PvP as of now

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Anti Bezz, Nov 19, 2014.

1. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Yeah, and now that you guys are on break, disqualified and nightfall are the only leagues scrimming. Plus, we always have to borrow a couple dq guys anyway.
    • Like x 1
  2. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Any ideas for how dc can make pvp active again? Personally, I think it is really good right now, but I would not be opposed to giving a few crutches back if it meant I could actually get some scrims going.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Keep in mind during SOE Live the devs said they'll add consumables back in at s ladter date if people want it. Which I think a lot of people do.
  4. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Yes, but nothing has been mentioned anywhere on the forums. I'd like for the devs to make a discussion on suggestions to improve pvp. Plus, if they put consumables back in, it would only further increase sorcery and electric healing capabilities while leaving celestial and nature even further behind. I'd like a crutch for everyone haha.
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Not necessarily. They could provide anything from a brief amount of increased raw healing out or stuff like that. Sab put forward an idea I've also brought up before as well:
    I'd be fine with Home Turf like stuff, however having it tied to a DLC and having it provide benefit at 0 risk is not how to do it. This is also all providing it's PvP stuff, not items from PvE that get carried over.
    • Like x 2
  6. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I could get behind that. I've got a few ideas that may or may not be good.

Make debuffs matter. I was solo healing with celestial in 4v4, and I honestly could not tell a difference in healing when I was debuffed or not. Seriously, it is stupid. With debuffs being useless, tanks became useless. Please make this stuff useful.

Give healing a slight boost. Having two healers with an experienced team works well, but a solo healer in 4v4 will fall short in keeping a team alive. Sorcery and electric can handle solo healing, but this leaves nature and celestial useless as solo healers. Some might say it adds a challenge, but all it does is cripple a team.

Lower power costs slightly. I know that power management matters, but this killed nature heals. Nature might be able to keep up if it weren't for the high power costs to keep healing going. Plus, this kind of leaves certain powers for dps behind. With weapon mastery hitting so hard and power costs being so high, might-based powers without a power refund mechanic struggle. Also, throwing a debuff isn't worth the power cost for such a low reward. Please make trolls more than a battery and interrupter/bber.

This one might be a little bit of a stretch, but make tanks benefit the whole team. Maybe when a tank activates a power, the whole team gets an increase in health or toughness. Maybe even give the team a 5 or 10% damage mitigation. I don't know, something to make tanks worth using.

These are just my suggestions to bring pvp back to life.
  7. Senexys Well-Known Player

There is a lot to tweak and there is nearly 0 communication with the devs, thats not how to take care of your players.

Personal opinion but gotta do some points which i find terrible on this new PvP:

1- CC issues are just pathetic and we have to deal with this problem for too long, even if its gonna get a fix, a shame really.

2- WM range attacks have too much damage, maybe in 1vs1 is skill based but in 4vs4 or more is just a range spam fest, i dont see the skill in all of this, people dont even care if you interrupt them.

3- The big middle finger for tanks, 1900 more hp (who is bugged on most tank powerset and you get nothing) at best is a pathetic advantage, 3 seconds rebuff without debuff icon on your teammates is all you can do for your team, less survivability than a healer (except fire) rage tanking completely destroyed (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/rage-in-tank-stance-in-arenas.228753/) overall a lack of survivability and lack of team benefits, more balance between tanks and much more (a thread in testing feedback for tanks would help).

We share all the same toughness, they should gave tanks a non-stackeable toughness buff for the user and our teammates when using a power, 20-25% toughness buff seems reasonable.

5- Damage based healing has been nerfed a 75%, they cant compete with regular heals anymore, this nerf have a huge impact on rage tanking which is the only tank without a healing SC and celestial battle healer concept has been taken away too.

6- Same issues with healers, sorcery and electric are way better than nature and celestial, more improves here.
    • Like x 1
  8. BeeztyLegend New Player

On #5 and #6, could you please go into detail? Not out of doubt but curiosity.
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Usually powers such as Remorseless Recovery healed 1:1 meaning if you did 1000 damage you got healed 1000. A 75% would make it 1:4 meaning for every 1000 damage you get 250 health back.

Sorcery heals seems to be quite higher then other healing powersets and require less power/skill to utilize. Electric provides fast burst heal which is rather powerful in PvP groups. Nature cannot compete due to the increased power cost and its heals being rather weak. Celestial healing requires combos which can be interrupted like its nothing in a 4v4/5v5.
    • Like x 2
  10. anth Active Player

Oww I can complain? I dont want any smart remarks but when you say minimum buffs I doubt it. But anyway I dont like how pvp is now I like it based on how strong your character and gear is. Skill to me is out of line. Sorry. That is my complete opinion. And the weekly change to arenas means I cant grind my lairs. You put 1v1 and 2v2s on for no reason. Theres barely any feats associated with that I dont need them and I completed them quickly seems its pvp for new players which is awesome more people but theres 1000 lair wins thats been out like a year or two and its and the only thing I do is lairs will never do any other pvp because im finished with them but I onpy have 600 out of 1000 lair wins and I play every single day all day. Love is my opinion.
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Rotations change every 2 weeks.
    Fun Fact: Not everyone plays PvP for feats.
    Congrats on the most narcissistic post of the day.
    • Like x 2
  12. Frankzilla Committed Player

Most ppl who scrim are only good with some type of op mechanic to exploit, a lot of those were removed I guess they got removed with them.
    • Like x 1
  13. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I understand that you don't really like to pvp, but if you play all day everyday, you should have gotten your 1000 wins by now. It isn't the rotation, it's you not grinding. I am not trying to be mean, but lair battles are up quite often.
    • Like x 1
  14. anth Active Player

No I play pve most of time I would pvp but its been glitchy very bad lately so I dont bother.
  15. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I have been noticing server lag. After 10:30ps EST the past few nights, everyone starts to lag. What we see and what is happening has about a 3 second difference, and this is happening to everyone in pvp.
  16. Shifty Committed Player

pvp on ps3 is unbearable :/ cant do anything higher than 2v2s or else no one will load,and FC is even worse! Its too bad. But oh well gettin a ps4 in two weeks anyway o.o