GU 43: Fire Tanking Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

NAH IT DOESNT WORK AS "SINGLE TAUNT", FIREBALL IS BROKEN SINCE MONTHS!!!

I tanked Love and War endboss yesterday with a Ice tank and there was no way to seperate both kitty's. Our Ice tank had them both all the time, except now and then they attacked me for some secs. There seems to be a general aggro issue with fire...

Had to respec to get lasso as single taunt. Then we got the feat for the last leaguemembers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

I mean how do u wanna check a single taunt ability as solo tank in an alert??? Or do u run Zamaron with two tanks? ;)

Maybe u dont know what a single taunt is... And what it should do. But if u r a Fire tank u cant know it, cause Fire doesnt have one. :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

I did it again tonight, and you're right. She came back to me, but only after she made mincemeat of our troll. Luckily, I hit her with absorb heat so he didn't actually get ko'd, but yeah, fireball didn't do jack. Don't know why I was under the impression it did. All I can think is that hitting BD drew her attention before?
    • Like x 1
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

u cant test fireball if u run solo tank ... those a scripted attacks tey will jump someone else in the group and after they will go back to the tank... that has nothing to do with fireball taunting part.
    • Like x 5
  5. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

I was gonna say good to know, but it's actually irritating to know.

FIX FIREBALL! It's a silly little power, but it used to be really effective.
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

Fireball works fine as a single taunt as long as it isn't competing with another tank's taunt. This is a known issue they are working on (can't find the post, but one of the Devs acknowledged it recently once they realized the issue happens when multiple tanks are using powers to taunt).
    • Like x 2
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

If they brought this back i feel this would fix alot of issues.

On a unrelated topic, are you going to be making any more videos?
    • Like x 2
  8. ShadyLane New Player

Healing off everything burning with backdraft would most definitely help or just an increase to the healing of the power in general. As well again lowering the power cost and cooldown (man starting to feel like a song on repeat here)

Combining immolation and enflame would be a great step, id prefer it to just be enflame as its the better of the 2 moves by far.

Freeing up a power slot for a long range multi target taunt (with a quicker animation the the current powers we have is meteor strike and wild fire) seeing as they don't want to give a long range pull to fire because it would make us too much like ice and rage.

I'd prefer a pull but its doubtful we will ever see that.

As for an answer this isn't a work in progress thread its a "hey this doesn't seem to work right take a look at it". So it's doubtful anything said in here will get looked at or even considered for a fix, or have any real answers given to the questions brought up.
    • Like x 3
  9. The Mavrick New Player

“I remember when Backdraft used to give a heal for every add that was on Fire. They were magical days.”
    I remember the days when fire tank used to be a DPS tank. The healing was great but more importantly so was the damage since part of how it taunted was via damage. Heals and damage was the reason why power cost was so high. Since Dev's nerfed it to hell thanks to the whining of pvpers the set got nerfed to hell but not the power cost. I agree with most of the post here. I think the heals should be brought up and not dependent upon gear when other power sets do not have that. That is not the way to individualize fire tanking. I believe fire tank should have a pull like ice or rage or at the very least increase the range of backdraft.
    What I think Tunso is doing is lazy and unprofessional. At the end of the day the devs are providing a service. They are in the entertainment and service industry and it should be their job to provide good service. Them taking three years just to provide some half ***** service to something they essentially broke is ridiculous. Here is something to keep in mind, this is what happens when there is no competition. Lets face it now that COH is no more and CO (Champions Online) proved to be a huge failure (there is marvel online but that is no competition) this is the only game in town (pardon the pun) in terms of superhero mmo's. Sad to say but if Valiance onlline or Titians Online launches with half the stuff they promise you will see the devs on this game become extremely responsive to suggestions and input players make in terms of new sets or changes. Until that day happens when they feel that their livelihood is on the like they will get to things when they feel like it and implement whatever they see fit.
    • Like x 5
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Seriously!!!!! Why are you ignoring our feedback???? You seem to be focusing on the other power's AM but ignoring fire tanks feedback.
    • Like x 2
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

no more changes for gu43... mepps said in one of other fire threads that they need data about fire tanking with resto buff on live for further improvement of fire tanking in the future...

we just got "b1tch" slaped :eek:
    • Like x 5
  12. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Amen Brother
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.