Black Lanterns

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Underdogs_A_Hero, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Underdogs_A_Hero Active Player

Think the devs will ever consider adding Black Lanterns into the mix here at all? I would personally love to see a group of different power sets around lanterns (Blue, Black). I know it's been discussed before, but I've been away from the game for quite some time... Has there been any more developments on this?
  2. Sario New Player

I would like to see some kinda of healing lantern.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

As a player power the answer at this point is still no.
  4. That guy New Player

Next wave of powers:
    Munitions, Experimental serums, Atomic

No plans for any lantern powers, confirmed by Mepps.
    • Like x 1
  5. Underdogs_A_Hero Active Player

I mean, I'm excited about some of the new powers... just thought a Black Lantern would allow a really cool storyline and some awesome powers.

Thanks for the replies everyone!
  6. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

I don't think we'll see black lanterns and tbh I don't want to quite yet.Maybe we'll see Black Hand before kills himself but not the Black Lantern corps themselves bc in dcuo the War of Light hasn't even happened yet.Dcuo is like a lost comic book arc that's just now being told.I just hope that if and they decide to introduce Black Lanterns it's after they've established that Infinite Crisis has happened in the Dcuo universe.

I could be wrong though [I was gonna say something here but someone busted a bottle right outside my window and I lost my train of thought]
  7. HazeTA New Player

Aren't black lanterns basically walking dead? Wouldn't make much sense really.
    • Like x 1
  8. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Black and white lanterns confirmed to not be a power. Dev who confirmed this was Spytle but the post was a few months ago so it will be hard to find it.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Devs said there are NO Black and White lantern powers that are going to be playable. Besides, they are naturally OP. Logic would say ingame that a White/Black lantern can thrash a rage and light player at damage.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Something that most of the Lantern-fanboys in this community doesn't seem to get, is that when it comes to the lantern-lore, you don't need to have the actual lantern-power to get a really cool storyline. Since we're talking about storylines, they can't just simply hand out a certain lantern-power any time there is lantern-content involved, because of the storyline and copyrights.

The devs sure knows how much the community wants these various kinds of Lantern-powers and they know how much money they could make from just developing and handing them out, so it's not like they are holding back because they feel like it.

I'd love to see a lantern healing-power, for the fairness of all roles getting their own lantern-power, and I am sure the devs are considering what power they could work with to make it happen. It just takes time making this happen. If any other power that's not wrapped up in copyright issues and such, they could just develop it, work with it and release it when it's done. Munitions, Atomic and Serums is the proof of that. They're each in the making and we will see each one of them launching as soon as each one are ready. When working with Lantern powers for example, they can't just develop and hand out. There is a story to follow, copyright issues to work around and then make sure that the lantern-power of choosing is introduced along those lines. It's sad, but that's how it works. The sooner everyone accept that fact, the better it is for everyone.

There's more stuff to the universe of DC than lanterns, priorities has to be made.
    • Like x 1
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I tought at SOE live 2 years ago they mentioned seing all the lantern corps is the War of the Light Trilogy, at least as NPC's.

I think chances are pretty good you will se at least one white, black, and indigo lantern as a NPC nine months or so from now.
  12. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

Yeah they did.Spytle (I think it was him) was like "By the end if the trilogy all the lantern corps will be in the game" or something along those lines.Whether or not he meant up to indigo or all the way to white we'll just have to wait and see until WotL pt3.If they do I won't complain.Heck if/when it comes out I'll probably embrace the idea eg. I was against the idea of a rage tanking power when it was just a suggestion in threads but when I saw the way they did it I was like wow.Even if they don't go all the way to black and white I'm pretty sure we're guaranteed an appearance (possibly a boss fight) with Indigo-1.Just gotta get through AF2 and HoP2.
  13. Neph Dedicated Player

The only thing that would make a Blue/Black lantern healer power awesome is the chance to build Lantern only leagues :)

Which is not a bad thing!

;)
    • Like x 1
  14. GodsxRage New Player

Are they releasing a lantern power soon because The gear is based on lanterns, Hope(blue) and Love(pink)!
  15. GodsxRage New Player

And the lantern league thing would cause alot of people to switch powers to a lantern, Buit if they have a healing power it should be Love or Hope mainly.
  16. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

As of now there are no plans for a Lantern Healer power, according to Mepps.
    • Like x 1
  17. Neph Dedicated Player

They said no after Rage, but then they brought up 3 new powers they are going to release, so maybe later on down the line...
    • Like x 1
  18. GodsxRage New Player

19. Cognac Staxx New Player

More likely to see black/white lantern(s) as an ally or foe in future missions than as a player power.
  20. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

Just dawned on me that we have Red Lantern Guy Gardner and unless I'm mistaken this style of RLGG doesn't appear until War of the Green Lanterns which I think is after Blackest Night.If that's the case (because I'm not too sure of the continuity) then that means there's a good chance we'll see Black Hand,maybe a few Black Lanterns.Maybe even a White Lantern.
    • Like x 2