High hp again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheHeartbreakkid, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Ive always said this, High HP is fine if content is difficult/interesting enough mechanically to warrant it. In this case, it is.

That Carol fight is way better because of how much HP she has. The WW fight is a little dry mechanically, especially considering who we fight, but either way the team has to be on point to call out when the bracers are up and because she has relatively high HP, it works. The Zatanna fight is great as well because theres stuff to look out for besides her.

High HP boss fights don't work when there's nothing to look out for as a group. Necropolis and Artifacts, for example, didn't warrant High HP because the mechanics were far too cut and try and simple. Love and War, on the other hand, makes this work very well.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ogat New Player

The Chamber whatever thingy took 16 mins on the first run, the rage thingy took just over 20 mins, with a pug 1-1-1-1(dps was a pugster i was healin) group that qualifies as fine for me lol.
  3. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

The only boss that has high health ( and its due to the mechanic) is Larfreeze. We ran 2-2-2-2 last night in L&W and the boss burned just fine...please don't compare this content to HOP1, The content is finally fresh, fun, and most of all challenging. Don't expect to steamroll through the content day one, trust me once you get 96 gear, everything becomes immensely easier...
    • Like x 1
  4. Daishantink New Player

I don't know if things becoming immensely easier just because you grind for gear is a GOOD thing. Where's the challenge? This DLC from most accounts amounts to the same meal we've been eating for a while now, just with a different flavoring. Nothing has been added. Skins, colors, animations, and numerical adjustments to enemies. Underwhelming. Time Filler. Money grab. Keep the addicted dosed.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

I often Tank the duo as a Troll thanks to the Fortified Blocking mod.

Why do I have to Tank the duo??? am too often with either DPS with 0 survivability.... so I need to Tank and try to keep the ennemies away from the DPS.........

Or worse.....

I am stuck with a Healer that does not freekin heal. So I need to play as if I was stuck with a DPS...... but in this case a DPS that barely does any damage.

I almost wish we had a portal to enter so that I could solo the darn thing as opposed to being stuck with a not so good player.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is true for the above average and the exceptional players. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority are JUST average if not lower. The people at the top rarely want to give any consideration to those players. They usually give the "get better at DPS etc..." replies. The Devs don't have the luxury of ignoring them...so they do what they can to help them out on their end. Despite this, some players are still not doing so well...but it makes it easier on the better players to carry them through the raids so they can get what they came for an move on.
    • Like x 1
  7. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

IDK for me if there is a challenge in the beginning there is still that potential in the end. Right now The challenge is starting to end, so bring on the Double DPS runs, I get more of a thrill from the competition between DPS anyways. But I understand where your coming from. There is a reason there is Joke about RPGs. Hit thing with sticks until you get bigger sticks to hit different colored things, rinse and repeat lol. Its all about having fun.
    • Like x 2
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

How are you maintaining aggro in troll stance... Isn't the hate order after a tank is. Down or there is no tank... The next highest threat? I've a kist never seen a troll on the run when I'm in a two dps one heal one troll... It's almost always the dps who gain the aggro of bosses ..
  9. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

All I know is that I think HBK is cute. I know he's sexy. He's got the moves that drive the girls crazy. He's just a sexy boy. He's not a boy toy. He's just a sexy boy.

On topic.

I do not feel the bosses or adds have too much health. I like this DLC thus far. Daishantink is correct, it is still essentially the same game, but the design of the levels and the adds are wonderful. Some new mechanics (the battery in the Larfleez fight, etc.) are fun and add a new wrinkle, which I appreciate. This is by far my favorite DLC since SOT. I feel the real issue with this game, at this point, is my amount of time in. After thousands of hours, it is very easy for me to get tired of new content.
    • Like x 2
  10. Daishantink New Player

And fortunately/unfortunately, you stating "thousands" of hours is not exaggeration or hyperbole. So from your informed & experienced opinion... SSDD(LC).

Devs... please put my .33 a day into a piggy bank and then create a Kickstarter or whatever to emancipate yourselves from your SOEverlords. You guys are great at what you do... I'd love to see what you'd accomplish without the corporate restraints... or without the dead weight on staff like that awful human who made the troll power battery dynamic and then LEFT for another game... that happened FYI...
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As best as I can. ;)

I try to stay right in the bosses face as I alternate between power..... attack.... hold block a bit.... rince and repeat.
    If I can I will try to pull or CC the mobs as much as possible as I Tank the boss.

Doesn't always work.

But it is one way to try to keep the DPSes with low survivability alive.

In T5 I would use Bastion to keep DPSes alive..... but in T6 the figth last wayyy too long..... Bastion just is not enough to do the trick now in T6.

So I started Tanking with my Troll instead to keep the Boss or mobs away from the DPS..... or away from the not so good Healers.
  12. akaivy Dedicated Player

It
    's fine to "tank" as anything if you are not going to die the first time you get hit.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

With my various Shields... and fortified Blocking mod..... survival is pretty good most of the time. ;)