Server Downtime - November 5, 2014 - Game Update 42!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 4, 2014.

1. MaxNH New Player

Well a Dev said it would release next month as well.....but I'm done...let's just sit back and watch the show.
  2. DCUController New Player

3. Shinji Firudo Active Player

ah I wondered why it said the update was today but didn't show any patching I thought: hang on if its update 42 why did it patch so quickly. in the end it just froze while trying to connect to the server of course, but it's odd cause sometimes I'm able to login when it's update even though it says world down I can still see my characters in the list, then sometimes it just say connecting to erver and just stays like that ive always fond that confusing damn if I'd saved my SC I had the other day I could've bout a movement respect cause I always planned to have skimming I just wanted the name before anyone took it o I set up in advance.

None the less looking forward to the movement variant also mostly looking forward to the super speed variants in the future (I'm a smallville fan) so blurring in red and blue (or black and white) without the electric residue wood be better aesthetically for anyone who wants to be a speeding Kryptonian. Oh and btw FNL Rocks!
  4. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

I can't recall a DLC dropping right after an update. Has that ever happened?
  5. MrJinggles Level 30

thank you ,I'll do that then when the patch is done.
  6. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

This ends at 12pm PST 3pm ET correct ?
  7. RavenSW Well-Known Player

Yes, Amazon Fury dropped with its corresponding GU was either 38 or 39, the dlc wasn't made available for purchase for a week, but was immediately available for members, to my understanding dlc before that were all handled similarly. Members pay monthly fees for more access, and was one of the perks of having it
  8. ErnieB Loyal Player

well according to Mepps that was never a perk, it's just something they did out of the goodness of their hearts, I and other legendary members (who remember the old legendary pitch and not the all access one they always refer us to) knew that was bs, but well in the end the DLC 11 which came out for everyone had so many bugs half the players couldn't use it on day one anyway.
  9. Creape New Player

awesome! been wondering when dis update will come it will be more awesome then ever u just hope they will nerf gadgets its to OP EMP but new movement mode omg omg skimming xDD awesome!
  10. Dragarnax New Player

So, how long left until the servers are online?
  11. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

YAY! Escalating might mod will finally work with my loadout!
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is nice to see skimming coming out, but it cost money to acquire this movement mode. My question about this is, does this also apply to those of us with legendary memberships?

If so, than what is the point of legendary membership other than the unlimited cash. I thought legendary provided me full access to all weapons, powers, movement, and DLCs...

I'm concerned as a paying subscriber that future releases of power and other movement types will cost in addition to the monthly fee; I feel this is why we are seeing the separation happening between DLC and updates. Just another way to add to its revenue stream. I really want to try skimming but I will not pay $10 for it. No way!
  13. Yui Loyal Player

They should be up by 12 PM PST at least. Could be earlier though.
  14. Yui Loyal Player

If you're legendary, you should have access to Skimming.

However, any existing characters that have a different movement mode, if you want to switch them to Skimming, you would have to buy a movement respec token to switch them.

If you're creating a new character, Skimming should be one of the movement modes available to you.

For Premium players, I believe they have to purchase Skimming in the marketplace, and should they wish to switch an existing character's movement to Skimming, they would have to pay an additional $10 for a movement respec token.
  15. True Lasombra Well-Known Player

Is going to be funny to see people Skimming everywhere!! But you have a good point!
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

A piece of advice, try to keep up with the developer discussion, pages like Work In Progress and testing feedback always help to clarify those kinds of doubts. As far as the cost of this, nothing for legendary who make a new toon, but if you already have a toon then you have to buy a respec token as you would with changing anything else that's permanent on a toon. Also yes the separation is to make more money, by as legendary we will get it all free no matter how they decide to sell it (except legends on course).
  17. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Yes skimming and shooting the faster quantum power! LOL. My update was 10.82 GB at 6ish like instantaneous ly and took less than 1 hour to finish. You think they may have tossed in the DLC as a "kindness of their heart" surprise? Well that'ld be awesome! As always very much appreciated and thank you to everyone who made this possible. :)
  18. xXBOUNCERXx New Player

Why don't they give us a Movement-token for free?
  19. Silvoren New Player

türkler nerede :D
  20. butaalinmarian New Player

They don't give you a power respec token every time a power is released, so why should they?