PvP is seriously messed up!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Collector, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Collector New Player

So I am not a big PvP'r as you can tell, it has always been overrun by hackers and exploitists. And now even your gear doesn't matter, I have a 98 PvP cr and was just knocked out by a level 19 player whom didn't even have PvP gear, his single hits from his weapon were doing 1-1.5k each, my best attacks were only hitting for 300-400 at best, I was like what the ... so after looking over the last GU notes I noticed that now if you enter a match with higher cr'd players your stats are buff'd to a standardized level, Standardized..... yet with a 98pvpcr and 155sp's I get rocked by a level 19 ....??? seriously, the kid was in no way out playing me, I was landing and blocking his attacks easily 3 to 1 but still got my butt whooped ......

What is the point of collecting PvP gear now anyways, as it doesn't matter what stats you have even the feats both style and otherwise only count towards more sp which means more stats which don't mean anything anymore in PvP because of this new buff standardizing players stats!
    Add to this that hackers don't care about anything especially the game, even if caught, they just create another account and away they go they can make a new toon and be back PvPing in no time and no need to gear up either because of the new stat equalization .....

So yeah PvP to me is worse than ever, more hackers than ever, no point in gearing up, really no point to it at all!
  2. Collector New Player

Strait from update notes!
    • PvP Stat Balance!
    o If a player is un-geared or under-geared while in a PvP arena, any stat that doesn't meet minimum entry requirements is automatically increased to the minimum based on your current role!
  3. space outlaw Well-Known Player

why would you think it would be a kid that whooped your butt.. it can be someone your age or older that whooped your butt XD
    • Like x 1
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

He was clearly doing something better than you. If you out performed him 3 to 1 then you should have won...

His stats were buffed to cr 95-96 not 98 and he had like 12 SP (wild guess)... The odds were in your favour

No offence buddy but you definitely got outplayed. Believe me there is a point in collecting PVP gear if you are gonna fight against good premades/players.
  5. Collector New Player

Sorry but my attacks did less than a third the damage his did for one (meaning even landing 3 times as many attacks,powers, and bb'rs I still lost) , and question, how do you know what level the new stat buffs, buff to??
  6. Volkenraider Loyal Player

They buff up to the minimum stat (depending on your role) equivalent to the lowest tiered gear. Besides that the devs clearly stated this, I tried it out for myself.

Enter an arena with a toon that doesn't meet the required stats and you will be automatically "buffed" to the minimum. Once you meet that minimum you won't see a green number anymore

Looks like this: - I made up the numbers btw

Precision 1400 (+600)
    Restoration 5324 (+3455)
    Vitalization 1770 (+688)

As for your attacks doing less damage, were you doing any weapon masteries or just simply tapping your weapon? If you have any footage of this it would help.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

I have a toon on hero side and im grinding pvp gear with him. Actually he has no gear at all except a weapon... And i have no problem.

Enter a arena match with only your weapon and press "i" and see your stats.
  8. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

the only thing in PVP that is broken is the counters. the buff is intended
    • Like x 1
  9. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Being overrun by exploitists, yes, but hackers? I'm not even sure how to respond to that without being condescending. As far as losing to a low level? You got outplayed or cheesed by a gadgets emp user. From the way you talk, though, you got outplayed. Sorry, but don't whine on the forums because you don't like a more fair fight.
    • Like x 1
  10. cross out Well-Known Player

I must agree I really don't like the way my armor doesn't mean crap anymore.
  11. Collector New Player

OK for starters ... out played yeah right, I went over the fight logs, and his MA "hold ranged" attack was hitting me for over 1000 every time while my Shield "hold ranged" was doing about 300 per hit, that sounds like I was out played alright!

Secondly "Hackers" yes there are tons! When a player can use an attack "that is suppost to take 1.5 seconds to preform" 3 times in 1.5 seconds yeah dude, they are hacking, it is called a speed hack, also just to be clear using macros is also considered hacking in this game. I play the PC version, there probably isn't nearly as much of this on the PS, but none of you asked "what platform" instead you all just jump strait to the personal attacks. Just typical of the caliber of players in the game these days!
  12. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

This whole scenario begs the question: How much fun could this potential Hacker be having running only Level 19 and below missions?
    You said he didn't have PVP gear so it's not like he's just PvP based either.

That's the part that doesn't make sense.

I mean if he want's to get off Brainiac's Ship faster than anyone else, I guess more power to him.

-Zurr
  13. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I am sorry, I did not mean to make any personal attacks. I know there are speed hackers, but you made it sound as if they were in every match. And maybe you should buy ma... Just saying.
  14. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

You were undeniably outplayed. A level 19 can't get the power points needed for a decent loadout nor the sp's for a weapon master, and even if he had both of those the auto buff is just to a decent standard; geared and sp'd players will always have some advantage over any auto buff. I've walked in nekkid into arenas and taken names so it's certainly possible, but having your own, even just cr98, is still superior.

You were beat, handily apparently. whatever they were hitting you with was a bigger, harder attack than whatever you were trying.
  15. Villainsallday New Player

I h
    I had 15 league members literally quit and go inactive since this update. A lot of pvpers are leaving I have noticed, they are losing lots of money for this crap. I also went 10-1 one day in pvp matches against pvp cr 100 people while I was using a lvl 52 item level pve weapon. Arenas is broken, but hey they aren't fixing it so I just exploit it. I get on my level 15 alts and woop people because I a skilled pvper. They hate it and I agree it isn't fair. I have no gear, lol. Just recording it for youtube purposes, like "hey everyone, on this game, level 15s can beat fully geared level 30s" lol. This games pvp has become a joke in arenas. Just make alts and get them to lvl 15 and go in arenas and kick butt, to practice powers or something, don't even bother gearing your main for the pvp stats give very little edge over non geared players. Good luck
  16. Dylan Top5 New Player

Let me start off by saying:

EXPOSED!!!

The difference in stats between a fresh level 10 and a FULLY MODDED cr 100 level 30 is huge. If you are losing to a level 10 or anyone in entry level gear for that matter, then you really need to go back to the drawing board and examine your skill set.
    • Like x 8
  17. jr1nc Dedicated Player

im just going to start by saying this thread will be closed like the others! because if someone does not like the current pvp change they get bashed and say how bad that player is! there are more and more people complaining so if you feel like its a bad update then feel free to express your frustration! i personally think S3 needs to be looked at! i dont agree with most of these guys but im sure this will be one more thread tallied towards S3 .. i agree with Dylan though need to go back to the drawing board and examine your skill set. but im sure there will be changes and i do see more people leaving pvp! i myself trying really hard to grasp what pvp is today and will continue to practice and learn... im a crappy player and proud of it!
    • Like x 1
  18. Collector New Player

EXPOSED!!
    Read the update notes for GU41:
    • PvP Stat Balance!
    o If a player is un-geared or under-geared while in a PvP arena, any stat that doesn't meet minimum entry requirements is automatically increased to the minimum based on your current role!

... someone obviously has no clue and is just here to try to belittle others!
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I think he's referring to the fact that you lost against someone who is better than you and you can't rely on stats to win anymore.

I concur, EXPOSED.
    • Like x 4
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

well if i enter with pve gear it says pve gear is disabled but also shows numbers like:

Health 26000(+27000)
    Restoration 5400 (+3400)
    Thoughness 9700 (+9800)

etc...

i was also wondering are now my stats the green one or are the green one added to my stats :)

i noticed the heal numbers i receive in pvp gear are lower by ~20% then in pve gear , which is/should be disabled.