (and if I am being honest, I don't think any, but I could be forgetful) 50% off PS MC. Meanwhile, PC players keep on getting this type of offer handed to them over and over again. Out of all of your sales this holiday season, the only one I purchased high quantities of was the Total Recovery Kits (10 packs) because they were the same price as a 4 Pack (which I assume was a mistake, but one I was glad to dump a lot of money on for future use). Having been a active legendary player since the beginning, there is little I need from the marketplace outside of replay tokens.

DCUO has given up it seems on new lair looks (so much you could do here from layouts to designs), new styles to purchase etc. I realize I am a minority voice when it comes to these things, but with millions of players I am pretty sure you would recoup the cost of having to pay someone to design them. Imagine the money DCUO would make if you dedicated someone's entire job to creating new hairstyles that fit on the majority of costumes and then sold them through the marketplace. We WOULD THROW MONEY AT YOU!!

However, there feels there is a really big divide/perception on how you treat the PC and the PS players.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.