Nature DPS OVERPOWERED? Yes, here's why

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Nope, this thread was not intended for self glorifying purposes, but for how a healer being able to do the job of a controller (cc) hurts the experience for the "team aspect" as a whole in the sense everyone got a job to do. The jobs are specifically layed out, basically, you got the dom, you cc. In a healers case, they don't have the dom, yet they cc as well as controllers that's where my gripe comes from. It doesn't hurt the flow of the alert/raid on a surface level, but I'm thinking deeper. I don't appreciate a healer doing the job of a controller, just as I wouldn't like a controller or tnk doing the job of a healer. I'm not thinking about self here, I'm think about the team effort a sa whole. Everyone got a job to do. It's an individual effort to contribute to a larger team goal, and if another individual does the job of another role, whatdoes it do to the role whos job has been comprimised? It lessens that said roles importance and need to be there. This game already declined in the importance of roles in pve content with roleless buffs. By allowing a healer to cc amplifies this degrading of role importance and that to me doesn't seem right.
  2. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Nope, this was with pve in mind. But hey, if u want to talk pvp, then let's go. Take sorcery. Transforming enemies to dogs was removed because it was supposedly overpowered. Nature's cc effects r the same to an extent, and they are getting fixed as well. Seems as if everyone is refuting my claims here like I'm crying, when deep down inside, you know I'm right and refute me because you are the ones who fear your effectiveness will be hindered. I've been fire since day 1. The power which has been through hell and back, and then back to hell numerous times. Never switched that toon, never will, basically cuz I love my power and love smashing in ANY player, pve or pvp that thinks theyre good cuz they use "op" "fotm's" and exploits such as kiting or vine-harvest to win
  3. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Can't cope and adapt? Excuse me? I've been Fire since day one of playing this game 2 years ago, never switched, never will, went from WM - AM. Don't u dare say I cant cope and adapt.
  4. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

I see. I agree with you then. Sorry if I maight have taken out my frustration on you. Didn't mean it. Nature does need animations reworked to make it look cooler. Fire did.
  5. Serj Committed Player

time to wake up, we don't live in a perfect world where everyone does their job and as i stated before, in the end if you get through content it doesn't matter whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mesmer New Player

I adore it. Haven't had a nature toon in some time, but it's a lot of fun and it makes sense for the power itself. Does it mess up 4-8 content? Perhaps; I always did solo, and except for power-restoration, I don't see the need for a controller (supposing other roles can stun). But it would not be nearly as effective in solo content.

The fact of the matter is, all classes should have at least one good stun to help in solo content. If you miss an attack, especially an AoE, you could be looking at half a dozen tremendously powerful ads on your tail; I found this out the hard way with my fire toon. Never use the three-hold-ranged shield attack when you can't see what's beyond your target; it BURNS! If she had a good AoE stun, no problem. Sadly, she has crappy one-target stuns that do nothing, and until I got a couple iconics, virtually no defense capabilities at that level (and it was the level where you begin to tank).
  7. PainGod New Player

You do understand that healers do have dom right? So if the healer is CCing and your getting through the content, what does it matter if he/she does CC? What does it matter? Regardless what anyone says, this is a PvP crying thread point blank.

Adapt and cope with it. Stop making pointless threads about a great powerset!
    • Like x 1
  8. RedRain New Player

Pain he needs a breakout trinket ok sheesh
    • Like x 3
  9. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Are my plants bothering you that bad.LOL. Go outside and hug a tree you will feel better.LOL.
    • Like x 3
  10. PainGod New Player

Yea, this man needs something.
  11. PainGod New Player

Yea, this man needs something.
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Shut....up (your not suspossed to tell anyone) ;)
  13. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Frankly, this doesn't affect ME. It affects the entire concept of having "roles". If I'm healing, I get through anything, granted my team is half-decent, with absolutely 0 CC.

You mean to say Nature needs to CC to be a relevant healing powerset? You take Nature for being soo weak as a healer it needs CC to do the job of another role to be relevant? Blasphemy! Especially if you're Nature yourself. No, when I started this, I wasn't even thinking PvP, but now that you mention it, you have subliminally stated that Nature, in particular is "overly" powered in that area of the game too. Good job of shooting yourself in the foot there, buddy.

Fact remains, Healers that CC in raids/alerts are doing a job outside of their normal expectations. I would hate to see trollers and tanks losing any bit of their importance out there. Seems to me you and many others think this is okay, to which, I withhold my comments to that because I want this post to stay on here and just say, "so this is where the game is heading...adapt? I don't conform." This is not right, and if it is, then it should be equal- all healers/DPS CC, or none. It's imbalance in it's purest form, how can you and many others think this is okay? Oh there just so happens to be an imbalance, sweep it under the rug, take it for granted? NO, I refuse to give in to simple ignorance. Ignorance is NOT bliss. My fight will persist unless someone convinces me that this is right.
  14. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

In solo/duo content, all roles stun/CC. In 4+ player content, some healers and DPS can CC with dominance well below the minimum to control, while some powers do it more effectively than others. Nature in particular is the most consistent, through my experience, with healers/DPS' stunning swarms of adds in almost every room just as well as a controller. Stating facts here. Apparently, I'm one of the only ones here who thinks this just doesn't make sense. Go figure.
  15. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

"Ignorance is bliss" aint it? To you, maybe. Not to all of us, some of us actually fight for what' we believe to be right (or at least to get a good explanation as to why it's wrong). The way I see it, if a player in a certain role that needs another player from a different role to make up for his/her shortcomings need a lesson in the game. Currently, it seems as if this game is becoming waaaay too casual. There's no great need of role specific duties (role-less buffs). Call me old school, but it seems as if since WM came out, this game turned way south in many facets ranging from role-specifics, skill (ie: true/OG clipping), emphasis on skill points (cr 111 sp 70 players abound) et cetera. It seems like our game is degrading from the inside out, and I'd hate to see the game turn into a rotten apple (nothing lasts forever, but it can be prolonged), like a simple, E rated action game. This is an MMORPG for crying out loud. And this is why I bought Guild Wars 2, but the sad part is, I love this game... go figure.
  16. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

Umm hugging a tree won't fix things, just a failed attempt at hiding morality & ideals...but oookkkk. Your plants are fine. Your CC (the job of "controllers"/"a different role") is what's bothering me.
  17. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

...sigh...
    :'(
  18. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

And to add to my first statement, it doesn't affect "me", per se. I'm tanking, I'll pull the adds in, no problem. I'm controlling, hey enemies are stunned, less for me to do. I'm DPS'n, easy pickings--- it bothers me because---- you know what? You think about it and look at the big picture. If you can, that is...
  19. DG-MOD-02 New Player

I am going to close this thread as it is no longer giving any new constructive feedback. Thank you!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.