Final word of Arena Clamping

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Zur-En-Arrh28, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Did we get a definitive answer or testing on what exactly gets clamped and maybe when/how?
    I know that Crits will be clamped when you are maxed out (which is fine)

This is especially important now that those Prefab VI Experts could be going into my new gear, if I'm wasting them on PVP that's just going to get reduced anyway.

Any results? In my experience the Green/Red arrows have been backwards. Will say I'm buffed against players in LVL 20 PVE gear, when I'm PVP CR 100. Soooo that hasn't been helpful.
  2. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Most stats you can mod for are not capped or are capped so that you won't hit them in normal play. Initially I thought they were capped but I was forgetting to account for my generator mods when I thought there were stat caps.

Crit damage magnitude is the only one I know you can go over the cap on with sp and passives. I assume crit heal magnitude and maybe crit heal chance and power heal crit chance are capped below what you could get with sp.
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You should not hit the cap unless you stuff every single socket with one mod.
  4. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Thank you. That's even if the opponent is Less gears or Much less geared than you?... you're still not losing out on the benefit of high end might/precision? It's just the Crit Mag that will be reduced?

Is that correct?
  5. Wanning Comet Committed Player

The stat banding per tier is based on your pvp cr, your stats do not change if you fight someone in pve gear or someone in 100 pvp gear in an arena.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Honestly even with straight modding, I think you'd have to do an exploit before you enter the arena to hit the cap. That said, I haven't really cared enough to test it, so you could very well be right.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Ugh! Sounds like I should have stayed PVP CR 99 by not buying a ring or trinket and just modded the hell out of my gear. If every time I fight someone in 99 or less gear my Stats go down, I don't really see the point in my getting the gear/mods.
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Your stats do not go down.
  9. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I think you misunderstood me. Your stats do not change if you fight someone with lower gear. There is stat banding per pvp cr, so someone with no gear will have prec in X-Y range and someone with cr99 gear will have a different but slightly higher range.

You are not punished in any way by getting more pvp gear.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

Okay - thank you VERY much for your explanation and help. You know what they say, "When you get the answer you want, hang up the phone."