Steel is BS

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by nick singleton, Feb 24, 2013.

1. recespieces31 New Player

Steels DoTs are not that large...they hit anywhere from 85-130, just like Bane's Venom Slap, Hal's Jet, and Two-Face's Barrel...the difference is Steel has 3 powers that can do that, with 2 of them having an initial hit of 300+...plus his DoTs do not stack, so wasting power using the same moves gives no benefit...again he doesn't need to be nerfed, but having spammable powers makes him seem like he is op...the Mine has a 5-6 second cool down, while 2-Face's barrel has a 25+ second cool down and the Barrel stops DoT after you leave the field, the Mine continuously gives a DoT until it wears off...longer cooldowns will cut down that ability to continuously put DoTs on players back to back to back without reprieve
    My only issue is the range of the stun of Atom Splitter (Lightning)...I have literally been stunned in Batcave when I was at the back of the Villain side turret and Steel was in the middle of the node, that is way too far of a reach
  2. Talve Dedicated Player

Atom Splitter does not really count as DoT.
    But exactly. You have 2 DoTs. You don't have 1 Venom Clap. You don't have 1 Hal's Jet. You have 2, what stack with each other.

Exactly. That's why increased cooldown does barely nothing to the actual damage that is dished out. You do not want to quickly reapply them as it is.

I'll just copy paste part of the letter i sent some time ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are Steels moves compared to other characters, or just in general.

Atom Splitter vs Bizarros nr2.
    Both = 4 sec damage protection.
    Atom Splitter's range is much bigger (around double).
    Damage wise it does on average about 1093.8 damage on single target with all the hits.
    Bizarro's does only 2 hits (dont know for sure, i think it was about 200-250?).
    Atom Splitter can be cancel'd out with left tap/lunge/blockbreaker (bizarros can't).
    Atom Splitter does 5 stuns (1st hit is not stun, other 5 are). I do think Bizarro's had atleast a knockdown.
    Only edge Bizarros version has is that you can clip it with soda/trinket.
    Can't do it with Atom Splitter.
    So Atom Splitter is just plain better.

Prototype Protective Barrier
    Blocks ~1,6k damage.
    So it's John's shiels...But you can use it while controlled...
    So you can use it while hard stunned.
    So it's Johns shield, but plain better.

Hammerang
    Takes about 1/4 of your power.
    Cone knockdown+damage over time.
    Damage over time can't be avoided by anything (interrupt/stun does not cancel out animation)
    It's easy to hit a lot of targets.
    About 352.6 initial damage + 12 sec DoT (about 1274.4 damage) = about 1627 damage per target.
    Pretty much your Hal's Jet / Banes Venom Clap.

Steelworkd Proximity Mine
    1/5 power.
    Can't be interrupted, can be cancel'd with a disable though ( if you hit it in 1 sec cast time -> cant react to animation in time, only lucky random stun helps against it).
    Pretty ok range AoE.
    Damage over time stacks with Hammerang...so 2nd Hal's Jet...with a little shorter range.
    About 347.2 initial damage + 11 sec dot -> about 1530.8 damage in total, per target.

So how are the moves damage wise compared to other general abilities.

With full power you could do about 3583.3 damage on a single target with backflip only.
    With full power you could do about 6508 damage on single target with Hammerang only.
    With full power you could do about 7109.7 damage on single target using Atom-Splitter only.
    With full power you could do about 7653 damage on single target with Mines only.

Now average damage was calculated without critical/blocked hits.
    And yes, damage over time moves can't be spammed (as they don't stack in duration) and their damage is easier to mitigate with tap block, but this is just maximum damage potential.
    Not to mention all those 3 Steel moves are pretty easy to use on multiple targets, while backflip's cone is very small, requires stacked up people.

DoT only does about 5 hits (unless its Acid), so about 921 damage on average barrel use. Does not really belong to the list.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Steel can be beat easly but he is still OP and the atomic move needs to be inturuptable. it seems that every match you go into now someone is steel due to how OP he is. me and my friend can wreck in ledgends but if you get paired with 2 steels in batcave and they rotate there hammer raise and once they have the node both set up those mines you will almost never get that node back in time due to all your life being gone as soon as you hit the node. this is with two people that comunicate and rotate steels powers way OP and needs to be adjusted.. Im not someone who wines oh this move is OP lets nerf it but when you constistantly get get paired with the same character every time that means its FOTM because its strong. and I saw many people that couldnt even fight with the mechanics in PVP but could still take your whole bar almost just by using a power that stuns and you cant knock them out of it.
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

you are so awesome that'sa why you had to stay in there air to block break him!! why didn't you go toe to toe with him like a man?
  5. Spidersting Committed Player

I think that all of the Station Cash legends need tweeking here and there. Some are OP like Steel and some are UP like Superman. I understand they want us to spend money on these legends but making them perform better then other legends just because we spent money on them is wrong.

Even the mark of lore legends seem to under perform vs these new SC legends. I remember when Bizzaro was broken because his flame breath wasn't vul to interrupt. People went nuts over it and he got nerfed, now steel has basicly the same thing but he remains untouched because we had to pay money for him.

I think we need an update done to fix all legends and balance them out. Some powers don't get used due to vul to interrupt and some legends have 2 of these types of powers. Also while it is cool to have the lazer eyes BB the delay on them actually BB is rough to land or maybe it is just me.
  6. Talve Dedicated Player

Wait...what is the point your trying to make here? o.0

That's horrible idea.
    That would just make this power useless, like almost any other channel based move (except Bullet Storm / Battle Roar and couple more).
    Also would just nullify the only reason to use it.

Now what should be done is a huge damage nerf, to make it similar to powers it's actually similar too (Bizzaro's Jump Smash).
    Damage should still probably be a little bit higher just cos you cant use abilities in it, neither can you clip it with trinket / soda.

You do know that those mines have about 100 health and can be attacked from range. Right? That is not the issue here, stacking damage is.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

That's horrible idea.
    That would just make this power useless, like almost any other channel based move (except Bullet Storm / Battle Roar and couple more).
    Also would just nullify the only reason to use it.
    why so horrible all moves should have some kind of counter its up to the oposing player to know the animations and how to perform the counters

Now what should be done is a huge damage nerf, to make it similar to powers it's actually similar too (Bizzaro's Jump Smash).
    Damage should still probably be a little bit higher just cos you cant use abilities in it, neither can you clip it with trinket / soda.

Steel can be beat easly but he is still OP
    I mean he is a pay to win character as in even if your not good and cant fight all you have to do is buy steel and just your moves will kill most players

You do know that those mines have about 100 health and can be attacked from range. Right? That is not the issue here, stacking damage is.[/quote] and yea its not really viable to stand back and range mines while your being attacked by to players and trying to get on the node for the points
  8. Knight22179 New Player

Steel is not impossible to beat. I beat him with Superman (one of the most Underpowered Legends in the game), but I only did it with help from my partner who had Bane. By myself, I got demolished everytime.

And I respectfully disagree with the others claiming that Steel is not OP. Steel IS OP and he needs to be nerfed. If it were up to me, I'd cut his damage out capability down to half then I'd cut down his toughness by 25% (maybe his health too) and give all his powers a longer cool down period.
  9. Sektor New Player

2H + OP powerset = Steel

Best suggestion was to make his lightning vulnerable to interrupt. And I'd like to suggest having a longer cooldown on his mines.
    Longer cooldown can be said for Hal Jordans Strafing run, but that's completely off topic.
  10. nick singleton New Player

i agreed with the cool down i had a steel on my team and he spawned literally 20 around me...a person tried to fight he got blown up in one blast itz Soooooooooooooooo OP
  11. nick singleton New Player

yea only way to kill him is jumping him thats just me though.... i wanna be able to demolish him with like catwoman or two face my 2 fav legends
  12. nick singleton New Player

Lmao Your Jumping him and guard breaking from air while he doesnt notice (The only Way To Beat Him). i mean 1v1 basis n 1v1 basis he's Op To THE MAX
  13. Quasimoto Active Player

I don't play with bad people when it comes to PvP...but yea, 200k+ from one guy. It's not something you'd rarely see either. I was in an epic legends match the other day against 3 Steels and a Sinestro and we lost by a hair. I have no problem killing off Steels. It's just a pain in the *** to do. Against other characters In 2-3v1 situations there's a good possibility you'll live to fight another day. With Steel, you're going to get gang banged and sent to the re spawn undoubtedly.

And exactly, no balance. I use Steel but I agree with others when they say that stun move should at least be interruptible or make it an SC.
  14. Woodler New Player

lol people seriously pretending like theres balance.

If everybody was as proficient with 2 handed weapon as they were with Martial Arts his OP power set would be must more obvious.
  15. nick singleton New Player

ive seen a steel hit freakin 100k over the second highest bein like 30k b4 trust me that damage is definitly possible
  16. Ice Lantern New Player

I am talking about Bane's Roar, Two-Face's machine gun, heat vision, ice breath, you know...moves that do quick bursts of damage while you stand still...yeah, those moves. And it's not as if, I'm saying that's the only move that should be vulnerable to interrupts.

Nice try though. I guess people get defensive when their brainless characters are threatened.
  17. Moxinine Voshin New Player

Okay, okay I get it. People haven't played in a duo with enemies using two Steel character while you two are using Sinestro and Kilowog.

Even superman has trouble with steel, and he is supposed to be the... Wait for it...

Man of steel.

Considering Bane may even have problems with him, then obviously he needs a nerf.

Unless, of course, you want to raid against eight Steel's. Tell me how that goes.
  18. Horrorshow New Player

OMFG I just got into a match with Steel for the first time. That shield is annoying. He is way too OP. Lol. They need to fix him pronto.
  19. kilkulan New Player

im a bane user myself, usually have a lot of issues with steel/amon sur, even bad ones give me a lot of troubles
  20. Evil Grave New Player

Then both characters would be as worthless as Future Harley.