DEVS: you need to slow it down

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

WM is being over-driven by PVP as well there's constant nerfs going on to it to balance PVP, like the melee moves, they're a complete joke now and because this flows on to PVE it's destroyed any point to doing melee in PVE

Even though you're setting yourself up to be lunged all day by doing a ranged WM attack, the damage you do, even being lunged still outweighs melee damage and what that has become because of PVP.

Then you get the people that just switch to the powers that have AM's existing already like gadgets and going in and one-shotting people with their AM (and yes I know it's somewhat counterable, but still, they'll hide in the back and do it) which creates months and months of unbalance while they slowly release other AM's that only end up being like this. They should really have released all AM's at once.

It's becoming more and more difficult to play this game when every 5 minutes something is changing in the way and method you do damage. It's increasingly frustrating.

And then to have AM's be released that are complete off balance just causes even more frustration, It's why you get FOTM powers, I mean the moment these AM's go live very few players will remain mental imo they'll be switching gadgets.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The community seems to feed the haste in my eyes. Just take today for example. How many threads started today asking where the update and/or Christmas seasonal were? How often do we see people say DLCs need to be finished faster or show up more often?

I think they listen to the community too much in terms of getting content out faster. I'd be a lot happier with two DLCs per year if they were higher quality than what we currently get. If they slowed every aspect of content releases down, maybe bugs could get fixed in the interim, too.
    • Like x 4
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Don't blame PvP for adjustments to weapon mastery. We had it forced onto us because of PvE in the first place :p

If they actually just talked to us and gave us transparency as to why they make certain changes we may be able to help them come up with solutions to the PvE/PvP cross over issues.
    • Like x 1
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

First of all HL is getting attention not because DEVS want to fix HL but because they keep mess it up and the community don't want that . They made HL better but after 3 days th y nerfed it . Why would you even make SOMTHING then you nerf it ? Why all powers get invented and be playable in first month then it will be banished and not one single player touch it ? They need to make the change and stick with it not make and chang and make and chang it's like a cycle that will never ends .....
    • Like x 1
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

dont get me wrong , the DEVS arr doing amazing job but if they would only listen to the community
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Oh for sure I thought the same thing when I saw all the game update threads, asking for the game update and in reality these threads show exactly why it hasn't dropped onto live.

Origin Crisis is/was still the best DLC that this game has ever had, and the reason for that is because it was difficut, it had longevity because people weren't just smashing through the raids on day 1 then spamming 10,000 replay badges to complete it day 2.

The trouble for too long as been this over-emphasis on easy content. The people kept complaining that paradox and nexus were too hard because they just simply didn't want to try to complete it and it's a real shame.

I can only hope that these new "elite raids" really are what they suggest and are "made hard" like paradox was, this will give the game the longevity it had when T5 first started with origin crisis, because until then people are just going to continue blowing through the content in 24 hours with replay badges then putting undue pressure on the devs to push more content out too rapidly.

In that sense I feel utterly sympathetic and sorry for the devs because the same strain is being put onto expectations around game updates, people are treating game updates like they're DLC's and that's part of the problem, game updates are made to fix and improve the game, not just supply additional content to people that are bored.

I want it to be known I do utterly appreciate the developers and the effort they put into this game, but sometimes feedback like this is needed as well.
  7. ChuckLess New Player

We could always get rid of the scoreboard and solve all of this tbh.

Edit: And before you hate, think about it.
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Unwavering Player

OC wasnt entirely hard, pre-nerf it came down to gear knowing mechanics and pure luck because thats where DCUO rendering problems began. Those blue ball in wave pre-nerf wouldn't always load (ps4 wasnt out) and they could and would 1 shot you in almost any gear first time i did wave i died 31 times and over 2/3 of the time i couldnt even tell you what i died from, hell i would die on getting up with nothing around me, most likely it was a blue ball that wasnt rendering
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, you know what they isn't necessarily a bad idea, but it's so entrenched within the culture of this game now, that's somewhat difficult. We've even got the staturaies in league halls now to encourage people to compete for damage.

The trouble would still be balance, because it would continue to be evident in PVP even if people were blisfully blowing through PVE in ignorance of their score :)
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, but i guess I moreso mean the "essence of difficulty", There must be ways to make the game more challenging without upsetting the playstation users by just saying "ditch the ps3" and go with more rendered obstacles :)

The reality is that the PS3 will have to be ditched eventually, but it's clear the support for that system will remain in place for at least the forseeable future.

Hopefully the devs come up with some interesting mechanics and the like to increase the difficulty of these raids for their potental "elite versions".
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If that's the case, that's sad. I wasn't overly impressed with much of that DLC. The story was told haphazardly, the Central City portions are dreadful in the 4-mans, Paradox Wave still is beaten with cheap tactics that may or may not be exploits (depending on the response to my bug report about tagging); Nexus is the only part I really like, but we rarely get to play the full mechanics anymore due to how powerful players became with weapon mastery and tier 6 gear.

I'd be much happier if we could get more DLCs with A&B or FOS level mechanics, but a bit more challenging with puzzles to solve, strategic positioning with bosses, knowing when to block and when to attack against bosses based on which direction the bosses face, etc. as opposed to one-shot mechanics that we have to watch for tells that may or may not render properly for all players.

I'm not a big fan of the red v skull for telling us when to block, either. It's too easily missed until players get used to it. A physical change in the boss would be much better, but I'd also like to see more advanced boss mechanics than that. That still falls to the same one-shot/avoidance tactic that has been overused of late.

I did enjoy the Necropolis mechanics to interrupt bosses from some of their massive attacks, but there should be group coordinated interruptions instead of relying on 1-2 players to lunge. Get everyone involved in doing something other than spamming attacks. If 3-4 players accomplish some objective, it reduces the damage done by the boss. Have the boss interrupting those objectives when not focused on the tank so the players have to watch for when the boss faces back to the tank before proceeding, or something similar.

Make it fun for everyone. Make the objectives controller, healer, and dps oriented so the group has to split its focus a little while at the same time working as a team. I could probably come up with a good scenario with some time and propose something in the thread about making all roles viable in raids. There was a very good thread a few months ago to improve 8-man content.

12. Proxystar #Perception

I just meant the essential level of difficulty with that DLC made it the best in my mind, it gave it that longevity, people couldn't just replay badge warrior it in 24 hours.

The latest content I swear you could do blindfolded while being attacked by a chimpanzee, don't try that though, well not the chimpanzee part.

But yeah our desire is clearly the same, to have decent difficulty and decent mechanics. They tried that somewhat in Nexus with the shields, like you said
  13. anth Active Player

I cannot believe you made all pvp equal. Equally my money back dude r u for real? This is a joke right?
  14. ChuckLess New Player

If people couldn't see the exact numbers, it would all just be speculation. The true difference between any two powers and or weapons is actually negligible.

As you have said, enough is enough. Tru balance is impossible. That is FACT.

The game has become a cluster *bleep* over the past year. At this rate, it will die sooner than later. I feel sorry for anyone new that comes into this game and tries to understand what is what.

Complete removal of the scoreboard (which I said 2+ years ago) would be the best move the Devs could possibly make.
  15. anth Active Player

Obv u dont know anything nothing in this games equal now. Nothing. No pve pvp ppl shouting so on forums and everything all thrown away cause the whole entire games nerfed.
  16. anth Active Player

This is absolute rediculous.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Even some enhancements though could help, if not complete removal. Maybe there's a revamp planned with the new UI? who knows.

what would be more interesting is an include of more stats, show which DPS are "completing objectives etc" like picking up the gun in lockdown", how many are doing "pick ups" etc.

Because i swear that would help alleviate some of the scoreboard chasing that is going on as well, because some dps are lower because they're actually doing other benefica group activities, not just leaving everything to the trolls, which has become a massive habit for a long time.
  18. anth Active Player

We got ppl capped on sp in pve gear duelin tryn make a name for themselves cause they r grinders its like im talking to a wall or a bunch of nonsense non grinders when im on the forums.
  19. anth Active Player

Can u shush wm and am is the worst thing ive seen in my life. The fact they made all pvp probably pve equal is insannnnnnne I hate it
  20. Proxystar #Perception

anth can you please stop, and keep your posts constructive, you're typing one line posts that aren't making any sense..

Thanks though
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.