Another GU, and no word on the Controller role.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Nov 15, 2014.

1. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

True enough, and yes; I troll a lot actually. I have come to love it even more so than being a DPS. Especially being the POT dealer. I prefer it.
    Though the group as a whole does indeed carry the responsibility of acting as one and being mindful of power consumption and role expectation, this is not always the case when in practical application of that principle, as I'm sure you know lol
    But as a troll, I can mitigate some of the recklessness of the lesser-performing players with careful application of what I'm capable of.
  2. Sarcasm Committed Player

Honestly I like how the controller role is I don't find it boring at all PoT some wm combos CCing adds , debuffing , Its all fun to me #Don'tChangeTrolls
  3. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I have no real problems with the controller role currently.

I do, always, feel like there should be more need for CC in the mechanics for raids. AnB was the best we've ever had for this.
    • Like x 2
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

400 is high, too. Let's not to mention gearing up as a major problem too. Would it be wrong to say DPS should have longer cool downs since mastery is in the game? It's hard to find a center with this. Again, it's reall a damn if you do damn if you don't situation but, I'd rather it be damn if it did than damn if it didn't ya know?
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I never said anything about a revamp because I don't throw around those words lightly anymore. I just said to make it fun again, because for most players it's not. Of course a lot of you enjoy the role now because you are end content and mostly run with leagues, especially you Tess. Gearing up a Controller gets increasingly harder and more stressful as content advances and yes, it does need a change. A scale of some sort, better and more efficient power restoring moves, whatever, I don't really care. Some of the other moves in each power set can have different ways of restoring power and if you still like the way controlling is, feel free to use your current powers.

Point is, Controllers are harder to find, still discriminated against, and still abused. Something has to be done to help players
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not have plans to fundamentally change the controller role.
    • Like x 11
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

If they chose to do it that way then POT may need to be retired. "Power Over Time" would undermine your idea.
    • Like x 1
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Ok, thank you Mepps for the reply! I still believe something should be done to enhance the number of Controllers in game. Although I personally cannot hit the nail on the head, many have made points that explain why it is seemingly challenging for Controllers. You guys and gals should seriously look into it.

Edit: I would like to add that there have been times when groups disband and people log out simply because we couldn't find Controllers. This is a problem for you, too. Players not playing is a bad sign. I would rather Controlling be relatively easy than players not playing.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well Tess, you run with people you have run with countless times. They know you better than you know yourself in some occasions, which is fantastic may I add. You run mostly with your league I presume, of course it'll be a cake walk for you haha
  10. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Sure, it's great to have a solid league to play with, although I do run with other people as well. I'm not sure what you mean by the cake walk comment though - I don't think I commented on the difficulty of anything. I simply expressed my desire for more crowd control mechanics in raids.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jamie New Player

What I would love to see happen (but know it will never happen) is to remove power from the game entirely. Remove the need for batteries and create instances where trollers need to control and debuff enemies and buff allies. I would also add in buffs to their role.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jay&Becky New Player

LLLLoooooLLLLL everyone has a ROLE, urs sounds similar to my healing, its a role u have to carry out to benefit your team, SUPPORT ROLE!! if u dont enjoy it maybe u should be a DPS instead, or just go run solos and duos until u cant anymore, and u start to appreciate the loot you get and friends you make running big content with PUGS and FRIENDS and LEAGUEMATES that understand ROLES better than you!!!
  13. VaudVillian New Player

I'm a troll and I love it. I agree that being one is ridiculously under appreciated, but I like the way it is. For mental trolls, anyway. I think that if some groups wouldn't rely mostly on their powers rather than use weapons, I would be happy, because as it is, I can only use my bow because everyone is always out of power and I'm saving up mine to recharge them and debuff bosses. But boring isn't the word I would use. Tedious is better fitting. I catch myself looking at the buff/debuff icons and the blue bars on the healers and tanks more than I look at enemies to actually fight, only to run out of power and get blasted by the group that they aren't getting power the whole time.
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No, but you stated you have no problem with the Controller role, I took that as it's not difficult for you to Control, meaning it's easy for you. You run new content with your league, right? So, you don't hear up the way a lot of people do. You gear up with swell balanced group, a lot of people fail to find a solid, balanced group with mics and everyone is on task. Of course it's easier for you and you have no problem with it whatsoever, that's a given.
  15. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

What are you spamming?

You hit PoT, then do the Weapon combo, then spam 3 times follow by a debuff( seems late but OK) with a pickup?

Seems you have a, I need to make more friends or form a group problem rather than a I have to as you say Spam, Spam, Spam because the content does not let me use my power problem.

If using any debuffs, needed or not, interferes with your rotation I don't think there is any content that is ever put out that can help with CC issues or with making the content fun.

As long as the Healers and Tanks have power you are always golden as the group will not survive without them unless... well I will not go there, but just rushing content will kill the joy of content anyway, bound to get bored and will totally miss the whole mission or point of why your doing it anyway.

Not to imply you but I can see why the role is the most under- appreciated role in the game, for the lack of understanding of the role.

There really needs to be a better way to let newer players know the intentions of the roles, so that players can see that there is more variety with the controller role vs other roles, the controller role is the most unique role in the game now.

Maybe a revamp at the wording when players select there powers when creating a new character, not to sound elitist but maybe a shorter message, due to the confusion of the function of each role.
  16. Psychofro Active Player

Nothing wrong with the role, something wrong with most people who play it. Ive always been a fan, and since Wm came out, im actually putting up legit damage numbers in new content in controller role. Makes it even more fun/exciting ^^
    • Like x 1
  17. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

I play as a controller all the time. I find nothing with the role as it is and I am even using quantum. Even when pugging it I keep pot up and throw debuffs and throw a little dump here and there, and continue on my merry way doing whatever needs to be done. Yeah there is some content that I wish it would give me something else to do, but I can find things to do during it to keep myself entertained.
    I am superspeed and quantum, go figure, the guys/gals I run with know that I will gravity bomb, run in stun, run out and laugh all the way. Gotta keep it fun.
  18. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Only improvements to troll role have come via changes to dps..WM and some of the AM (if players use them...). Might be all we get.
    • Like x 1
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I have 2 trolls, one is 106, and the other is 109. I pug everything, and i don't see anything wrong with the troll role
    • Like x 1
  20. DCUController New Player

my only complaint is in raids and some alerts the control effects seem meaningless, meaning they dont last long enough to even do them in most cases. and sadly thats how debuff are starting to get